Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dealing with the Lack of Mod Slots

Dracario

Hello Tenno! With POE released, set mods out in the market as well as rivens... shouldn't we have more mod slots to fit all these in?
Well I have a solution for that after spending a half an hour on photoshop.

May I introduce to you: Weapon part modding!

damage_mods_by_xdracariox-dbswh19.jpg

Damage and Elemental Slots

handling_mods_by_xdracariox-dbswh15.jpg

Handling Mods

magazine_mods_by_xdracariox-dbswh13.jpg

Magazine Mods

There are also barrel mods and Riven Mod/Syndicate Mod Exclusive slots. This allows the use of those 'bandaid' mods as well as the new set mods to their maximum efficiency as well as giving enough mod slots to fit all that you need to get maximum amount of damage for any weapon. I think 4 slots per part (8 for damage and elemental) seemed fairly reasonable (possibly 5 for secondaries).

Magazine Mods will contain all the magazine related mods: Ammo Maximum, Magazine Size, Ammo Mutations
Chamber Mods (Damage and Elemental) contain damage related mods: Damage, Elemental, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Status Chance.

Handling Mods will contain all handling related mods: Fire Rate, Recoil, Accuracy, Reload, Weapon Swap

Barrel Mods will contain Fire Rate/Flight Speed/Miscellaneous mods: Fire Rate, Flight Speed, IPS mods, Bane Mods, Status Duration, Firestorm, Suppression

This will keep the same 60 mod points available formula and is shared amongst parts to incentivize more forma-ing to get the most out of it. Hopefully this gives more utility and use out of all available mods without sacrificing crucial mods!

Edited by Dracario

25 minutes ago, Dracario said:

Hello Tenno! With POE released, set mods out in the market as well as rivens... shouldn't we have more mod slots to fit all these in?
Well I have a solution for that after spending a half an hour on photoshop.

First: your images do not link. I also cannot copy the address of them. Can you fix this?

We do not need more mod slots because 'power creep'. The limited number means you have to make choices about what you use. I do not think the idea is to put all the mods on, you have to pick what you want.

25 minutes ago, Dracario said:

Also I can't remember which post this belongs to :c im sorry

If you mean the sub forum, you are in the correct place (or close enough).

Edited by krc473

7 minutes ago, krc473 said:

We do not need more mod slots because 'power creep'. The limited number means you have to make choices about what you use. I do not think the idea is to put all the mods on, you have to pick what you want.

It's not really power creep, the design i had in mind is to factor the 'power creep'. 4 slots per part and each part designated a certain stat limits which kind of mod you can put in the given area. There dual stat mods that fall into two categories so you can decide which goes where to which stat is more important.

1 minute ago, Dracario said:

It's not really power creep, the design i had in mind is to factor the 'power creep'. 4 slots per part and each part designated a certain stat limits which kind of mod you can put in the given area. There dual stat mods that fall into two categories so you can decide which goes where to which stat is more important.

Images are working now. They look good.

So, you propose increasing the number of mods that a weapon can hold from 8 to 16 (doubling it). I cannot help but feel that the only thing this would achieve is making the weapons more powerful (i.e. power creep).

My Opinion on this system.

Personally, I think this would be a complete waste of time. I cannot see why DE would want to implement this system. It would require a complete rework of the entire mod system. You cannot have 30/60 Capactiy on a weapon, and have 16 slots. You could not fill them all: assuming the average mod takes 11 capacity, without polarities you need 176 capacity. With all the correct polarities, you need 96 capacity. Both are over the current max. As in, it is literally impossible to fill the slots (you need to have mods that take 3 capacity to fill the weapons).

Because this system is completely impossible to fully mod, it should not be implemented. This would not be beneficial for DE to add to the game. It will not work without further refinement. 

Keep in mind, this is my opinion, other people may have different thoughts on the matter.