Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aesthetics

SirNerdsAlot5

I want to start off by saying I enjoy this game very much. It is truly unique compared to other shooters and MMO's.

However, I was thinking about something whilst pondering the whole Fomorian ship concept. I imagined the ship hovering in atmosphere releasing hordes of Grineer with people running away. Then it hit me, we haven't seen a single civilian in this game. How does an empire control so much, yet there is no one to control? This is where the game tends to lack in aesthetics.

I would love to see something like this implemented into the game. It would help create the feeling that the Grineer are actually a threat and not the meatbags I've been killing in droves. It would be a cool opening cinematic rather than us flying in an dropping from a ceiling. This would also give us the opportunity to create a new type of defense. Protect the peoples? 

Now I understand that this is a bit of a stretch, considering that it may not be 100% aligned with the ninja space wizards idea. However, I believe it would add some realism to the lore and maybe even spawn new ideas for the direction the game is headed in.

I suppose we have not met any civilians because the Grineer are similar to the Imperium from Warhammer 40,000. Things are so dire and so many conflicts are going on that the Grineer need every last person in the fight. Not to mention that all we see from the Grineer are clones, so this may hint that these are the only people left. Clones.

I suppose we have not met any civilians because the Grineer are similar to the Imperium from Warhammer 40,000. Things are so dire and so many conflicts are going on that the Grineer need every last person in the fight. Not to mention that all we see from the Grineer are clones, so this may hint that these are the only people left. Clones.

Corpus.... no clones there. AND there could be places that still have cities and such

Machinery? Also Grineer are clones, that degrade over the time and they dont need civilians per-say, or thats what i assume.

Corpus are technological with robotics, no need for civilians aswell? MINDBLOWN! Infested are those civilians? :>

But yes, it would be nice to have a civilians or other type of characters to not just "KILL EVERYTHING" and introduce some control fire and target recognition (aoe's would not affect them i guess), that you would be able to kill, but you would be punished for doing so as going against Tenno code or something similiar.

Edited by eStecko

Corpus.... no clones there. AND there could be places that still have cities and such

I think the Crewman actually are civilians. They make repairs and build things within their ships and outposts. When there is an attack, I figure they grab a weapon from their armoury and defend. This is just me though.

I think the Crewman actually are civilians. They make repairs and build things within their ships and outposts. When there is an attack, I figure they grab a weapon from their armoury and defend. This is just me though.

Well they're kinda like a black market faction, but still. I can't accept that absolutely everyone in the system is either Grineer, Corpus, or Tenno.

I'd love some sort of "city tileset". I want to see how the common folks live. I wonder if the average city in this (very) far future looks like something out of cyberpunk, Star Wars, Mad Max or WH40k (or something completely original).

A similar discussion about noncombatants. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/84871-where-are-all-the-humans/

They've talked about adding ambient creatures/animals in the Grineer Settlement tileset. Maybe someday we'll se a Corpus Population Complex tileset with civilians.

Yea that'd be great. All we see are soldiers, which is not realistic.

Yea that'd be great. All we see are soldiers, which is not realistic.

It makes sense to see a lot of Grineer soldiers and Corpus Crewmen in their ships. Ships from the Grineer Empire would mostly be militaristic, while Corpus ships would be more like freighters carrying cargo. A few engineers here and there would be nice.

Not so much with mining asteroids manned entrely by soldiers. Where are all the EnGrineers operating and maintaining the massive mining machinery?.

It doesn't have to be realistic though. What would Civilians actually add to the game other than making us go slower through a level because now we have to babysit npcs? Perhaps for certain missions I could see it working, but I wouldn't want it to be a regular thing. It's a nice concept but I just feel like it wouldn't suit the feel of the game at all. Grineer are all clones, they're all created with inbuilt military knowledge. The only faction that should potentially have non combat units are Corpus, and if you pay attention to the ship during missions, you'd realise that the civillians aboard their ships have already been evacuated (it talks about escape pods and safety procedures, so I assume that non combatants have fled the vessel)

It doesn't have to be realistic though. What would Civilians actually add to the game other than making us go slower through a level because now we have to babysit npcs? Perhaps for certain missions I could see it working, but I wouldn't want it to be a regular thing. It's a nice concept but I just feel like it wouldn't suit the feel of the game at all. Grineer are all clones, they're all created with inbuilt military knowledge. The only faction that should potentially have non combat units are Corpus, and if you pay attention to the ship during missions, you'd realise that the civillians aboard their ships have already been evacuated (it talks about escape pods and safety procedures, so I assume that non combatants have fled the vessel)

If  we have to babysit npcs, that's part of the mission. 

On top of that, what about the people we rescue? Why don't we see more of them, or prevent them from being captured? Granted if we're on a ship then it really doesn't matter, but on the planets? Grineer, sure they're all clones, but that doesn't mean the areas they take over have clones. On top of that, what about the faction we "work" for? Our action isn't all Tenno warriors as we've seen from rescue missions.