Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Madurai Focus' interactions with Abilities

-CG.WFO.A4NC.EN.CM-Nub

Back in Focus 1.0, each of all three Madurai passives that increase damage by 30% in forms of Slash, Puncture, and Impact, affected numerous abilities like Ash's Shurikens, Ember's World on Fire, Ivara's Artemis Bow, Titania's Razorwing (both Dex Pixia and Diwata), and Nova's AMD. But now in Focus 2.0, the two new Madurai passives don't appear to be affecting said abilities anymore, is this intended or a bug?

Edited by -CG.WFO.A4NC.EN.CM-Nub

11 minutes ago, -CG.WFO.A4NC.EN.CM-Nub said:

Back in Focus 1.0, each of all three Madurai passives that increase damage by 30% in forms of Slash, Puncture, and Impact, affected numerous abilities like Ash's Shurikens, Ember's World on Fire, Ivara's Artemis Bow, Titania's Razorwing (both Dex Pixia and Diwata), and Nova's AMD. But now in Focus 2.0, the two new Madurai passives don't appear to be affecting said abilities anymore, is this intended or a bug?

probably intended..since instead of having the 3 (somewhat) separate increases (why they even got added to elements and abilities in the first place) its now all or nothing in terms of increase...and not an addition either (sadly) *i liked it in 3.0 as i could then add slash damage to elemental only weapons and abilities...made chromatic blade that much more powerful...especially since it worked with drifting contact and relentless combination *w/e that slash proc increasing combo counter is called*)

1 hour ago, Kalvorax said:

probably intended..since instead of having the 3 (somewhat) separate increases (why they even got added to elements and abilities in the first place) its now all or nothing in terms of increase...and not an addition either (sadly) *i liked it in 3.0 as i could then add slash damage to elemental only weapons and abilities...made chromatic blade that much more powerful...especially since it worked with drifting contact and relentless combination *w/e that slash proc increasing combo counter is called*)

If this was intended, I'm really bummed out, as Madurai was one of the best Focus for abilities (for me at least)

7 hours ago, -CG.WFO.A4NC.EN.CM-Nub said:

If this was intended, I'm really bummed out, as Madurai was one of the best Focus for abilities (for me at least)

I don't think it is... although I definitely think it's something that is being calculated in a different way. You see, the main passive affects Physical damage and the secondary affects Elemental damage. So if I were to guess it has to factor in what Physical damage (IPS) and what Elemental damage the ability deals. Where before it could add on specific modifiers to specific damage types like Slash, now it's just affecting the entire damage pool as a whole and so may function the same way that regular damage mods do (as in, adding a percentage onto the base, un-modded value).

There might even be genuine bugs with it, but as I'm not a Madurai user I can't actually go and check.