Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Freetoplay.tv Review

matrixEXO

It's pretty spot on, I'm surprised they gave WF an 8.1 out of 10, seems a little high for a game with such little content. Also the reviewer thinks that PVP is a possibility, which I sadly don't think will be put in considering the pretty proactive anti-pvp community members, mods, and thread policy.

Reviewer should first try to understand game developer and what is this game about. At some times he sounds unprofessional, but he is right about AI and enemies dumbness.

On the other hand this is dumb way to review PvP in WF:

PvP in Warframe at the moment is limited to duels between Clan members in your Clan Hall. If you wish to partake in any duels, you will need to join a Clan that has a Dojo Dueling Arena add-on. The imbalance issues between the different Warframes continues over into the PvP with some Warframes able to one shot their opponents or kill them with just a handful of shots.

With how many updates there have already been, I fully expect a full on PvP system to be implemented before the game launches.

The PvE portion of the game does have Leaderboards, so players can compare their in game stats against all other registered players, but that is not enough for competitive players as the stats can be stilted just by someone willing to just grind out kills.

Reviewer should first try to understand game developer and what is this game about. At some times he sounds unprofessional, but he is right about AI and enemies dumbness.

On the other hand this is dumb way to review PvP in WF:

PvP in Warframe at the moment is limited to duels between Clan members in your Clan Hall. If you wish to partake in any duels, you will need to join a Clan that has a Dojo Dueling Arena add-on. The imbalance issues between the different Warframes continues over into the PvP with some Warframes able to one shot their opponents or kill them with just a handful of shots.

With how many updates there have already been, I fully expect a full on PvP system to be implemented before the game launches.

The PvE portion of the game does have Leaderboards, so players can compare their in game stats against all other registered players, but that is not enough for competitive players as the stats can be stilted just by someone willing to just grind out kills.

Personally, the way he reviewed Warframe is the better one than your own. No reviews need sympathy points from the reviewer since it's are just about them and the game itself. Telling a reviewer to understand the developers and what the game is about is not the right way to review anything since it clouds up judgement. Edited by matrixEXO

Personally, the way he reviewed Warframe is the better one than your own. No reviews need sympathy points from the reviewer since it's are just about them and the game itself. Telling a reviewer to understand the developers and what the game is about is not the right way to review anything since it clouds up judgement.

Can I rate Dishonored 6/10 because there is no PvP?

Can I rate DOTA 6/10 because there is no PvE?

Understanding which direction the game is going forward is a part of a good review. If a game wants to excel in PvE content while neglect PvP aspect then why should it be rated lower because clueless reviewer want to play PvP in every online game?

However, this review is still spot on about faked difficulty, repetitiveness, and unbalanced Warframe. DE should take heed of this matters before the release Warframe on PS4 in November.

Can I rate Dishonored 6/10 because there is no PvP?

Can I rate DOTA 6/10 because there is no PvE?

Understanding which direction the game is going forward is a part of a good review. If a game wants to excel in PvE content while neglect PvP aspect then why should it be rated lower because clueless reviewer want to play PvP in every online game?

However, this review is still spot on about faked difficulty, repetitiveness, and unbalanced Warframe. DE should take heed of this matters before the release Warframe on PS4 in November.

I would rather see someone inject his opinion on things rather than people blatantly saying that the game is a 10/10 cause "they understand the developers and what the game is about". In fact, reviews are more of a "personal opinion in a professional manner" about things. Therefore, his opinion on that there is a lackluster of PvP aspect in the game itself is valid. And the score of 8.1 is a testament to why it didn't really bog the whole score down much and why it wasn't included in the header as a negative point, because it's a minor thing.

Off-topic: While I wouldn't say that rating Dishonored a 6/10 or a DotA a 6/10 cause it doesn't have PvP/PvE, I would most certainly rate DotA a 7.5/10 because it has a high barrier of entry and lack of intuitive mechanics (skill damages and stat buffs are set in stone thus making some heroes scale really badly while others really strongly into the late game) and Dishonored a NA/10 because I never played it. As for DotA to mimic LoL's damage mechanic, no. It can work it's own mechanic if it frees itself from the old WC3 design concept but keeping the same stats but has to be done on it's own way. Some heroes in DotA have stat-based damage effects on their skills so they have a means to boost them.

Edited by matrixEXO

http://www.freetoplay.tv/mmorpg-games/warframe-review/

I am pretty sure we all know it's negatives. Please, DE, give us better enemy AI!

I stopped reading at "When I first started playing the game I thought it was fairly difficult. I used up all of my lives on the first mission, mainly due to my not understanding the gameplay in the game."

He is not qualified to review a game like Warframe and should stick to I phone apps. The AI in Warframe sings at higher level. When you run through with 4 players pressing 1 button and killing everything in half a second its not surprising you think they are stupid. They did kill this retard 4 times in the first mission though making them stupid and not the reviewer... Go figure.

Fight the Grineer solo on a high difficulty to your level/mod selection. Youll soon see how clever they are. They toy with you. Send in specialized units to get you out from cover. The surround you. They rush you. They run from you. What more can you ask for. One even says "leave my mother out of this" If DE can balance this into the 4 player AOE spamfest then all will be well with Warframe.

The AI is stupid but they killed him 4 times in his first mission. I'll remember this one for a while:)

Human review by the Grineer:

So humans are not very clever. They die a lot when first entering our space and call us stupid. They do mostly have good dress sense but they feel its best to fight our level 1 Grineer with their Rank 30 Warframes. Humans are a scared species and only work in packs and like to kill us all with only 1 very powerful spell. Grineer no like human - 6.9/10 From us.

I fully expect a full on PvP system to be implemented before the game launches.

