Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Formorian Event - The Little Guys

EirikAura

To be honest, I find that there are a lot of players that are willing to carry.

Granted, you still feel bad since you're not able to do much for the team but if you're trying there generally are people willing to carry.

At this point in time, I have a lot of new friends that need to get progress on this event and there are only the really high level ships left so I am hoping that there is some sort of re-emergence of lower level ships. But, with that all said and done it's not impossible to get through the event but it is unfortunate that there are no lower level ships at this point in time. Hopefully there's some re-emergence of lower level ships.

This is a serious question for the devs. It is important to meld old with new.

This event adds lore, and focuses on teamwork while trying out new game m?echanics

at the same time.

Dont just brush off the newcomers. Since I started to play the number of

comments and advice for new players to l2p, and get better mods and guns,

far outweigh any sympathy or understanding.

Is it really fair to demand every player learn and master the game in a few weeks?

Then arent we treating Warframe more as hardcore, and

Not really casual gaming at all?

I am not sure that road is right for the game.

Besides, I think events for all players must be doable for all.

Otherwise, say it in bold letters, ONLY EXPERIENCED PLAYERS.

Dont forget, events are a big deal, pr wize.

And without the right weapons and mods, pluto and ceres

Is just plain impossible.

Bottom line, cater to both sides and win.

The problem is obvious.

Higher players could farm the low events for equal rewards.

Lower players can't farm the higher events.

Imbalance right there.

Best bet would have been to stagger the ships in terms of difficulty so that players had a shot at a low level ship every day of the event.  Mind you, the first two days they had plenty of chances at that and Sedna really isn't that unreasonable unless you are brand new to the game.

The problem is obvious.

Imbalance right there.

ahh, last time I check, the level means progession. Which means, higher level should have an advantage. If you are lower level, look forward to the next one. 

It seems to be all about the mods. "oh I can get a frame to lv 30 in a couple hours" with what mods?

My main weapon is a breton atm and it currently has 21 UNUSED MOD POINTS because I don't HAVE any mods to use. My melee has 17 unused points as well because I just don't HAVE any mods or enough fusion cores or unwanted cards to fuse onto the few common and a couple of uncommon cards I DO have. 

Plus when I do the higher rank events you only get XP when you kill something, yet I need higher ranks to make sure I can actually complete the mission without dying 4 times in 15 seconds. Well damn that means not much XP and a helluva lot of frustration. 

And yes I'm not a 'hardcore gamer' and only play a couple hours a day. Does that mean I should be constantly patronised by elitist bastards? Screw that. That said there have been some 'hardcore gamers' who understand and have been wonderful I was only referencing to the snobs. Thanks to you guys.

Boltor is only 2. run a couple kappa for mods, brute force level those mods with other crap mods. 

Oh, run Kappa you say? Easy you say? How, when I'm only up to Earth? It's all very well saying 'go to this place, get lots' when you've cleared the maps but some of us are 2 or 3 planets away with lvl 20ish gear. I have maybe 1 or 2 of the mods people keep banging on about and am struggling to upgrade them.

I'm honestly shocked at how hard people are making it out to be to level. If your frame is sub 20, run Kappa and hit 30 within 5 runs and gain a bunch of mods in the process. This shouldn't take more then a couple of hours even with PuGs.

See above. Also my wife was taken to Xini which is higher than Kappa, for 3 runs and she's nowhere near 30. Why? Because XP is based on kills and she couldn't down anything without 3 or 4 clips and a helping hand from other players!

More then once i ended up with low level warframes who kept on dieing and had less kills combined then my ... total melee kills  .... not that they weren't trying, but there's a point where unless you're well equipped you'll feel useless to the team, that's no fun to anyone ; )

This, right here. Thank you FunkDoctaSpock, you have been a voice of reason in a mostly unfriendly room. When you are doing maybe 5 or 10 kills and others are getting 100-200 kills, as my wife was on the Xini runs they took her on, it is demoralising. As well as not actually providing much xp.

