Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Spores

Yeselectro

On 11/11/2017 at 3:51 PM, Helch0rn said:

people really need to stop seeing Umbra in everything

Seriously, bravo. The obsession with Umbra is something I just dont understand. Yes hes neat lookin, yes Im curious to see what lore might be attached to him, yes I want him too - but seeing him behind everything DE does now...its a little ridiculous.

30 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

I don't think you understand.

I'm just saying that Excal/Skana/Lato Prime should be swapped to Excal/Skana/Lato Umbra.

This would keep the exact same amount of exclusive content, but basically with a different skin, and give the entire playerbase the ability to have complete collections of prime gear.

That, and it means that there's no reason to waste time making more Umbra content, like DE mentioned in passing. Umbra was their way of adding a 'prime alternative' for non founders, so everyone could get an Excal with prime-equivalent stats, but there's no reason to add every frame in Umbra form too (it would just be insanely cluttered).

Giving founders Umbra instead of Prime sort of shuffles them off into their own category, which is why I was trying to make the distinction of how unremarkable Prime gear is to see. It would be more indicative of who is a founder, without giving them any more advantage over anyone else, whilst allowing everyone to have complete collections. It's an issue for founders too, I have one of every warframe, and two of every Prime (Except Saryn, who I have 5 Primes of), but I can't get a second Excal prime, and it'd be great to complete my collection.

I'd completely honestly prefer if they could just make it 100% non-exclusive. I think early exclusivity is horrible, and I've argued time and time again that every single weapon or warframe should be available in cycles at the very least (like how they're bringing back older Wraith/Vandal/Prime gear in events and stuff). DE always shoots down the idea, because apparently it's legally binding or some drivel. However, we know that the gear can be changed, since Excal got a rework, and the other Prime founder gear got PBR treatment, so it's not unreasonable to think that we could get it swapped over to Umbra. In the absence of removing the exclusivity, I want everyone to be able to have nice complete sets, because so much of this game is about farming and completing sets of things.

To use your own words; if you can't see why a majority of the playerbase would be glad to have universal access to primes, without giving any additional special treatment to founders at all, then I can't help you. 

"complete collections"

by swapping out one exclusive for another the problem of exclusivity is not adressed.

and how would Excalibur umbra make it more indicative of who is a founder? are the people you meet like "meh just another excalibur prime just like any other prime and you don't even need to be a founder to get him"? To me it's pretty damn clear I see a founder if they run around with their excalibur prime.

do you remember all the salty threads when people discovered that chinaframe had umbra? do you remember how toxic the forum was because people wanted this better looking excalibur? Do you think these threads would have been less salty if DE had said that only founders get Umbra while non founders get prime? I certainly don't

swapping excalibur prime for excalibur umbra would be a huge middle finger towards the community. It would be akin to DE saying "screw all of you non founder scrubs, founders will get this super fancy looking new excalibur while you just get the crappy prime that founders had for years but now we decided to upgrade it and you will never be as good as them"

And this is not even adressing the geniuses that would sue DE for breaking their promise. And don't deny there wouldn't be any because we both know at least one idiot would sue because "DE said it's exclusive and will never come back and it doesn't matter that we got a new exclusive because they still broke their promise of exclusivity". I have seen founders say that they talked to their lawyers and planned to sue because they were certain DE wouldn't keep Excalubur Prime exclusive.

8 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

"complete collections"

by swapping out one exclusive for another the problem of exclusivity is not adressed.

and how would Excalibur umbra make it more indicative of who is a founder? are the people you meet like "meh just another excalibur prime just like any other prime and you don't even need to be a founder to get him"? To me it's pretty damn clear I see a founder if they run around with their excalibur prime.

do you remember all the salty threads when people discovered that chinaframe had umbra? do you remember how toxic the forum was because people wanted this better looking excalibur? Do you think these threads would have been less salty if DE had said that only founders get Umbra while non founders get prime? I certainly don't

swapping excalibur prime for excalibur umbra would be a huge middle finger towards the community. It would be akin to DE saying "screw all of you non founder scrubs, founders will get this super fancy looking new excalibur while you just get the crappy prime that founders had for years but now we decided to upgrade it and you will never be as good as them"

And this is not even adressing the geniuses that would sue DE for breaking their promise. And don't deny there wouldn't be any because we both know at least one idiot would sue because "DE said it's exclusive and will never come back and it doesn't matter that we got a new exclusive because they still broke their promise of exclusivity". I have seen founders say that they talked to their lawyers and planned to sue because they were certain DE wouldn't keep Excalubur Prime exclusive.

I can't be bothered arguing this, it's going nowhere, so I'm going to keep the response brief.

Yes, complete collections. Most of the people I know are only salty because they want a prime of every frame, not because there's an exclusive thing they can't get. They just want all of the warframes in Prime version. I'm on the same boat, I just want my 2 of each prime and 1 of each normal.

People who aren't familiar with the Founder packages see an Excal prime and it's just another player with just another prime. Seeing something like Umbra, which there would be no other frames of, would be more immediately iconic and easier to remember.

I don't think it would ever happen. I'm not saying it would ever happen. The community is too toxic and whiny to ever let it happen. However, it is, in my opinion, a far more simple and preferable option to make Umbra the Founder exclusive and make Prime the non-founder farmable alternative.

If people weren't so whiny, this game would be thousands of times better already.

Don't bother quoting me, I have no further interest in this thread and I can't be bothered responding any more.

Edited by Xarteros

On 12.11.2017 at 2:28 AM, B_R_A_B_U_S-v12 said:

My friend Excalibur Prime is that frame that if you see it don't say anything it just highlights true veterancy.Umbra is umbra, all players going to have umbra excalibur. But Exc prime,scana prime and lato prime belongs to the founders.

I guess your English is pretty bad since you clearly don't understand what was said in the comment you replied to.

Edited by Ksaero