Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember rework concept v2

(XBOX)blazephoenix118

Ok so I made some tweaks to the ember concept.  Give it a look and let me know what you think.

Passive: ember gets X amount of energy back for inflicting fire procs with her abilities.

Ability 1: fireball. When fireball hits an enemy, they catch on fire and wildly flail around. If they come into contact with other enemies, they also catch on fire and do the the thing. At base, this effect last about 7 seconds.

Ability 2: accelerant. Does not change

Ability 3:overheat. Overheat adds damage reduction and other bonuses for a set duration.

Ability 4: world on fire. World on fire is now only placed in one spot and does not follow ember. Has more base range and damage because of this. Can be charged to spawn lava on the floor for an additional amount of energy. The lava eats away at armor.

To be honest I can see this working. Actually the ult should be "World on Fire" a pool of lava that slowly melts away enemy armor. 2% per second in the pool?

The augment could add explosions to the pool => enemies in the pool are knocked down periodically.

I don't really believe that Fire Blast and Accelerant need anything. And really, Fireball just needs some mechanical changes. World on Fire needs a real change, perhaps a complete overhaul. My idea:

Ancient Inferno -

Ember burns as hot as the sun. Using her dormant Phoenix flames, she can heal over time, and also heal allies with her flames within a certain small range. Fire damage will be added to all of Ember's attacks, and enemies within a very short range will be engulfed in flames. Additionally, Ember can hold down the ability to charge up a blast the will deal massive fire and blast damage and leave behind smoke, blinding enemies.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

I don't really believe that Fire Blast and Accelerant need anything. And really, Fireball just needs some mechanical changes. World on Fire needs a real change, perhaps a complete overhaul. My idea:

Ancient Inferno -

Ember burns as hot as the sun. Using her dormant Phoenix flames, she can heal over time, and also heal allies with her flames within a certain small range. Fire damage will be added to all of Ember's attacks, and enemies within a very short range will be engulfed in flames. Additionally, Ember can hold down the ability to charge up a blast the will deal massive fire and blast damage and leave behind smoke, blinding enemies.

The purpose of this concept is to make it where everyone can be happy with it, because I would actually like to see it implemented in game. While I think your ult idea is cool and all, it's too great of a change that people would not like it. Her 3 has to change because I for one never ever use it because the best it does is knock people over and and burns then for not a lot of damage. Overheat used to be one of her old abilities and I think it should come back