Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Three Ways or Examples of how to improve Ember Deluxe Skin.

Hunter388

I posted this on Reddit, but I will post this here too:

I guess you are expecting the typical whinny post about Ember Deluxe, but i'm here to go beyond that, and to give some love to the skin, but, in a different and more" photoshopical" way.

I was a Defender of the Old Ember Deluxe Model. But my inner FashionFramer can't avoid to witness the potential of this New Deluxe that you gave us, DE. Nevertheless, there are a few things that can be improved or changed, ones more than others, but certainly all of them respectable IMO.

Improvement Number One: Color Palette

Let's begin with the basics, what do we have? We have this

Ember Default / Ember Phoenix / Ember Backdraft / Ember Prime / Ember Deluxe

But what happens if you, for example, use Ember Default Color Palete on Ember Deluxe Skin? We get this. It does look nice, doesn't it? Well... there is a little issue here.

You'll see, the color palette called TENNO features the colors from some Warframes, including Ember, Here you can sneak a peak. Those are the colors I used.

What is the problem then? The problem is that for those colors to work with Ember Deluxe Skin, you must swap "TINT COLOR 3" and "TINT COLOR 4". How?

Like this

This inconsistency is more important than you think, let me explain:

Every warframe has a TINT COLOR, no matter if 3 or 4, that is used for MELEE CHANNELING effect, this TINT is shared between Default model, Prime model and Deluxe Model.

A White/White/White/Orange/Green Ember will be our test subject. Please, Take a look at every color palete of every model...

Ember and Ember Prime use TINT COLOR 4 as their MELEE CHANNEL color, but Ember Deluxe uses TINT COLOR 3, NOW is when the problems come...

Here you can see the channeling.

Since is not the same color for all the Models, the TINT COLORS 3 and 4 are broken. But, everything except death, can be fix in this world we live in. A word... on fire... buffed by her 2 of course...

Solution

This one is very easy, as easy as to make the Deluxe Skins to use TINT COLOR 4 as the color that paints the Melee Channeling parts instead of TINT COLOR 3, and thus, we would have something...

Like this

This is Ember's Deluxe Improvement done with Photoshop. But wait... there is more!

Improvement Number Two: Fire Effect + Suggestion

Number Two and Number Three are going to be very specific and more harder to make, but please cope with me as I show them to you all.

We all know Ember is a Phoenix, and the Deluxe Skin tries to translate this, and it certainly does in a very customizable and friendly for our eyes way. But, what is better than a Phoenix?

A Phoenix... OF FIRE!!!

This is 100% photoshop. I hope it pleases your eyes and your imagination.

And last but not least.

"Improvement" Number Three: Helmet + "Alternative".

Yes, with "quotes". Why?

This is more what everyone was expecting, but, I'm not goning to call this a Solution, since Fashion Frame is a powerful toy of entertainment, I'm going to offer an "Alternative" to the Helmet that came with Ember Deluxe, it's a simple swap, but a swap that at least deserves to be seen.

Here is my Photoshoped model of Ember Deluxe Helmet

It's a completly diferent aproach and I just did this to show a diferent path, I'm not saying that mine is better than yours, DE, I'm just going to state that this is a "diferent approach".

---------------------------------------

While I do not expect you, DE, to modify Number Two and Three due to it's dificulty, I do really hope this helps with Number One.

Modifing Number One will make me, and certainly many Ember Deluxe Users, even more happier, plus will certainly boosts it's sales.

Thank you for reading this.

For the love of god, people! There's nothing wrong with the skin! It looks awesome, the colors are great, the physics are very lovely.
Honestly have no idea why you're all so butthurt. I can't wait to buy Ember Deluxe Collection to prance around in everyone's face. And that mohawk is awesome, best she's ever had and I really want it, it looks badass.
In week or few you'll all be quiet little chicks while Ember still burns... you butthurts.

Christ.. you get an optional deluxe skin and diapers round the world get riled up.

14 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

For the love of god, people! There's nothing wrong with the skin! It looks awesome, the colors are great, the physics are very lovely.
Honestly have no idea why you're all so butthurt. I can't wait to buy Ember Deluxe Collection to prance around in everyone's face. And that mohawk is awesome, best she's ever had and I really want it, it looks badass.
In week or few you'll all be quiet little chicks while Ember still burns... you butthurts.