I fully hope that the Devs hold to their word and that you are disappointed far into the future including but not limited to the release. There are thousands of pvp titles out there, and very very few (in comparison) games like this that are coop pve, this game doesn't need pvp.

I fully hope that the Devs hold to their word and that you are disappointed far into the future including but not limited to the release. There are thousands of pvp titles out there, and very very few (in comparison) games like this that are coop pve, this game doesn't need pvp.

His words were a "direct" quote off the F2P review. Unless you meant to refer to the reviewer.

I stopped reading at "When I first started playing the game I thought it was fairly difficult. I used up all of my lives on the first mission, mainly due to my not understanding the gameplay in the game."

He is not qualified to review a game like Warframe and should stick to I phone apps. The AI in Warframe sings at higher level. When you run through with 4 players pressing 1 button and killing everything in half a second its not surprising you think they are stupid. They did kill this retard 4 times in the first mission though making them stupid and not the reviewer... Go figure.

Fight the Grineer solo on a high difficulty to your level/mod selection. Youll soon see how clever they are. They toy with you. Send in specialized units to get you out from cover. The surround you. They rush you. They run from you. What more can you ask for. One even says "leave my mother out of this" If DE can balance this into the 4 player AOE spamfest then all will be well with Warframe.

The AI is stupid but they killed him 4 times in his first mission. I'll remember this one for a while:)

So humans are not very clever. They die a lot when first entering our space and call us stupid. They do mostly have good dress sense but they feel its best to fight our level 1 Grineer with their Rank 30 Warframes. Humans are a scared species and only work in packs and like to kill us all with only 1 very powerful spell. Grineer no like human - 6.9/10 From us.

Personally, I think he played the game mostly on Solo. But I don't get how one could have died 4 times in the first mission too UNLESS he never used objects as cover, which would obviously be a solid reason and thus the proceeding statement of the lack of understanding of the gameplay.

Acting as the devil's advocate; if you were a new player and ran the tutorial and all, did you think they would have thought you to use cover? No. I, for one, would most certainly NOT use cover until I die a few times or get lucky to learn that objects are totally useful as they were meant to be for the cover system that were not taught. Point is, when you go in fresh (empty all experiences from your brain, even from other games) and you start playing, it's actually relatively hard to play this game without a proper tutorial to back it up. But when you reach the stage where you start to progress and learn the ins and outs of the game better, you see things that are really different than what you initially see.

Edited by matrixEXO

His words were a "direct" quote off the F2P review. Unless you meant to refer to the reviewer.

Personally, I think he played the game mostly on Solo. But I don't get how one could have died 4 times in the first mission too UNLESS he never used objects as cover, which would obviously be a solid reason and thus the proceeding statement of the lack of understanding of the gameplay.

Acting as the devil's advocate; if you were a new player and ran the tutorial and all, did you think they would have thought you to use cover? No. I, for one, would most certainly NOT use cover until I die a few times or get lucky to learn that objects are totally useful as they were meant to be for the cover system that were not taught. Point is, when you go in fresh (empty all experiences from your brain, even from other games) and you start playing, it's actually relatively hard to play this game without a proper tutorial to back it up. But when you reach the stage where you start to progress and learn the ins and outs of the game better, you see things that are really different than what you initially see.

"Hey look, they're shooting at me! I should run toward them, taking all those high velocity lead in my face!"

I think reviewer's lack of common sense is intriguing. Do one really need a tutorial about not to get hit by bullet?

Lol, this made my day, thx sir.

"Hey look, they're shooting at me! I should run toward them, taking all those high velocity lead in my face!"

I think reviewer's lack of common sense is intriguing. Do one really need a tutorial about not to get hit by bullet?

Do you need a tutorial to teach you how to shoot and move? Same case, can't be denied. Oh, and do you need a tutorial to teach you to parkour too? Same case as well. In fact, if my years of gaming knowledge weren't applied into any single game, I would normally be fumbling around playing any game at all if they never had a tutorial to teach me about the game mechanics.

EDIT: Common sense also tells me that you aren't using common sense. The real problem is with the tools given but not explained. I have played shooting games where it's superbly stupid to stand in front and soak up bullets until you die because you got this cover system that has been explained where it's beneficial to you any single time (movement penalty doesn't outweigh the defensive bonuses given). Now, remove the cover system tutorial from those games (yeah, I'm talking games like Gears of War) and see if anyone would "instictively" know how to use cover. To me, games are not where common sense needs to be in all the time, especially in the mechanics. Common sense says that one cannot wallrun but then the Tenno can. How intriguing right?

Edited by matrixEXO

Wait wait wait, you mean to tell me... you need to use cover in a game even if there aren't cover mechanics? I kept pressing X and my warframe would never stick to the side of a box like those Grineer get to do! :O

Wait wait wait, you mean to tell me... you need to use cover in a game even if there aren't cover mechanics? I kept pressing X and my warframe would never stick to the side of a box like those Grineer get to do! :O

Apparently, someone don't know the types of cover system known to gamerkind.

They are (from most renown to most obscure):

"Press to enter cover"

"Press forward to enter cover"

"Snap to cover when close"

"Freeform cover"

The one Warframe is using is the freeform cover, where cover does not force your body to stick to it and requires you to crouch when near low cover to take advantage of it. Freeform cover is also more known in FPS games like CoD or Battlefield but normally never known as such (people just call it as going into cover).

Edited by matrixEXO

I thought the Grineer were human?  And the Tenno were not?

Both are semi/para/trans Humans depending on preferance and specific definitions.

Grineer are cybernetic, genetically engineered clones. The Tenno are humans modified by the Technocyte until they are sex changing nanite entities as of the last Dev livestream. May be subject to change.