Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Bounty Abandon mechanics need a QoL pass

TGDM

I'm still instantly failing Bounties by using Nova's Wormhole or my operator's Void Dash to reach a Bounty. It's frustrating that you can instantly fail the Bounties due to these bugs. I feel as if I'm being punished for being able to quickly move to the next objective area.

It would feel much better if a timer was added to allow us to re-enter the confined area upon being detected as having exited it or when we initially start it.

I 100% relate to this I'm having the same issue with nova even though I hadn't tried it with operator. It's certainly a bug since the lotus doesn't say you failed it just says you abandoned objective (even though you didn't). This bug is easy to replicate as it happens almost every time (already happened to me dozens of times).

6 hours ago, Trvldl said:

There should not be abandoning mechanic in the first place, it does not do anything but waste our time.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I can understand why it exists. If you left the main objective area it would cause enemy spawns to happen outside of the objective area and thus negate the challenge.

...I should probably mention that if you're in a squad and doing the "Hold this area" objective while someone is not in the objective area it will do just that. And unless that one person who is off doing who-knows-what (usually fishing or mining) isn't clearing enemies, you will lose control of the area and fail that way. Even though no enemies spawn at all in the are you're trying to clear out the Grineer from.

18 hours ago, TGDM said:

I'm still instantly failing Bounties by using Nova's Wormhole or my operator's Void Dash to reach a Bounty. It's frustrating that you can instantly fail the Bounties due to these bugs. I feel as if I'm being punished for being able to quickly move to the next objective area.

It would feel much better if a timer was added to allow us to re-enter the confined area upon being detected as having exited it or when we initially start it.

Feels good that i'm not the one who have this problem, feels bad that its still a thing.

3 hours ago, TGDM said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I can understand why it exists. If you left the main objective area it would cause enemy spawns to happen outside of the objective area and thus negate the challenge.

...I should probably mention that if you're in a squad and doing the "Hold this area" objective while someone is not in the objective area it will do just that. And unless that one person who is off doing who-knows-what (usually fishing or mining) isn't clearing enemies, you will lose control of the area and fail that way. Even though no enemies spawn at all in the are you're trying to clear out the Grineer from.

Instead of abandoning there should be a mechanic that prevents player from getting rewards if he is not in the zone for more than 30 accumulated seconds after entering it, and he should have similar amount of initial time to get there when objective is reached by someone else already (scaling on the distance between previous objective/gates and next objective) before "no reward" timer goes off.

Edited by Trvldl