I used nothing but equipment under level 15. This event was a great way of giving incentive for me to play with full parties and have them help me level up my low equips.

It really just comes down to how you do the mission and who you're doing it with. If you have 3 corruptors, you only have to defend for around 55 seconds. It really only took at least a frost in the group in order to do these runs quick and efficiently.

Now for a PUG or people with bad connection I can see how this is rough and perhaps they can make a way to cater to them as well. But if you do have a good connection and can connect with people, using the "Recruiting" chat was amazingly useful. I was able to do at least 10-12 runs with people I found off of there with 10 points each run.

Anyways, like I said, I hope there's some way that it can cater to all players. Veteran and fresh.

(This event was far better than last one though so you know they're improving :D)

Now for a PUG or people with bad connection I can see how this is rough and perhaps they can make a way to cater to them as well. But if you do have a good connection and can connect with people, using the "Recruiting" chat was amazingly useful. I was able to do at least 10-12 runs with people I found off of there with 10 points each run.

See my wifes thread - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/87650-need-to-fix-invitesquads/ - and then you might see where we were having issues with PUGs. 30 minutes trying to get a squad before the last ship dies and nothing doing, they couldn't join her, she couldn't join them. We do have a good connection here, generally 5-6 mbps, but she ran out of time trying to connect - the lower level ship died and I think both the available ships are dead now. I didn't even get that far.

The problem is obvious.

Imbalance right there.

Which is precisely what some "competitive" high level will do, to get that to the "leaderboard". All while screaming "moar challenge!! gaem 2 ez!!" in the forums.

Oh, run Kappa you say? Easy you say? How, when I'm only up to Earth? It's all very well saying 'go to this place, get lots' when you've cleared the maps but some of us are 2 or 3 planets away with lvl 20ish gear. I have maybe 1 or 2 of the mods people keep banging on about and am struggling to upgrade them.

Ask on recruiting. You get xp when your teammate kill stuff. Just do not be afraid to ask a higher level to help you. We are willing to help, but you need to ask first. See that mastery 7 in your defense mission, ask him if he can take you to a place you want. 

Edited by tgipier

Ask on recruiting. You get xp when your teammate kill stuff. Just do not be afraid to ask a higher level to help you. We are willing to help, but you need to ask first. See that mastery 7 in your defense mission, ask him if he can take you to a place you want. 

See previous post about PUGs and getting squads together :S

See previous post about PUGs and getting squads together :S

I know, but I personally do not have problem with it. Even it is networking problem, it is not the event's fault, it is the networking problem. I have a good connection, if there are anything you really want to unlock, ask me, and I will see what I can do. 

Personally I did missions from Jupiter and Saturn onwards because I missed the "easy waves" early as I was working on Oceanic time zones.

Yesterday, a few guys in my clan were hammering down on Ceres, Eris and Pluto so I don't think high levels at my timezone would be smashing lowbie planets in record time.... Just saying :S

so basically you're saying: "sorry if you're new to Warframe and were pumped about this event only to find out you're utterly useless as a starting frame passed Mercury and Venus. Deal with it, group up with a squad that will carry you through levels where you will have zero chances of survival if you get left behind or just wait for the next event because us leet frames have already rushed passed the easy planets.DE and vet frames didn't think you new guys should be a part of an awesome community event, all that matters is that us vets have what we want because we started playing this sooner"  That's about it, right ?  I'm glad you do feel for them though ...

Seems you completely missed the point there, so let me break it down again: Events are not made for newbies. If you started playing warframe a few days before an event, I'm sorry but you might be too late to participate. Above and beyond that, there are alternate solutions for such newer players (such as being carried, which generally happens anyway in PuGs), as well as ranking up and getting your gear in order.

The reason why I bring this up in reference to past events is that the same was true for the Informers. It required running I believe T2 or T3 Grineer maps if memory serves, meaning many new players had a lot of catching up before they could get there (above and beyond the problems with the event itself more or less requiring solo runs).