The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Napalm Too Much Aoe

Tyre

Yes, the same for Ancient Healers, Ancient Disruptors, Grineer Seekers, Grineer Rollers, Leech Ospreys, Shield Ospreys, Corpus Techs... wait, what? Every single challenging mob has it's place under the statement above.

None of the listed enemies do damage trough cover or have absurd AoE, and rollers and ospreys generally are just an annoyance more than a threat.

I actually don't mind having challenge but I would rather have a challenging enemy which attacks are actually avoidable by dodging or cover or both. If you put it an enemy like napalm there needs to be a way to counter it otherwise it just feels like BS.

None of the listed enemies do damage trough cover or have absurd AoE, and rollers and ospreys generally are just an annoyance more than a threat.

I actually don't mind having challenge but I would rather have a challenging enemy which attacks are actually avoidable by dodging or cover or both. If you put it an enemy like napalm there needs to be a way to counter it otherwise it just feels like BS.

Radial Disarm, Mind control, Chaos, Freeze, Rhino stomp and moar.

The easiest tactic is you have to charge them.

Grineer heavies are at their weakest up close except minigunners but they compensate by having abilities to take you out of cover. For example Bombard, Commander (he will not switch teleport you if you are in front of him duh) and of course Napalms. Seekers to a certain extent as well. 

Edited by fatpig84

In Left 4 dead 2 the chars shout STALKER or JOCKEY because they are very nasty enemy types and can make a train wreck of any group. On hardcore mode they scare the crap out of you when you know one is around and you cant find your team mates.

In Warframe its nice to have an enemy you shout "napalmer" on skype to warn your friends. Yes they are a very painful enemy to face. I have had them spawn on me, 2 behind me. Opened a door and got WTFPWNed in the face before i could move. But... Its fun to have something in the enviroment that makes you ^^

Nightmare Ceres: You cant run full tilt around smashing everything in the face. When you on your way out and on a timer and you see 2 Napalmers in the next room you know your in for a fight and have to burn some energy. This is good gameplay. Annoying for some as being 1 shotted always is but it has a slow travel time and can be avoided.

If they are 1-2 shotting people on normal levels and spawning alot then yes change them but for nightmare please no. I have died 4 times in 10 seconds from these before and it was annoying but it was not the enemies fault. No 1 second immune on revive or sentinal protects you for a second or 2 so you can get your barings instead of being insta blown up again.

Anyway i like Napalmers. Its Nova's i hate :p

The area is about 10 meters on the rocket explosion for the napalm guys.

Honestly I dont mind them too much though the flames/heat going through larger barriers is more an issue of being counter intuative than any real danger I've found.

I do find it amusing though that they will shoot you in close range as well, where the point of their weakness would be (only a moron shoots a 10 metre spash damage rocket when they are standing within that 10 metres).  That and friendly fire.

Even just barriers of sufficient size (crates and walls for example) protected the player it would work.  Having self damage would be a bonus too (though they would liekly have decent fire resistance).  That said given warframe powers go through heavy barriers as well, I can see why ththey do so with the explosion.

That said I've found volt's shield does stop the splash damage, most of the time.

I'll again recount a story when doing E Prime on Earth:

I clicked on E Prime, waited for it to load up, and the very first thing I hear (while the grate is kicked out of the ceiling) is "Warning: Heavy Grineer Approaching".

After I gain control of my character, I notice I'm in that large starting room with the vertical fan shaft you have to drop through to start the level.

I run over towards the said hole and I hear the deep-sounding "FWOOOSH" of the Napalm's gun and then I take damage. He shot me through the ceiling and somehow hit me. Okaaaaaaaaaay.

I jump down through the shaft and he uses Radial Blast before I even hit the ground and he starts walking backwards. I get up and he nails me square on with a Napalm blast. There was also a Shield Lancer in the room, just as I'm trying to get away from the stupid Napalm, I get thrown 5 feet by a Shield Bash.

I get nailed with another Napalm blast by the time I get back up and the Shield Lancer finishes me off with that stupid pistol of his.

Yeah, that's real fair. Uh huh.

They need a massive range nerf, first and foremost -- their radius is probably closer to 20m, it doesn't matter WHERE in a room you stand, you still get nailed with the damage. I have had Napalms fire projectiles at me, and I've slid towards the Projectile to slide under it, and it goes quite a considerable distance behind me, and then suddenly my indicator flashes that I take damage from behind me when it blows up and I'm like "whaaaa? That's ridiculous".

They should also need Line of Sight to do damage to you, similar to Shockwave Moas. If you stand behind something and a Shockwave Moa uses a Shockwave right beside you.......it won't hit you. Napalms need to be similar.

Their Fire Rate is fine, but it is NOT fine when combined with the absolutely $&*&*#(%& range and lack of Line of Sight requirement.