Christ.. you get an optional deluxe skin and diapers round the world get riled up.

and people are all pissed off because this isnt what most players WANTED for a Deluxe skin. They wanted the Original one, but we obviously cant have due to issues that came up between DE and the Artist. (something about DE's love of Mohawks for Ember)

At least the body is good, the helm i can do without.

@OP, thanks for the ideas on the colors

17 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

They're just voicing their opinions... no need to get all riled up like someone pi**ed on a Bible or something...

Fact that OP is even willing to give his/her take on making the deluxe skin more palatable on their terms already illustrate how much they are willing to compromise with what they got. You blurting out like that on the other hand is pretty "butthurt" in retrospect..... You like the skin? more power to you, doesn't mean people have to abide to your liking and agree with you 100%.....

And it's hard to see your response as sarcasm too. (=  =|||) 

1 hour ago, Tsardova said:

They're just voicing their opinions... no need to get all riled up like someone pi**ed on a Bible or something...

Fact that OP is even willing to give his/her take on making the deluxe skin more palatable on their terms already illustrate how much they are willing to compromise with what they got. You blurting out like that on the other hand is pretty "butthurt" in retrospect..... You like the skin? more power to you, doesn't mean people have to abide to your liking and agree with you 100%.....

And it's hard to see your response as sarcasm too. (=  =|||) 

People whinning and complaining and suggesting about the skin has been so overboard by now that Rebecca and Megan actually told people to chill on Prime Time... so you know... I think it's a pretty good cause to get riled up. There's literaly nothing wrong with the new deluxe skin. In fact, the Nekros skin looks like a poor hungry Nekros and you don't hear people complaining about it, and even that is a good looking skin!

2 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

How is this not against guidelines? Does whiteknighting somehow cancels the insults? 

Just now, Acersecomic said:

Oh it's you know, expressing an opinion. I'm just being really really honest and not actually using insults, unless you're still in kindergarten...

No, it's THE opinion you are expressing, you see, many people have had their comments and thread deleted or edited for being as vocal as you yet your comment remains untouched. It's the fact that you are defending this slap-in-the-fans-face skin that doesn't trigger any mods.

OP did a massive work around to be able to use this skin and all you came to do was call people butthurts, excuse me for feeling the rules don't apply equally in this "safe space" forum.

Just now, zzzNitro said:

No, it's THE opinion you are expressing, you see, many people have had their comments and thread deleted or edited for being as vocal as you yet your comment remains untouched. It's the fact that you are defending this slap-in-the-fans-face skin that doesn't trigger any mods.

OP did a massive work around to be able to use this skin and all you came to do was call people butthurts, excuse me for feeling the rules don't apply equally in this "safe space" forum.

I see you feel left out of my comment so just to clarify. The comment was for any and all who complain about it.
Oh and I have no doubts mine will get removed eventually, but at least some will get to read it. Oh and it won't be removed for "butthurt" which is as much an insult as cake is made of salt but because it's confrontational and doesn't add much to the topic itself.

6 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

People whinning and complaining and suggesting about the skin has been so overboard by now that Rebecca and Megan actually told people to chill on Prime Time... so you know... I think it's a pretty good cause to get riled up. There's literaly nothing wrong with the new deluxe skin. In fact, the Nekros skin looks like a poor hungry Nekros and you don't hear people complaining about it, and even that is a good looking skin!

And fact remains that the community has their right to express their opinion...

Just cause Megan and Rebecca asked them to tone it down doesn't mean everyone HAS to zip their mouths outright. People have voiced their concerns and dislike of the current design, pitched a compromise that would've gotten them what they wanted in consideration to DE's creative team's personal take on Ignus' design and DE didn't listen. If DE can man up enough to ditch Ignus' design that people loved, DE can man up and take the criticism about their newer ember deluxe skin. 

They did with Nova's, they should be able to do the same now.

There may be nothing wrong with the skin FOR YOU personally but the color pallet management is clearly not to everyone's liking, let alone the design. You don't speak for everyone there mate. More power to you if you like the design wholeheartedly but people not sharing your opinion doesn't  directly equate to being butthurt.