Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"no Minimap" Condition On Nightmare Mode Needs Reconsideration

Barnago

They have the programming/shader/whatever implemented for disrupting the minimap - instead of hiding the minimap, disrupt it at random intervals for (within boundaries) random periods of time. Obfuscate and make it slightly more challenging.

As for removing other vital pieces of information that the player can't deduce from other signs (cryopod health, mission crtiical items) - that's mad. That's just ... wow. Don't do that. Instead, I think it would be much more fun to remove your knowledge of how many rounds you've got left in your current magazine. Make the player count the bullets (but don't leave the player guessing how much ammunition he or she has left). Hide the amount of shield the player has (but don't hide the amount of health).

It's also absolutely mandatory that the player is informed about what mutator's are going to be in the level. We can change our loadout for a reason; expand on that level of gameplay.

I only recently started playing Warframe, so haven't experienced this mode firsthand, but it does seem like a very poor design decision.

To add to the points that have already been laid out, the constant spawning of new enemies means you can't use those as a guide to whether or not you've been to an area before, and the dead bodies despawning doesn't help either.

Agreed 100%. This needs to be removed. Right now I hate nightmare mode and don't bother playing it. It isn't difficult but it sometimes is just unfair and you will get something like no mini map + timer. That is stupid and should not be in the game considering the map waypoint are different every time so you cant really memorize where to go. I also have to equip a vatality mod so when i get the no shields + no energy I can do the mission without leaving and restarting which it kind of forces you to do sometimes.

The ships usually aren't too complicated and most players should be able to find their way.  Most players won't try though.  I know that of the few times I have had the glitched mini-map icon, I found my way.  Of several times when the rooms overlapped and confused the waypoint marker, I was the one to lead the way.  In general, there are really only 2 directions to go, so you will find your way if you can remember what just a few rooms looked like in order and make sure not to go back through those unless there is nowhere else to go.  It isn't that difficult, but it is less then most people want to try.

getting on a 4 sabotage or 4 spy missions with additional objectives, you'd be wrong.

getting on a 4 sabotage or 4 spy missions with additional objectives, you'd be wrong.

Had to lead the way on an optional objective mission a couple times also.  It is complicated, but not impossible and won't leave you wandering for 20 minutes, if you can pay attention.

Perhaps the Minimap Mutator could be modified to only show the room youre in and a waypoint only visible in-game (not on the minimap). Therefore, youre not too lost but dont have everything you normally have

I have to say that I like this suggestion. +Infinite

Ninja not Ninja this is SF game and right now in 2013, everybody has GPS in the self phone so I agree this is BAD IDEA. No "way point" in future? lol. After spy mission 8 data-masses this is nightmare really 30min one level and now whenever I end in this no-map mode I quit. In those random mazes this is waste of time.

Solution:

- Make some NEWS -HUD (NorthEastWestSouth if you do not know etymology ;) joke ) showing only meters to target and we will find the way.

- Make way point in some RED (close) BLUE(far) gama.

Edited by kz3dart

no Minimap in nightmare mod works well with def missions. It's just the missions that require you to travel through different parts of the environment that are the real issue.

Actually, no minimap in def missions is even worse, since you have no idea how much health the objective has left, nor which wave you happen to be on, and as a result, you have to hunt down the last crawler, osprey, or roller. It's like playing hunt the last webway in Soulstorm only much more aggravating.