The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Invincible Captain Vor [Fixed]

Wolferion

8 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Well, the information you are yet to provide: was this a part of Vor's Prize? That is vital here.

Based on this thread below, you are probably experiencing the same issue.

Yea, Im having the same issue on Vorz' Prize, I forgot to add the mission title in my original quote sorry.

Hi,

I can confirm the same, drowe me nuts as a new player, I followed the quests offered by the game till that point. Tried solo, tried in 4 man group. It's always the same, Captain Vor creates a shield around him and after that he is unkillable and the shield is not visible. You can roam the map, the only red marker is the Captain and nothing happens. If you kill all the enemies around, nothing happens. Captain Vor just orders the other enemies to kill us, that's all, his health bar is white, no damage can be made.

Here is the screenshot of the quests, the Navigation shows this quest by default : Navigation screenshot

(Minor spoilers ahead for beginners) There is a huge bug that myself and many other beginner players seem to be experiencing that is halting our progress. At the very end of the Vor's Prize mission quest line, The Confront Captain Vor quest is bugged. The fight starts no problem but once Vor goes into his second phase (the bubble) he stands still and doesn't attack, as well as being completely invulnerable. I've tried doing the fight solo, and Vor starts with a 3rd of his health, so once I break his shield and he goes into the second phase, the game doesn't know what to do because he is already past the next phase marker. If I team up with some other players, Vor's health is completely grayed out and I can't damage him. Once the other players get him low enough for the next phase, he goes into the bubble and then bugs out again. We've killed every enemy in the entire map, and continue to kill them as they spawn but Vor stays standing without being able to take damage. He points his pistol in our direction, following the players with it but never fires or moves.(Not to mention he continuously taunts everyone the entire time)  It completely halts progress for every new player because we cannot continue forward with any quests. I've read that some other players were having this issue all the way back in 2014 as well, and it seemed to be fixed sometime over the years, but has returned. I would love to keep playing but I can't do anything except the same 4 missions over and over again on Earth. I believe it is caused by dealing too much damage to him too fast, thus skipping a phase and bugging him out. There does not seem to be a work around this bug so a hotfix for it must be an urgent one. Thank you.

-Sparrow

During the fight involving Lt. Lech Kril and Cpt. Vor on Ceres, every time Vor is near death and does his Sphere Shield ability, he remains invulnerable. He has no shield over him. Just stood there not moving with no health. While he remains able to taunt me and look around in a circle while pointing. Which means I can no longer get further into the game since I need to defeat them to move on.