Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Pvp

Askobin

i know about flamewars. i know about all your pros and cons for pvp

but cmon. DE will never be able to make AI use wallrun and all the other manouvers a warframe is able to do Teamwork is not even a Little bit a part of warframe right now. all manouvers like left/right roll etc have no use at all... the only things used are rush and slide and rush and slide and rush and slide....

there is no such Thing as positioning, using manouvers for tactical Advantage and on. this challange can only be achieved by other real People enabling their warframes and challange each other. working their Brains, to observe a room tacticly

this game has so much pve potential and is still growing. ppl who do not want to Play pvp will not be forced to do so.

Balance isn't that big of an issue as u may think. ofc the mimimi of all the lowbobs who Play their first shooter game, sitting on the first Computer ever made and only want to Play the best and most overpowered warframe while crying about Balance all the time will destroy not only the Progress, but Keep pvp to become a part of warframe. 

but skill, positioning, manouvers and weaponry will Balance alot. there will always be better or weakler equipped Player...

its more important to adjust Player eq Level before they enter a pvp match.

anyway. at some Point DE will be struggle by keeping People interested in warframe. that Problem would be solved by a pvp mode. giving People a constantly changing challange and alot more indepth possibilities.

srsly guys this game is not made for pve only.

DE is focusing at pve first for a good reason.  but it would be the badest choice ever if they did not implement a solid pvp mode...

i mean cmon... DOJO?! wtf?!? a very small room with 4 pillars to use for tactical.... oh wait... you dont have that 4 pillars.... you have only a very very small cyrcle... and you cant even set the time Limit off or start multible duels WTF DE? this is rly a Punch in the face and a kick in the nuts! and is way off the neviau Players are used to get from you.

you have to admit that DE! ...

if i want that hurtful pain, i would have never stopped playing diablo 3 -.-

PS: many (mostly) defence maps (especially the older ones) where already perfect for PVP.

just implement a Team matchmaking, deathmatch possibility. F*** Balance. its a beta. we Need to test it. ofc take your time!!! i dont want to force anything

if you are going to never release pvp modes or stay with that dojo cycle, pls let me know, i gladly spent the last 80€ for warframe without regrets, but i would stop playing this game immediatly. there wouldnt be a Point, would there? there is so much potential. everything in this game is heading towards pvp and hella good and fun and replayable pve. why are guys complaining?! wtf is wrong with them? after 6 months they will get boored with farming over and over and over.... THEY FORGET THEY CAN ALWAYS CHOOSE NOT TO PLAY PVP!!

Im sorry guys! the reason why i write this way, is because warframe is by far the best and fun game i have ever played.

im rly afraid that we wont have the possibility to compare yourself with others because of all the lowbob mimimi (with those epic movements, meele, stealth, positioning... the list of tactic possibilitys is endless... and the fun and replayability we would have with it is endless as well...

i gladly wait for it... you know what to do first DE. i trust you!

but if there is not going to be pvp ever. im going to cry my heart out!

I agree that there should be more PvP features, but i'd rather them work on other content for the time being, the dojo suits my 1v1 needs as of right now.
It's been said a ton of times that PvP and PvE will be balanced differently, and there really is NO reason to not have a dueling type pvp aside from additional content coming later than it usually would.

I take it you haven't read the FAQ? Their stance is already clear, PVE remains the focus.

"Is there PvP in Warframe? (When will there be PvP? Your game is dead without PvP! I have an idea for PvP mode!)

There is no PvP mode in Warframe yet. Face-palm? Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now."

ts... my maxed braton with catalyst and 5 formas will destroy any warframe in less than 2 seconds. before posting something about pvp it would be nice of you to understand just a little bit what game you are playing and what mechanics it uses.

p.s. edit:

3.5 seconds for Rhino and i can't kill Trinity (well nobody can).

Edited by Althix

Prepare your diddly-hole.

BRING IT OON :D .... no. id like People to argue why there MUST NOT be a pvp mode. in my opinion, it is completely against the Players themselfes, not wanting a pvp mode. (deathmatch, teamdeathmatch, capture the artifact. defend/attack enemy structures (dojos)) with pve, only 20% of a warframes potential is used and needed. why not have the full fun factor possibillities a warframe is capable of? :D

ts... my maxed braton with catalyst and 5 formas will destroy any warframe in less than 2 seconds. before posting something about pvp it would be nice of you to understand just a little bit what game you are playing and what mechanics it uses.

This is also true, one clear hit from my snipertron, regardless of the frame, and it's game over.

Dueling in this game IS a lot of fun for me personally, but it doesn't come down to skill which is what the OP wants.

The PvE game is sort of like a third person Tower Defense game, so idk why the OP was talking about no strategy, it's limited but the frame powers absolutely have strategy, if anything PvP is the mode that lacks it.

Not saying I don't adore dueling, just that the OP has his priorities backwards.

