Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions to improve gameplay experience

Movsoldier12

Hello, I like i am sure many of you have always wanted to put your two cents in through your experience as warframe players. This topic isn't to harrass or complain about scenarios in the game we have come across.  I wanted this to be an open discussion about what we like about warframe and from our experience could be done to increase the fun and keep it going. Ideas from implementing a new twist or a simple mechanic, to perhaps another warframe theme, based on what is currently inplace so far and trying to be consistant on what is yet to come. I have been playing warframe for a few years now and for me the gameplay experience is exciting when it comes to going through each warframe arsonal setup is the perfect niche for you. For me so far the one i love the most is Rhino Prime. The way he is made pretty much gives the warframe it's own personality, i myself through zodiac am a taurus, I maybe a lovable stubbern bull who likes to ram through things and periodically be a force to be reackon with, but i like the idea of Rhino having a short fuse when he's trying to have a civil conversation in the middle of battle with other warframes while getting his butt handed to him just because he gets carried away and then he gets angry is appaled by who ever was being so "rude". i like watching other people play their warframes because for me i'm not that swifty with my manuvers myself. Another thing i like is the craftmanship of the enviromental backdrop graphics and designs, who ever put time in all of that deserves that recognition. One of the suggestions though i would like to implement in there is make more destructable objects or secret areas that you can only get with certain warframes that just give them their own tip of the hat towards their capabilities if that is not already been done. As for the new open world i would like to say again well done to those who took the time to build it and design the whole layout, i really do appreciate the landscape and how alive it makes everything feel, i know with the new meteor event coming there will be a lot more add to the enemies that are trying to kill eveything. However one of the things  in my opinion as i have come to agree with other players i have talked to in general chat is we need more wildlife that makes it feel more habitable. I know with the the giant shark beached up on the shore is a huge foreshadow on what is possibly going to be done in terms of expanding on how much the devs are going to put into the plains from adding bigger and badder creatures to perhaps adding different biomes from deep sea missions to perhaps even a forest with live vegitation along with other mash of predators we have to be weary of as we hunt and craft more resources. *if there is page or topic of where this should be more apprpriately i do appologise to the moderaters who come across this, i just wanted to be able to bring things to the table a topic in a forum that everyone can speak their mind without any overreaching or stepping on anyones toes.* Other than that, keep up the good work devs you owe it to yourselves on this one and for those who want to share your ideas and comments, i wouldn't mind a little feedback and see what creative stuff you come up with. Creativity opens up to ideas and ideas are the key to any future! :D

1 minute ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

No, I wouldnt mind an exilus mod that extends the current range though.

Do you realize that this mod would only limit people's exilus choices? Because anything that has vacuum on it just makes the game feel so much better, so much more focused. It would just be another mandatory mod.

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Nice topic, but could use some formatting. Its really hard to read through when its a wall of text like this.

i'm a tenno, i don't read or write. I am given choices that are presented for me and then i go out get stuff as long as i don't die, in order to bring peace back to the galaxy for the lotus! lol

Do you think they should use the boot joke to create a fisherman themed warframe? I have always been amused by the thought of it, but if the idea of weaponizing fishing gear into a warframe style fighting mechanic, using lures in order to bring mobs into a certain spot, would that work, or would that be too broken if implemented?

22 minutes ago, Algaliarept said:

but then what would mag's passive be?  I think though that the vacuum needs to be a thing.

It's already a thing. We have 3m vacuum on warframes now. 

26 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Do you realize that this mod would only limit people's exilus choices? Because anything that has vacuum on it just makes the game feel so much better, so much more focused. It would just be another mandatory mod.

It's not mandatory in the same way sentinels aren't mandatory. You are not required to use them, but you can if you want to. You feel like you have to because it's more convenient for you. A lot of people still use Kavats and Kubrows for their survivability and they don't feel required to use the sentinels for the vacuum. 

Anyway, I would like integration of the Cetus resources to some new weapons that we can buy in the market so that these resources aren't exclusive to Cetus. Maybe replace some low MR weapon requirements with these to help new players.

9 hours ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

It's not mandatory in the same way sentinels aren't mandatory. You are not required to use them, but you can if you want to.

