The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

26Th - 29Th July Event Ending Shorty Thread Merger

Alohoe

15 minutes for corruptors, 1 minute for reactor, 1 minute countdown, 1 minute to leave. That's 90 minutes right there. More than half your own calculation. But wait, there's more. Even if you instantly clicked on the mission node, that's still 10 seconds each time for it to start, which is a little over 5 minutes for the sake of occasional non-instant click, bringing it to 95 so far. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! Think about the exfil; That's another 10 seconds of mandatory wait(Not counting the animation/exp pause), which equates to another 5 or so minutes. A whopping 40 minutes over your estimate, and we're bullS#&$ting you?

Oh, one last thing, 'with breaks' would probably up the time to closer to two hours. Still faster than the supposed four, but we're talking perfection among four insanely brilliant players, aren't we?

The point you're trying to make is that I was right, and you're agreeing with me... right?

the event was easy. I just got a coordinated group together, farmed corrupters, then rushed the ships. It took us 2 runs of io up to wave 15 to get 15 of each corrupter, which took about 20-30 minutes. Then we rushed the ships using all 3 corrupters with a volt. It probably took us 4 minutes per run with 10 points per run. So to get all 250 points it should only take 100 minutes. So in total you only needed to play for about 2 hours. If you didn't have 2 hours of free time in the past 2 days, then you either didn't try or you're working wayyy too hard, especially on a weekend.

Edited by Duelshock

It would be really great if the fact that there were two separate time limits involved was made completely clear from the beginning.

They said something like "you have until the 29th to blow up the Death Stars."

It's like if I told you have you have until five minutes from now to blink.

You could blink right now and satisfy the requirements, or wait until the last moment. (By then other people will have blinked.)

Good thing we were told exactly how many ships we had to destroy, so we could now when we were running low. OH WAIT.

If you are smart enough you could see that there is 1 ship per system. But you obviously didnt realize that.

most of the grinders decided to grind because its safe to assume lazy community wouldn't pull their weight. finishing the event 100% was more important then the slacker making bare minimum contribution.

agreed i hate when a community event pops and when everyone gets the required amount and they stop doing the event , this community is starting to become selfish little twats...

also as for the oh but my life inflicts with my gaming... thats some bull i do art & animation at my college also drawing concept art for fun that takes over 2-3 hours college takes around 6 hours a day and i have studies but its mostly artwork hardly ever written stuff , same goes with watching over my nephew and other stuff , and ive managed to pull 743 fomorian points and my clan total points are 1317 and i gained my points within a matter of total 5 hours spanned from friday to sunday

Edited by DiBBz

Literally haven't had access to the internet or a computer for a week and got back today and played as much as I could, but the matches were slow and many were failed due to insufficient team support/too few players/ more random crashes. Also, Yes, i do use sniper ammo abundantly as i play banshee with a snipetron.

Maybe he couldn't? Some people do have lives.

I for one don't, but some people do.

^this, thanks for understanding.

If you guys are all worried about your leader board standing they probably could make a ship that lasts till Monday that doesn't affect it. It would only affect whether or not you got the mods. This event was supposed to last till Monday. People are probably getting off work right about now with the hopes of participating the event.  I honestly don't understand why you all are so against it. You act like it will be so game breaking to add another ship or round off the points for those who were rather close.

Edited by rhocutt

One for each planet/dwarf planet/moon.

I guess they figured even 12 yr olds could figure that out....they thought wrong....DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN

I didn't even know that there were a limited number of ships and that we had to complete everything quickly or else we wouldn't be able to get enough points for all 5 mods. That's not clear on the original announcement at all, especially considering the fact that they kept releasing new ships a few at a time, as if more ships would come as people completed them.

The only reason I'm &!$$ed right now is because I didn't know that there was an alternate time frame other than the ending date at noon on the 29th. If I had been aware of that, I would have gotten on and done all of this stuff completely done days ago.

~~~~~

I think a good alternate plan is to STOP the tallying of points for clan and ranking competitions completely. All of that should be over and done with since all the ships are gone. Then, add in some bonus ships with some alternate name on them that people can fight against until noon tomorrow.

Good thing we were told exactly how many ships we had to destroy, so we could now when we were running low. OH WAIT.

One ship per planet. It was quite obvious after the second wave. :)

EDIT: Planet / dwarf planet/ moon

Edited by Greene413