Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Research Privilege

SebeOnPc

Hello to anyone reading this. Our Clan Spectral Ravens have been having a major problem with our research. We have been dealing with a lot of research raiders lately. Now because this is hard work going into our research such as the Hema or Ignis Wraith we decided to create a barrier so that our clan members have to be recommended in order to access all of our research. But its really annoying have to move the teleportal all time, and now sometimes the barrier moves by someone moving the barrier and its hard to put back. What im recommending to help a lot of people out is create privileges so that they can access the research while others cant take the research without the privilege. Of course the Admin of the clan can give the same privilege to their high ranking members to make his/her life easier. I really hope to consider this an option and help a lot of people. Speaking for Spectral Ravens Officers.

39 minutes ago, SebeOnPc said:

~~snip~~

There is no way to prevent this that I know of. People just join for research (since stuff like Ignis Wraith and Hema happened). 

I guess my question: is this such a big deal that you really have to go through all this extra effort?

20 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

You could just have a separate role that has no access to the dojo that new clan members join as then promote them to the next rank and give dojo access (which gives research access) once your sure they aren't there to grab research and run.

Can I ask, how would one go about doing this?

I was under the impression that this feature was removed once Dojos became relay instances, rather than a player hosted instance. As Clan Warlord, I cannot see a way to prevent access (aside from kicking).

See update 20:

As a result of these changes, “Host” will be removed from the Clan Roles list since any and all Clan members will now be able to access the Dojo at all times.

Edited by krc473
Added spoiler with patch note.

25 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Can I ask, how would one go about doing this?

I was under the impression that this feature was removed once Dojos became relay instances, rather than a player hosted instance. As Clan Warlord, I cannot see a way to prevent access (aside from kicking).

Reveal hidden contents

See update 20:

As a result of these changes, “Host” will be removed from the Clan Roles list since any and all Clan members will now be able to access the Dojo at all times.

I had totally forgotten about that, my bad.

Haven't changed anything with clan permissions for ages.

Maybe they could change the "Tech" role to not just be able to queue research, but be needed to access the research console in general as well.

Sadly clans only work as a nursery of baby tenno where they can find more weapons and be kept interested in the game long enough to use their credit card. The systems its been working well for DE so far so they won't change it anytime soon. However, we have seen a really small display of the will to move forward with the ability to see everyone contributions, sadly this is a little inefficient they way it is right now. I recommend you to use the appeal of your clan and all those clan raiders (in my clan we call the clan leechers, zombies or walkers) to move forward and start recruiting massively in my experience (years being warlord) it is better to have a big incoming stream of players so you can filter the good ones from the bad ones. Good clannies will always support the clan and they will work as a team, with just a bit of organization. Bad clannies will eventually understand that leeching won't get them anywhere and just leave.

if all I would like to use this opportunity to propose to have a system in the game to rate every clanmate so further clans will know what they are recruiting. I see this as a way to discourage players from being careless of a clan community then take it more seriously, since, with this, they will have a reputation. Also, thinking about clans can have the same system than the syndicates. Member?

Syndicates block rewards unless the player does a contribution and they have to earn affinity by doing missions for that syndicate. That has to be too perfect to be true. Now the question is why is that not implemented? 

Edited by -VV-mago_de_muerte

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2017 at 2:58 PM, SebeOnPc said:

Hello to anyone reading this. Our Clan Spectral Ravens have been having a major problem with our research. We have been dealing with a lot of research raiders lately. Now because this is hard work going into our research such as the Hema or Ignis Wraith we decided to create a barrier so that our clan members have to be recommended in order to access all of our research. But its really annoying have to move the teleportal all time, and now sometimes the barrier moves by someone moving the barrier and its hard to put back. What im recommending to help a lot of people out is create privileges so that they can access the research while others cant take the research without the privilege. Of course the Admin of the clan can give the same privilege to their high ranking members to make his/her life easier. I really hope to consider this an option and help a lot of people. Speaking for Spectral Ravens Officers.

My clan has a policy from day 1 that research can be not only accessed by anybody but also anybody can start projects from day 1. And i have also proposed in terms of clan management that this policy be a mechanic in the game by default. Some poeple come for the research and leave, most dont. Your problem as far a i can tell is that you most likely lack the sort of cult of personality that anybody would want to follow. I have alot of loyalty from my clan. I would guess that you dont. Even being gone a year starting up my company and being too busy to play i still had nobody leave aside from those who moved on to another game. My second in command has my acct login info and the rule is if i have any of a resource that the research required drain it from me first, when i get on ill grind till its paid off. or when i was gone buy plat if needs be and help get it done that way. also to keep the contests alive. Its not always the most fun. I dont often see alot of the newest stuff, but thats what management is, working the hardest, contributing the most. This rule applies both in game and out. Throttling access to research? preposterous. I'm pretty sure you have never in your life managed a single thing concerning humans based on your attitude because anybody who manages anything will tell you never micromanage. Do you think your clan would leave you if they had access to all of the research? if you answer yes, then I'm afraid its because you don't have a personality worth following.

To your clan members:

Look me up. If you want to enjoy the game, get all your research be in weekly plat contests like "who can make the worst looking room" and "who thinks they have the best view from outside the dojo walls" the find me and if needs be ill expand up a rank or two. my clan is the JUST US LEAGUE. Founded in 2013. you will never be asked to contribute a thing, you can recruit, research, and make your own rooms and decorate from day 1 (though its management's job to decide you staying or not so dont be a destructive dipsh!#t) and all we ask is if somebody needs help , take the time to help them. the boss mob will be there 30 mins from now.

Edited by CHEAT0S
because your clan members deserve better