Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka Reskin?

B0AR

• 1 month later...

Instead of creating a new thread i wil necro this one, in honor of nekros...

the Lanka needs a reskin bad. it has the same appearance as the snipetron for the LONGEST time and IMO it dosnt fit the corpus design

nor does it fit its design as a railgun either.. :/

It desprately needs the projectile changed to the Railgun MOA shot instead if the "charged laser bolt" it has now.

which will take care of the issue of projectile flight time.

aswell it needs an appearance that fits the corpus, and look like a badass railgun that seems worthy of mastery 7 clan tech.

In short the lankas been shelved with a placeholder skin for too long... it need some help... bad :(

DE could just at a long glowing barrel and it would look way better

It would, but i think the model needs a complete overhaul to more of a corpus look and less rounded appearance to match the dera and supra.

IMO, a long glowing railgun barrel would just be the beginning...

(Energy arcing across and between the rails kind of thing)

It needs a worthy base to support it awesomeness. :)

Edited by xXZEROCSXx

I think we'd all be happy if they just made it a railgun...with a scope...and wee bits of lightning arcing around the end ... and a small explosion on impact, like the seer.

Let's just face it, we're not asking for a sniper, we're asking for a Bass Cannon :D

It needs to keep the serrated blade damage aswell! Cuz whats a railgun that cant split a grineer in two.... or in pieces? lol :P

It's funny how people think a railgun has to be exposed like that. The Lanka could very well be a railgun. It's the future, and they're the Corpus. Things don't need to be sticking out like that unless they want them to be..

On-topic: I agree that it needs a different skin from the Snipetron, but the reasons of "It doesn't look Corpus enough" and "It doesn't look like a railgun" aren't why it should happen. But that's my opinion, as this is yours, and we're both entitled to them.

It's funny how people think a railgun has to be exposed like that. The Lanka could very well be a railgun. It's the future, and they're the Corpus. Things don't need to be sticking out like that unless they want them to be..

On-topic: I agree that it needs a different skin from the Snipetron, but the reasons of "It doesn't look Corpus enough" and "It doesn't look like a railgun" aren't why it should happen. But that's my opinion, as this is yours, and we're both entitled to them.

I agree with your points, it dosn't have to be an extravigant railgun with all the lightning, and the seperated rails. i understand that a railguns chaimber dosnt have to be open like that. realistically it needs to be closed tight to keep the round stabilized and close against the rails to prevent lost energy and for maximum acceleration and it is unnessisary to have it open.. but i honestly would like it to look appealing so i chose to list the most common traits a railgun in a videogame has. hell it could have some plain squared off barrel but that wouldnt be fun.

i like the rails, and the electricity, to me it kinda would stand out apart from the other weapons available and people will know you have the lanka.

it needs to look unique instead of an ordinary 'run of the mill' sniper rifle. but as long as it looks good it dosnt matter to me, im not gonna lose sleep over it. im just throwing out ideas that most of the time work when designing railguns because they stand out and look good (at least to me).

i just dont want it to look as horrible as the HIND or vulkar. :/

Or samey like the grakata and the ignis...

...or slightly altered like the strun and the boar.

i like the rails, and the electricity, to me it kinda would stand out apart from the other weapons available and people will know you have the lanka.

it needs to look unique instead of an ordinary 'run of the mill' sniper rifle. but as long as it looks good it dosnt matter to me, im not gonna lose sleep over it. im just throwing out ideas that most of the time work when designing railguns because they stand out and look good (at least to me).

An open-rail cannon would be cool.. But they just have to be careful that it doesn't look like an elongated Dera.. Because that would be boring.

An open-rail cannon would be cool.. But they just have to be careful that it doesn't look like an elongated Dera.. Because that would be boring.

It most definately would, but there has been pictures running around with acceptable designs that do not look like anything close to the dera, so it is not what people are shooting for on this reskin thankfully.

IMO if they would go for the closed barrel design; i would use concept of the MGS4 railgun. -

http://images.wikia.com/metalgear/images/7/75/Railgun.jpg

If they go open barreled, to stay a little closer to realism the rails would be closer but you cold still see them and see the energy arcing between them in the weapons energy color -

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/304/e/4/Railgun_V2_Highres_by_The_5.jpg

^this has been posted before, i like it but the rails need to show a little more of the 'meat and bones' than it all being covered up, (but if not thats fine with me)