Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains Of Eidolon Mods are not worth it with its current system

FoxsongHD

The mod sets that were brought into existence with Plains of Eidolons (or rather the majority, there are a couple of mods that are good but most are fairly unworthy) are sad. These mods should have been given an entirely new system imo or just be stronger, I would prefer just a different system though so as to not make it possibly OP. As an example, the game Blade and Soul does a system thats kind of similar to this A LOT better; here are the details to the Soul Shield system the game uses. "Soul Shields are sets of 8 fragments which serve as the main source of attributes to a character. Additional attributes can be gained from Soul Shields when equipping multiple fragments of a same set. These bonus attributes are gained when a set of 3, 5 or 8 fragments is equipped. One can gain bonus attributes from different sets in this way. Soul Shield fragments can be upgraded by using Soul Shield Primers."

Now, I know Soul Shield and the mod sets in the game function very differently but it would be much better if mod sets had their own separate system instead of having to take up mod space even though there are more important and stronger mods that exist. Sure you could argue the two systems aren't comparable due to Soul Shield being the main way to get power but it doesn't have to be the exact same, just give them their own slots please!

Edited by FoxsongHD

Have you tried the Hunter set yet? While I can agree on the wanting of extra mod slots, take a look at what the newest set can do:

I'd also like to point out that starting off with low sets on a beginner planet--if they intend to do other open world areas on higher leveled planets--is what we should expect.

27 minutes ago, AandOE said:

Have you tried the Hunter set yet? While I can agree on the wanting of extra mod slots, take a look at what the newest set can do:

I'd also like to point out that starting off with low sets on a beginner planet--if they intend to do other open world areas on higher leveled planets--is what we should expect.

My main problem is the way it's been implemented. Even by the time you get into mod sets you'll more than likely have better mods and it wouldn't be worth replacing them with the set mods. Even something as simple as letting them be equipped in the exilus slot would make it a bit better. The hunter set isn't awful but most aren't worth replacing required mods for. The straight up rage upgrade is nice, being able to slash proc the world with amprex seems like fun and the rest seem ok. The mod set system just seems lazy and way too unexplored even if it's new. We could have had a cool new system but instead its just another exilus mod system but without an extra slot and you are encouraged to cripple your build for a payout that, most of the time, isn't really that worth it.

Edited by FoxsongHD

What ticks me off about the mod system is that the set bonus is specific to an action.  Vigilante's crit enhancement only works for Primaries.  Augur's shield restore only works on ability use but not energy spent channeling.  Gladiators crit chance boost only applies to melee weapons.  The value of having set mods would increase a fair amount if the set bonuses applied gear wide.  Admittedly, hunter might need nerfed unless pet specific set bonuses are the exception (which would be inconsistent, which is typically a bad idea.)