BRING IT OON :D .... no. id like People to argue why there MUST NOT be a pvp mode. in my opinion, it is completely against the Players themselfes, not wanting a pvp mode. (deathmatch, teamdeathmatch, capture the artifact. defend/attack enemy structures (dojos)) with pve, only 20% of a warframes potential is used and needed. why not have the full fun factor possibillities a warframe is capable of? :D

Oh god, no.

When you said more PvP i thought you meant dueling.

Tenno do not kill each other, dueling is for proving yourself against other Tenno, sort of like sparing.

Game modes like the one you mention are NOT what PvP in this game should be.

It's not that there MUST NOT be a pvp. It's that there SHOULD NOT.

Simply put, DE don't have the manpower to put focus into any kind of pvp whilst maintaining the level of dedication they are giving to the pve.

I believe that DE have now roped in/are roping in all staff to work on Warframe, and whilst the player base grows the people are only going to want more and more content.

Until DE grow in size, or they develop and endgame that can keep the community happy for months, dividing attention and resources to developing PVP would be ill advised.

Until DE grow in size, or they develop and endgame that can keep the community happy for months, dividing attention and resources to developing PVP would be ill advised.

endgame that Keep the community happy for months maybe years? PVP! teamdeathmatch , deathmatch. Problem solved.

I agree that there should be more PvP features, but i'd rather them work on other content for the time being, the dojo suits my 1v1 needs as of right now.

It's been said a ton of times that PvP and PvE will be balanced differently, and there really is NO reason to not have a dueling type pvp aside from additional content coming later than it usually would.

the dojo suits your Needs? a very very small cyrcle, not even those 4 pillars WHICH ARE ALREADY IN THE ROOM?! not be able to start multible duels?! stop trolling pls...

I don't want PvP, there are enough PvP games out there, focusing on PvE is what will make this game unique.

This.

I am so tired of PVP, every single game over the last 5-7 years (or probably more accurately since COD4) has been the same generic red vs blue PVP. 

No PVP, dueling is not an issue obviously, but it should never become a game type.

For the love of a deity I don't believe in, why can't you people just leave this alone. It is stated pretty clearly in the FAQ that pvp is not a focus. Why can't a game just not have pvp in it? I play this game BECAUSE it is pve. It's because this is a pve game that players can do more fun and cooler stuff, like wallclimbing and grappling hooks (soonTM). This is simply just not the game for you if YOU (because it is only your own opinion, this) think that it is "useless" to play if there will be no pvp.

Imagine, if you can, that you are in a pvp match against other players (obviously). How would you deal with Trinity's link? Ash's and Loki's stealth? What will decoy/molt do? Nyx might suddenly become EXTREMELY overpowered. What about the crazy speed everyone is running/jumping/wall climbing at? Most of the time, people will be hiding and running around and only get shot every once in a while from a stray bullet, and if you stop or slow down to get some shots in yourself, you're dead in seconds.

The duel room in the dojo is there PURELY for a bit of fun, it is not really necessary, but DE was nice enough to spend time and resources that could have gone elsewhere to put that in.

It's a silly idea, now go away.

Edited by Tarudizer

the dojo suits your Needs? a very very small cyrcle, not even those 4 pillars WHICH ARE ALREADY IN THE ROOM?! not be able to start multible duels?! stop trolling pls...

I'm not trolling.

The Dojo offers 1v1 pvp, and there is a LOT of vertical terrain you can explore in that small circle by wall running, hell if you have excalibur and super jump, there's a ledge in the top where you can walk along.

You can start multiple duels if you add another dueling room.

My PvP needs are being able to duel against another Tenno, that's all, and that's what the Dojo provides.

For the love of a deity I don't believe in, why can't you people just leave this alone. It is stated pretty clearly in the FAQ that pvp is not a focus. Why can't a game just not have pvp in it? I play this game BECAUSE it is pve. It's because this is a pve game that players can do more fun and cooler stuff, like wallclimbing and grappling hooks (soonTM). This is simply just not the game for you if YOU (because it is only your own opinion, this) think that it is "useless" to play if there will be no pvp.

Imagine, if you can, that you are in a pvp match against other players (obviously). How would you deal with Trinity's link? Ash's and Loki's stealth? What will decoy/molt do? Nyx might suddenly become EXTREMELY overpowered. What about the crazy speed everyone is running/jumping/wall climbing at? Most of the time, people will be hiding and running around and only get shot every once in a while from a stray bullet, and if you stop or slow down to get some shots in yourself, you're dead in seconds.

It's a silly idea, go away.

No offense, but dueling is already in game, and yeah, some powers do not work in it already.

You're still visible when you use stealth to other players, albeit slightly visible.

The speed isn't a problem, because people can aim.

I've dueled many people who start off wall running only to be stopped by me leading the shot to where they'll be.

People saying PvP has NO place in warframe are daft.

People saying PvP should be the main focus are also daft.

PvE is and should always be the main focus, PvP shouldn't be excluded because well, people aren't going to be forced into dueling each other.

How do I know this? oh yeah, the whole...."Dueling is already implemented" thing. Yeah that might be it...

