Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

26Th - 29Th July Event Ending Shorty Thread Merger

Alohoe

now i could of miscounted, but from what i looked at, we are nearly done with all the planets.  i was hoping to farm the next 12 hours or so to try to break the top 100. im at 882 and still farming.  i had my kids this weekend or i would already be there.  im not mad, just bummed that its looks as if its gonna finish early. thoughts?

Well last time there was all that whining and screaming about how it was impossible to finish and DE fudged the numbers because obviously the Japanese player base couldn't possibly put out the sort of kill numbers the North Americans could... (when people chose to acknowledge the Japanese players' existence at all, anyway, in spite of their heavy representation on the individual and clan leader boards).

So I'm guessing they went with the conservative route to put that conspiracy mongering to bed.

now i could of miscounted, but from what i looked at, we are nearly done with all the planets.  i was hoping to farm the next 12 hours or so to try to break the top 100. im at 882 and still farming.  i had my kids this weekend or i would already be there.  im not mad, just bummed that its looks as if its gonna finish early. thoughts?

I hope it's not over... I have the minimum for the 5 MODs but... I want the secret reward :3

The secret reward is that there is no secret reward.

Honestly, I'd assumed not up until they deleted the thread. Now however it seems somewhat more probable given they've deliberately removed information about it rather than clarifying the issue.

Better safe than sorry.

Even if there is none, you will know that you did more than you had to do, and helped win the Event.

Basically what I thought. Did a bit more than 500 just in case, the full thing took less than six hours. Not a big deal.

Honestly, I'd assumed not up until they deleted the thread. Now however it seems somewhat more probable given they've deliberately removed information about it rather than clarifying the issue.

Clarifying what precisely? There's too many conspiracy theories flying around the forums to even attempt denial whack-a-mole with them, and playing selective denial where the only thing they can say is "No that's not Stealth Steve" lends credence to the ones they don't get around to whacking. Removing the thread hasn't exactly stopped us from discussing the conspiracy, so it doesn't seem like much of an attempt at information control until our posts are deleted too.

Clarifying what precisely? There's too many conspiracy theories flying around the forums to even attempt denial whack-a-mole with them, and playing selective denial where the only thing they can say is "No that's not Stealth Steve" lends credence to the ones they don't get around to whacking. Removing the thread hasn't exactly stopped us from discussing the conspiracy, so it doesn't seem like much of an attempt at information control until our posts are deleted too.

A simple no would've clarified the entire situation, however by not posting anything, but still deleting the thread they've indicated at least a basic interest in the situation, without denying that it's true. As far as deleting every post, honestly I wouldn't expect them to take the time regardless.

To note I'm not necessarily saying it's true, but rather that it appears more likely now than previously.

A simple no would've clarified the entire situation, however by not posting anything, but still deleting the thread they've indicated at least a basic interest in the situation, without denying that it's true. As far as deleting every post, honestly I wouldn't expect them to take the time regardless.

To note I'm not necessarily saying it's true, but rather that it appears more likely now than previously.

As I said, I think dignifying it with a response would've opened up too much opportunity for other conspiracy theories to get up on a "WELL THEY DIDN'T DENY X" soap box in the future. They're better off letting it die like this, muttered about and never directly addressed.