The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

More Lag Than Usual

LordMegaKnight

Since about two or three days ago playing has proven difficult for me. I don't know what has changed, but the more enemies I encounter on a mission, the "laggier" it gets. This increases to an extent that is unbearable - it's especially bad on this weekend's event. Defense missions are a hassle and the only thing I can do is take Nova, use Molecular Prime and hope somebody gets a kill to be of some use. Also I seem to be missing a lot of resource drops, because of it.

I've never had this problem before, everything went smooth until now...

I checked and there's nothing wrong with my connection.

Has anybody else noticed that kind of behavior?

This may also be due to your pc running slowly or not being able to handle the increase in tiles size and or enemy numbers in which case I'd recommend turning down some of the games settings or closing all background programmes by using task manager or ms config to shut them down on start up.

Similar problem. It does not change when I turn down graphics settings. I'm 99% sure it has to do with my connection to the host (same person every time) because it did not occur when we were on the same wifi connection.

Ever since the event started I can't get in a game with a reasonable ping at all. Everything I shoot at has already been killed by a teammate, but I don't know that until about 10 seconds after. I find myself downed when I was at full health no more than a few seconds ago, and I frequently see Sentiniels flying around without a Tenno next to them. All I can really do anymore is spam shock and hope that gets me more than 6% damage by the end of the match.

Edited by Facekillz058

It's been like that for me as well lately.

In most matches enemies freeze, same with teammates, as if I'm lagging, but switching weapons and picking up items work fine, it's instant (on most cases).

Funny thing, when I shoot an enemy (currently using Snipetron Vandal) the damage's done as if I wasn't lagging.

The only lag I have been encountering is region based. My PC has been able to perform with minimal FPS drop even during the most hectic Fomorian event missions or Defense Missions. Still staying over 20 FPS at the worst of times.

I keep my Ping Limit set to 250 (.25 seconds of lag) as a way to avoid horrifically laggy games. Recently however it seems the only games available are too high. So I moved to 350 accepting the fate of bad lag. Still no games. This means that the average game currently has over .35 seconds of lag most likely over .5 seconds which is nearing very hard to play levels.

The only lag I have been encountering is region based. My PC has been able to perform with minimal FPS drop even during the most hectic Fomorian event missions or Defense Missions. Still staying over 20 FPS at the worst of times.

I keep my Ping Limit set to 250 (.25 seconds of lag) as a way to avoid horrifically laggy games. Recently however it seems the only games available are too high. So I moved to 350 accepting the fate of bad lag. Still no games. This means that the average game currently has over .35 seconds of lag most likely over .5 seconds which is nearing very hard to play levels.

Yes, seems like the base ping went up quite high in the past days. Several times this weekend I've seen a dialog when searching for a squad (match making), saying that all games have been rejected due to the ping and my ping limit (set to 300).

If I finally found a host, 7 out of 10 seem to lag pretty wildly. I measured it by standing in front of the door and counting the seconds it takes the door to open - and sometimes it took up to 10 seconds, that is 10.000ms lag!

With this lag, the game starts to bug quite bad. Other players vanish, I only see dead enemies, no more damage numbers, dead players move around and can not be revived, energy orbs do not refill energy, ...

I'm getting the same issue.  Since Friday or Saturday every single game I've joined has been laggy and every game I hosted has been laggy for my friends.  Other games seem to work fine online.

Edit: To clarify before that the majority of games I joined were not laggy at all and games I hosted worked fine for everyone involved.

Edited by davidjayder

Since about two or three days ago playing has proven difficult for me. I don't know what has changed, but the more enemies I encounter on a mission, the "laggier" it gets. This increases to an extent that is unbearable - it's especially bad on this weekend's event. Defense missions are a hassle and the only thing I can do is take Nova, use Molecular Prime and hope somebody gets a kill to be of some use. Also I seem to be missing a lot of resource drops, because of it.

I've never had this problem before, everything went smooth until now...

I checked and there's nothing wrong with my connection.

Has anybody else noticed that kind of behavior?

Here is a useful way to help with less lagg.

Local Reflections (off)

Dynamic Lighting (off)

DOF / Motion Blur (off)

Bloom (off)

It reduced my lagg allot you will notice. Try it out yourself and it looks allot better without the DOF / Motion blur. Allows you to see more detail on the maps in-game itself. Give it a try let me know what you think.

Edited by MrAnonymousGuy

It's been like that for me as well lately.

In most matches enemies freeze, same with teammates, as if I'm lagging, but switching weapons and picking up items work fine, it's instant (on most cases).

Funny thing, when I shoot an enemy (currently using Snipetron Vandal) the damage's done as if I wasn't lagging.

this is me