The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

High GPU Load in Liset

Salenstormwing

Okay, I don't know why, but the only time my graphics card spikes in GPU load is when I'm inside my Liset. I had a GTX 970 and recently swapped in a GTX 1070 (for troubleshooting issues), but even with the higher level card, my GPU load will spike at 96% GPU Load while in the ship, just wandering around.

While on the Plains, I hit maybe 45%. The marketplace of Cetus is around 40%. But inside the Liset, the GPU goes through the roof. I've even removed a ton of statues I've had placed around, but even then, the GPU is still straining very hard for no apparent reason.

Has the Liset been optimized, because everything else in the game seems fine EXCEPT for the Liset.

For information, I'm running an i5 quad core Win10 64x with 16 megs of ram, a 1070 Nvidia with 8 gigs of ram, and using Open Hardware Monitor to watch my system's performance.

21 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

Okay, I don't know why, but the only time my graphics card spikes in GPU load is when I'm inside my Liset. I had a GTX 970 and recently swapped in a GTX 1070 (for troubleshooting issues), but even with the higher level card, my GPU load will spike at 96% GPU Load while in the ship, just wandering around.

While on the Plains, I hit maybe 45%. The marketplace of Cetus is around 40%. But inside the Liset, the GPU goes through the roof. I've even removed a ton of statues I've had placed around, but even then, the GPU is still straining very hard for no apparent reason.

Has the Liset been optimized, because everything else in the game seems fine EXCEPT for the Liset.

For information, I'm running an i5 quad core Win10 64x with 16 megs of ram, a 1070 Nvidia with 8 gigs of ram, and using Open Hardware Monitor to watch my system's performance.

Did you disable V-sync?

Without anything particularly complex to render (which the liset is) the GPU can chuck frames out as fast as the core can process them.

3 hours ago, MillbrookWest said:

Did you disable V-sync?

Without anything particularly complex to render (which the liset is) the GPU can chuck frames out as fast as the core can process them.

I'm not sure honestly. I've been changing my performance and window settings lately in order to find out why Warframe crashes. Currently I have it running in a Windowed mode (not No-Borders) so it may be flipped off.

Still, it's odd that the load would be lower in Cetus or the Plains than in the small Liset Orbiter area. I'll doublecheck to see if I have the FPS uncapped too, but I find it weird that it's only in one area and not in the rest of the game.

12 hours ago, MillbrookWest said:

Did you disable V-sync?

Turned VSync on. Geezus. The core hasn't gone over 20% while in the Liset. Just weirded out that it would run away like that without a limit like that.

Thanks for the Answer. Got high GPU load, turn off VSync.

Edited by Salenstormwing