How is it not mandatory if it improves the whole game from being a $&*&*#(%& janitor simulator to actually being a space ninja with superpowers?

Anything that has vacuum on it will automatically be mandatory.

9 hours ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

I would like integration of the Cetus resources to some new weapons

And I would personally prefer Cetus resources gone from the face of the Solar System. Everything mining and fishing only reinforces the janitor simulator.

3 minutes ago, MayssonFairbanks said:

Is it true? As far as I know, this 3m vaccum only works when bullet-jumping. Running, jumping, or even sliding does not seem to trigger this 3m vaccuum.

Scott said it's the same as the regular vacuum. It's just so short that you probably don't even notice it. That's why it isn't really a proper UV. It's just a crutch DE made for themselves.

1 minute ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Scott said it's the same as the regular vacuum. It's just so short that you probably don't even notice it. That's why it isn't really a proper UV. It's just a crutch DE made for themselves.

Thanks for the clarification. In this case it must be really short indeed, certainly less than a 3 meter radius, more like 1 meter.

4 minutes ago, MayssonFairbanks said:

Thanks for the clarification. In this case it must be really short indeed, certainly less than a 3 meter radius, more like 1 meter.

3 meter radius starts in your warframe's centre of mass. Basically somewhere in the belly, so it's just a sphere 3 meter radius from there, meaning that the footprint on the ground is even smaller than that. And if you jump higher than 1.5 meter up it's completely gone.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

37 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

3 meter radius starts in your warframe's centre of mass. Basically somewhere in the belly, so it's just a sphere 3 meter radius from there, meaning that the footprint on the ground is even smaller than that. And if you jump higher than 1.5 meter up it's completely gone.

Oh, I see, It all makes sense now, thanks

And this why i was insipired to create this group! :D When people commune and put ideas together, we get along well and help people by simple dialogue rather than having to read complicated dialogue, which honestly creates a much better atmosphere when gathering insight on warframe reguardless how far in the game you are. It is more constructive in a positive manner! Sincerely, thank you to everyone investing a few momments of your time to indulge in these conversations ! I can not wait to see how much insight we can bring to the table! :D

On a side note, yesterday a buddy of mine were using the simulator room, we were testing the rag doll potetential for the opticor. Upon doing this he decided to be cheeky and turn friendly fire on without my priar knowledge lol. Meanwhile  a few weeks ago i had just become more familiar with how the latch mechanic worked but never had the chance to actually implemnet it in combat up to this point. So, I figured what is the better way to stress test the mechanic than in real-time? At first it was great, jumping from collumn to collumn i started noticing right away the inconsistancy of how the latching mechanic operates. When i decide i need to glide to a long distance collumn i can not for the likes of me be able to do it since when at times when i bullet jump off of a collumn it registers as my second jump which prevents me to follow through to the next which i know should be able to make. Also, when it comes to latching to surfaces head on, there should be no reason why my warframe can not align itself properly without any other assitance. I am aware the devs made it difficult to "master" because they were concerned people would abuse it. However, a mechanics attractiveness differs from one players prefference to another based on their style of fighting. So, say like if they were to use it in conclave then other players choosing to use other warframes would just have to figure out how to over come that and vise versa, just like any other scenario they would come across in a mission. So, I do not know if other players have experienced this or not. It is just something i have become aware of as a gamer and just wanted to see if there was any purpose behind it, or if it is something that needed to be brought to the table of discussion.

9 hours ago, Movsoldier12 said:

On a side note, yesterday a buddy of mine were using the simulator room, we were testing the rag doll potetential for the opticor. Upon doing this he decided to be cheeky and turn friendly fire on without my priar knowledge lol.

Edited by Algaliarept

On 11/7/2017 at 9:49 AM, AperoBeltaTwo said:

@--Q--Voltage just linked in another thread. Here's a gif with range:

Reveal hidden contents

0ba1b30f8e272f978ae214facd714fd6.gif

Based through my experience and relevents to what i see here, i can see how getting a range increase wouldn't hurt too much, however i'm not sure the range would be increased a lot due to the fact you move around a lot anyways, this way i guess for devs it prevents players  from prim grabbing through walls and such which sometimes can't be helped. I am guilty of that myself ^^ lol.

Edited by Movsoldier12