Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Acolytes into Fomorian/Razorback-style Events

DiabolusUrsus

DE, I sincerely hope you can shake this habit of promising to add time-limited content back into the game only to leave it gathering dust for months at a time while you focus on other, newer things. Just find a way to automate the cycling, wait a month or two after the introductory event, and then let it take care of itself.

This isn't a salt thread about not having the mods; I just can't think of any reason to make the Acolytes this rare and absent from the game. I actually had a decent amount of fun fighting most of them, and I'd like to see them make more regular appearances beyond "oh hey, we should add those guys back in for a bit."

I'm not 100% sure how you would handle the progress toward an Acolyte event. The first and most obvious choice would be on the frequency of Stalker Messages and appearances to players, but I don't know enough about your metrics to be certain that would be viable. Still, you get the point. Give the acolytes a global progress bar, have it fill gradually over time based on community activity, and then just cycle the event automatically.

8 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

-Snip-

I don't because as much as you say "This isn't about me not having the mods." This is exactly about you not having the mods or something similar, without the mods Acolytes have basically no purpose to the warframe player besides "Neat enemy." They come almost every year, you can wait.

Just now, Whitestrake0 said:

I don't because as much as you say "This isn't about me not having the mods."

Hard for it to be about not having the mods when I have the mods I want, though. Blood Rush/Body Count is all I really care about, and I got those the first time around.

1 minute ago, Whitestrake0 said:

no purpose to the warframe player besides "Neat enemy."

Why is "neat enemy" not a legitimate purpose? It's not like Fomorians/Razorbacks happen every day; Acolytes are a cool encounter and there's no plausible reason why they should be so rare...

Unless you have some vested interest in limiting the mod supply? Hmmm?

3 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Hard for it to be about not having the mods when I have the mods I want, though. Blood Rush/Body Count is all I really care about, and I got those the first time around.

Why is "neat enemy" not a legitimate purpose? It's not like Fomorians/Razorbacks happen every day; Acolytes are a cool encounter and there's no plausible reason why they should be so rare...

Unless you have some vested interest in limiting the mod supply? Hmmm?

Yeah I do. It's called economy. If you can't make it to something that happens for a entire month once every single year AND usually when it's summer vacation for most people who still go to school.

You don't deserve it. End of story, they are just reskinned with Stalkers A.I. If you like to fight them so much this upcoming year I'll be testing if they can actually be spawned in the Simulacrum as I will have all the scans needed, and you can fight them there. Hope you bring your scanners.

Edited by Whitestrake0

Just now, Whitestrake0 said:

Yeah I do. It's called economy. If you can't make it to something that happens for a entire month once every single year AND usually when it's summer vacation for most people who still go to school.

Like I said, it's not about getting the mods. And what economy are you talking about? Trade economy? DE has no obligation to protect your interests in a "free market." The same rules that let players charge 50+ USD for a mod or Warframe set are the same rules that mean they have to suck it up if that mod becomes less valuable. You are not entitled to any sort of economic protection.

It's hard to imagine what else you'd be talking about, because players' mod inventories otherwise have no significant impact on any sort of economy.

4 minutes ago, Whitestrake0 said:

You don't deserve it.

Thank goodness you don't actually have the power to make judgment calls like that. :) Seems kinda petty.

5 minutes ago, Whitestrake0 said:

End of story, they are just reskinned with Stalkers A.I. If you like to fight them so much this year I'll be testing if they can actually be spawned in the Simulacrum as I will have all the scans needed, and you can fight them there. Hope you bring your scanners.

You can be as reductive as you like, but I find them fun to fight. You still haven't given any legitimate reason as to why they should be so rare.

1 minute ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Like I said, it's not about getting the mods. And what economy are you talking about? Trade economy? DE has no obligation to protect your interests in a "free market." The same rules that let players charge 50+ USD for a mod or Warframe set are the same rules that mean they have to suck it up if that mod becomes less valuable. You are not entitled to any sort of economic protection.

It's hard to imagine what else you'd be talking about, because players' mod inventories otherwise have no significant impact on any sort of economy.

Thank goodness you don't actually have the power to make judgment calls like that. :) Seems kinda petty.

You can be as reductive as you like, but I find them fun to fight. You still haven't given any legitimate reason as to why they should be so rare.

Because they do need to be. That simple. Have fun with yet another post being sinked into the graveyard. Meh friend.

Edited by Whitestrake0

1 minute ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

He bought maiming strike for 1k plat when Telos Boltace was a good weapon and he would be really salty if someone else got that mod for significantly less.

I wouldn't mind having the acolytes back. I loved fighting them and they could easily be introduced into the game through the Fomorian and Razorback system. Just make it a global counter for every stalker that is killed fill a meter for one of the acolytes to spawn.

12 minutes ago, Nova-Gamer said:

Just make it a global counter for every stalker that is killed fill a meter for one of the acolytes to spawn.

That's actually a really good idea!  Although, to balance it, don't make stalker beacons count towards the meter being filled; just so we don't get constant acolytes from people buying s**t-tons of Stalker Beacons.

I honestly wouldn't mind having this at all, upvoted ^_^

Edited by Oksanya

2 hours ago, Nova-Gamer said:

I wouldn't mind having the acolytes back. I loved fighting them and they could easily be introduced into the game through the Fomorian and Razorback system. Just make it a global counter for every stalker that is killed fill a meter for one of the acolytes to spawn.

Yeah, that definitely sounds like a solid implementation.

2 hours ago, Oksanya said:

That's actually a really good idea!  Although, to balance it, don't make stalker beacons count towards the meter being filled; just so we don't get constant acolytes from people buying s**t-tons of Stalker Beacons.

I honestly wouldn't mind having this at all, upvoted ^_^

Good catch on the beacons-don't-count thing; never would have remembered that. If it really became a problem, though, they could just add a default downtime after each Acolyte event to prevent them from coming 'round too often.