Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In regards to trinity

crashapple12

somewhat of a hot button topic i wish to being forth, regarding trinity EV has cropped up repeatedly been called out for being excessively overpowered (not that that's really that much of a problem, when everything is overpowered nothing is) so i will be leaving my thoughts on this issue and some suggestions, No I'm not necessarily calling for trinity nerfs (she's received enough of those), rather highlighting one of the biggest problems that comes with playing trinity... for something other than energy vampire. for those who have played trinity in public matches I'm sure you have run into the odd squad containing rather toxic individuals, petulantly screaming at you to be using EV regardless of your trinity's build (perhaps you built for blessing), i believe part of this issue lies within EV's design itself (not just the salty people who decided to use blind rage).

what i am getting at is the difference in potency of EV between a EV build and a different build is far too great, not only does a build like a blessing build pulse the energy slower (even if you take into consideration the energy being given out to its entirety when the enemy dies) but it also has significantly less range, which makes even more difference since the thing pulsing the energy is likely an enemy from a fair distance away (EG here is with harrow needing little range because he just needs to stand near allies) .

now I'm not going to just leave this with nothing more than a complaint, rather I'm going to leave an alternate suggestion for EV and her other abilities (so i dont have to make another post about them)

in much the same way as Titania's tribute functions, cast to rag doll an enemy leaving behind their energy for trinity to go and retrieve
picking it up provides trinity an aura for giving trinity and her nearby allies energy regeneration stacking a few time
able to be cast while aiming/jumping ect

this change reduces the spam maintenance of energy vampire, also removes the excessive reliance on range that EV currently suffers as you could just walk in range of an ally

1. Well of life:
    one handed cast
    heals allies withing 10m of the target
    provide a buff (either weapon damage, armor, health regen, bonus max health) to allies should the affected enemy die
    larger healing cap

augment replacement or addition: shared pain
    enemies within the healing area all suffer a percentage of the damage the affected enemy takes

2. link:
    longer base duration
    prioritizes WoL targets
    castable while in the air
    (possibly addition of linking to the closest ally to give them a weaker version of link)

3. blessing:
    reduce immediate heal strength but add a heal over time effect

36 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

No need for any changes. I am not lacking in EV range on my Bless Build because I took 3rd ability+Augment into consideration and needed some range, so my EV range is just fine.

Any faults and negatives in a Trinity build are player's fault for making a bad build.

while i do agree that builds do play a large degree on whether or not your blessing build is good or not, i would have to say no some changes are in order, be it for the reason of excessive recasting of EV makes trinity a chore to play (let alone it not being a one handed cast) aim> EV> shoot repeat at infinitum (compared to say harrow which is just charge >end, then go about your regular business and allies will get energy provided they happen to go near him), or because the maps are generally long maze like corridors and not just defense maps, let alone public squads have a tendency of not sticking together, making the likely hood that they are going to be in range lower (though i am aware that having it be an aura on trinity still has this problem, it just makes it so you don't have to be constantly playing the support micromanaging game letting you shoot more often) or the fact that EV has the same potato code that caused miasma to get changed

yes my complaint is mostly my opinion that EV is a chore to use and the occasional salty squad that gets excessively angry because you aren't constantly micro managing their energy pool

warframe is a game about killing hoards of helpless enemies, and here you are killing one at a time because if you don't you read in chat EV, EV trinity EV

Edited by crashapple12

55 minutes ago, (PS4)HSomDevil said:

Except Well of Life, which is crap.

Fair point.

27 minutes ago, crashapple12 said:

while i do agree that builds do play a large degree on whether or not your blessing build is good or not, i would have to say no some changes are in order, be it for the reason of excessive recasting of EV makes trinity a chore to play (let alone it not being a one handed cast) aim> EV> shoot repeat at infinitum (compared to say harrow which is just charge >end, then go about your regular business and allies will get energy provided they happen to go near him), or because the maps are generally long maze like corridors and not just defense maps, let alone public squads have a tendency of not sticking together, making the likely hood that they are going to be in range lower (though i am aware that having it be an aura on trinity still has this problem, it just makes it so you don't have to be constantly playing the support micromanaging game letting you shoot more often) or the fact that EV has the same potato code that caused miasma to get changed

yes my complaint is mostly my opinion that EV is a chore to use and the occasional salty squad that gets excessively angry because you aren't constantly micro managing their energy pool

warframe is a game about killing hoards of helpless enemies, and here you are killing one at a time because if you don't you read in chat EV, EV trinity EV

I have to disagree. Never had issues with Trinity, spamming EV or whatever, and bad teammates are just bad teammates, no need to adjust a working frame towards those less inclinted to think.

And none of this has ever really been a problem. Even in Endurance runs when you constantly spam EV for the hell of it.