Personally, I think dueling should be expanded in the far off future, but right now it's fine the way it is, even with all the bugs, it suits my needs, but only as long as I know that more dueling features will come in the future, be it months or years.

Hell, we're already getting leaderboards for dueling soon, can people just shut up and understand that they're both going to be in the game?

It's a PvE game first and foremost, with a little dash of friendly competition, and that's how it should stay.

PvP is not necessarily a bad thing, but not a focus as of now. If they do implement solid PvP, I really hope that the balancing is separated from PvE.

This was painful to read.

For example: srsly, rly, multible, possibilitys, cmon.

Sorry. Also, TL;DR is common courtesy in threads larger than a few paragraphs. Where's that?

Edited by MageMeat

I rather like the whole pve thing, cuz if de were to actually focus on pvp, the games going to get distorted, alot of hate would come out of it, people ranting over game balance, people complaining about op frames and wep blah blah blah, honestly I stucked myself unto this game cuz it was calm and unique

you dont really have to hassle yourself getting the strongest gears to be on edge, cuz well you got your friends to back you up, not there to kill you. How would you like it if a mag pulled your entire team and got erased by a single ogris missle. yes you would be sad and frustrated. as for the de team they would have to frantically balance things, and you know how small their number of employes right?

No offense, but dueling is already in game, and yeah, some powers do not work in it already.

You're still visible when you use stealth to other players, albeit slightly visible.

The speed isn't a problem, because people can aim.

I've dueled many people who start off wall running only to be stopped by me leading the shot to where they'll be.

People saying PvP has NO place in warframe are daft.

People saying PvP should be the main focus are also daft.

PvE is and should always be the main focus, PvP shouldn't be excluded because well, people aren't going to be forced into dueling each other.

How do I know this? oh yeah, the whole...."Dueling is already implemented" thing. Yeah that might be it...

Personally, I think dueling should be expanded in the far off future, but right now it's fine the way it is, even with all the bugs, it suits my needs, but only as long as I know that more dueling features will come in the future, be it months or years.

Hell, we're already getting leaderboards for dueling soon, can people just shut up and understand that they're both going to be in the game?

It's a PvE game first and foremost, with a little dash of friendly competition, and that's how it should stay.

Holy shining meatballs on a pogostick, is it? You'd think I know, seeing as how I mentioned it in my post, but there we are. (I did add that in a tad bit later, but come on.)

ALL you are talking about there IS dueling, which like you so cleverly pointed out, already exist. Imagine a larger map instead of those tiny little things people fight in currently. It's not that hard to hit someone who is basically standing in front of you.

I'm not saying pvp has "no" place in warframe, but seeing as how a rather simple genderswap will quite drastically slow down the pace of other content, how much will adding proper pvp slow it down? DE is not a huge company, there is a limit to how many people they can employ to work on something as grand as this (if they are going to add pvp, it might as well be something GOOD, right?)

Pvp also means powers will be balanced around both pve AND pvp, which will hinder the potential they could have in a pure pve game (unless they are REALLY clever about it). Whenever a skill or ability gets changed/nerfed in a pve situation because it was too good in pvp, a penguin is clubbed to death by a baby seal. Wielded by an old lady.

Holy shining meatballs on a pogostick, is it? You'd think I know, seeing as how I mentioned it in my post, but there we are. (I did add that in a tad bit later, but come on.)

ALL you are talking about there IS dueling, which like you so cleverly pointed out, already exist. Imagine a larger map instead of those tiny little things people fight in currently. It's not that hard to hit someone who is basically standing in front of you.

I'm not saying pvp has "no" place in warframe, but seeing as how a rather simple genderswap will quite drastically slow down the pace of other content, how much will adding proper pvp slow it down? DE is not a huge company, there is a limit to how many people they can employ to work on something as grand as this (if they are going to add pvp, it might as well be something GOOD, right?)

Pvp also means powers will be balanced around both pve AND pvp, which will hinder the potential they could have in a pure pve game (unless they are REALLY clever about it). Whenever a skill or ability gets changed/nerfed in a pve situation because it was too good in pvp, a penguin is clubbed to death by a baby seal. Wielded by an old lady.

I hear you, sorry for being so rash.

I agree that dueling isn't 100% PvP, and the resources to make a full on PvP would detract from the game too much.

What I don't agree about is the balancing issue, since DE already stated that frame skills for PvP is seperate from the PvE abilities in the sense that they act differently depending on the instance that you're in.

PvP ability balancing will not affect PvE skills.

For example, you pick a PvP gametype, the game itself doesn't treat PvP the same way it treats PvE, the abilities can be balanced for PvP only, like they already are in the Dojo.

For even more of an example, in the Dojo currently, Nyx's Mind control affects sentinels, you'll see the mind control graphic over the sentinel, but in PvE the mind control graphic does not show up on sentinels when used. PvE and PvP have separate ability rules, PvE and PvP is separate.

This will cause delays on regular content, which is what they always should focus on first, but PvP does not mean that you have to alter PvE skills at all.