Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eviserators... Just A Tad Bit Op?

Brimir

This. I've found them annoying at high levels. Their RoF coupled with the damage is ridiculous. They do need to be looked at and adjusted accordingly because they're irritating and people have said so in chat as well. Coming across a wall of them equals death.

Equals more enemies to smash at once.

Seriously, I don't have any problem meeleing them...

Well, I didn't get killed by them, but they certainly do a hell of a lot more damage than regular Grineer.

"I don't have a problem, therefore the problem doesn't exist!"

No not for everyone. 

I don't have a problem meleeing them if I want to but when you get hit, it actually really hurts. 1-2-3 shots come flying all at once and you're down or on your very last legs. If they miss the shots will hit the environment bouncing around and if there's a few of these guys, you can't avoid getting hit. The RoF and dmg is too much. Something needs to be adjusted be it either rof/dmg/shots fired or how many spawn at one time but they shouldn't stay as they are.

Edited by Naith

I'd rather have their projectiles slowed down just a bit than have the damage nerfed. This enemy seems to fill a role of "Extremely important, dodge or die." Hell, has anyone tried blocking the sawblades? Maybe that's what we're supposed to do.

I'd rather have their projectiles slowed down just a bit than have the damage nerfed. This enemy seems to fill a role of "Extremely important, dodge or die." Hell, has anyone tried blocking the sawblades? Maybe that's what we're supposed to do.

How do you block in this game?

It's not bound to a key by default, probably because it's useless. If you really want to try it, go into Controls and bind it to Alt or something.

Actually if you have a mouse 4 it will bind to that. Granted, I doubt a majority of players have anything more than a 3 button, but yeah mouse 4 is a good place to put it if you have it.

Well, I experienced literally twohits against them. 940 shield + 620 health within 2 hits away as Volt ( could also be one hit but i dunno).

Ok if they don't hit me, it doesn't matter, but if they do, I don't even have a chance to think about shooting back.

They ignore shields so that's annoying, but they die pretty easily, even on the higher levels.  I just pull them all, charge spam and they are usually dead before they get back up.  The only times I have seen people die to them is runners who go a room or two ahead of the rest, so nothing lost really.

If you don't have enough damage to tear them down instantly, and if you aren't a constantly moving player, then an eviscerator will get the chance to focus fire you and will probably tear you down pretty quickly.

They aren't excessively damaging, but they do tear through shields and life effectively.  At a roughly equal level with their target, they only need about 5 to 10 shots it seems to make the kill.  But like a few posters mentioned, their attacks can be dodged.  If you keep moving, they tend to miss a lot.

So, if you are going to melee them, make sure you are using a good ice mod so that they don't fire as fast.  You probably also want to be able to cut them down in one or two hits.  Otherwise, just shoot them from range and don't stand still.

They are a bit like chargers in that if you let them attack you, you aren't going to do well.  If you make sure to keep them from attacking you, then you hardly notice them.

The thing is that at mid-long range they're an absolute joke, but if you find them on the other side of the door or around a corner you just turner or maybe one camping behind you waiting for an opening they can kill you in a few seconds. My 750sh 500hp Frost could be taken down to about 200-300 health in under 2 seconds at close range by only one or two of them. Admittedly this is my experience throughout the level 40-55 bracket, but still.

Basically, yeah, they're easy to dodge and can't hit for beans but with their RoF they can gib players before they realize they're under attack. Most of the players I've had to revive were taken out almost instantaneously by these guys sitting just out of sight and jumping them. Damage is fine, RoF is a little iffy.

As a sidenote, are they meant to have a random chance to pierce shields or is that a bug. I've seen it happen but it doesn't happen consistently.

I'm in love with this enemy myself. It's one of the few enemies that are a legitimate threat without relying on knockdown or other cheep fake difficulty. They have ample window to dodge the attacks, but heaven help you if you've got more than two or three on your &#!...

I applaud DE's thinking with this enemy myself. They're not so horrible as to be unbeatable, but it's not going to leave the same sour taste in your mouth to die to a few of them as, say, getting dropped and dragged by three Scorpions would.

That and I want that weapon... But I think everyone does at this point XD

Edited by ToeSama

I'll just throw in my 2 bits and say their damage is uncomfortably high, sadly I'm not gettin any younger and my reflexes are not going to improve by this point so dodging is kinda a crapshoot at best for me heh. Personally I'd like their projectiles to be slowed some if they continue to do such high damage. I already somewhat avoid Grineer missions because of how dim/dark their maps usually are, now with these mobs with projectiles your all but required to dodge at higher levels is just going to make me need to avoid 'neer missions even more.