Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Should I Mod "hate"?

CultOfPersonality

I haven't used many of the melee weapons.. mainly due to when I use my controller, it feels like the attacks are all over the place and extremely inaccurate.

With that said however, I finally got all the materials and made this bad boy last night and I love it. How should I mod it up?

Also any advice on how to attack targets more accurately with melee? I feel like I'm swinging at air 90% of the time when I use a sword.

It depends on your playstyle really. If you have no problems with chargers staggering you, then yes, emphasizing charge mods is a lot better.

If you like to spam the attack button, then go for fury and melee damage, they just buffed the ordinary attack damage mod.

When I equipped hate, the first thing I thought of was fury.  To the point that it was the first mod I put on it and leveled.  I had it before pressure point and pretty much didn't let it drop below rank 2 while putting on new mods and it was always the mod that I raised back up when I reduced it's rank to equip something else.

It cuts through everything like most melee weapons, but it moves well as long as it has Fury on.  For the other mods, just about anything works, but of course you need pressure point and an element.  After that, just do what you feel best about.

Edited by JHarlequin

I haven't used many of the melee weapons.. mainly due to when I use my controller, it feels like the attacks are all over the place and extremely inaccurate.

With that said however, I finally got all the materials and made this bad boy last night and I love it. How should I mod it up?

Also any advice on how to attack targets more accurately with melee? I feel like I'm swinging at air 90% of the time when I use a sword.

Hate has one of the strongest ground pounds in game and can knockdown everything in a massive radius.

I just use one setup for my hate that works against all factions but I also used two forma. If it doesn't die in a single charge attack I simple use ground pound to give me time to finish the target. I use pressure point because it makes all the normal strikes stronger and I use it often enough that it is worth it to me to have that mod.  Pressure point can be swapped out for fire or frost damage if you only use charge attacks. I used a catalyst(2 forma) one bar and one check polarity to get this setup.

Killer blow, rank 5

Rending strike, rank 3

Reflex coil, rank 5

Focus Energy, rank 3

Fury, rank 5

Sundering strike, rank 5

Reach, rank 3

Pressure point, rank 5

If you just want 30 slots these 3 should be the base for a solid weapon.

Killer blow rank 5

Reflex coil rank 5

Sundering strike 5

Edited by LazyKnight

Since Hate doesn't ignore armor, IMO it's best to build it for charge strikes (charge strikes ignore armor for almost every weapon). Plus, two of the new mods released with Nightmare mode are melee charge strike mods -- Focus Energy and Rending Strike. The in-game text on these mods is incorrect; Focus Energy maxes out at 40% faster charge speed and +60% shock damage, and Rending Strike maxes out 60% charge strike damage and =60% armor piercing damage. With Killing Blow, Reflex Coil, Rending Strike, and Focus energy, that's a total of 210% charge damage, +100% charge speed, 60% shock damage and 60% armor pierce (your charge strikes ignore armor, but this will create a separate instance of armor piercing damage, so it's still quite useful).

Slap on a maxed out Fury for speed and Reach for range and have fun harvesting your enemies' souls.