Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Scale of Excavation

DeltaPangaea

So I really am curious, and it's been this while as long as it's existed, as long as I'm aware...

But why the heck do Excavators not scale at all? Level 1-100, 500 shields, 2500 health. That's all you get. Defense objectives, mobile defense, even rescue targets (albeit only a little) scale up, but Excavators become paper thin in no time at all.

For what purpose?

It might be oversight but I think its because when you lose objective in def or MD you lose whole game but when you lose excavator you can simply wait for new one, there is no limit to them ... to not feel completely like target dummy you can recharge their shield with batteries but aside from that they basically dont need any health at all ...

same with rescue/defense agents, they are super squishy but you can heal them and revive them so they dont need 100K hp like defense objective because if they die you just revive them and continue with mission

7 hours ago, meristu said:

It might be oversight but I think its because when you lose objective in def or MD you lose whole game but when you lose excavator you can simply wait for new one, there is no limit to them ... to not feel completely like target dummy you can recharge their shield with batteries but aside from that they basically dont need any health at all ...

same with rescue/defense agents, they are super squishy but you can heal them and revive them so they dont need 100K hp like defense objective because if they die you just revive them and continue with mission

Yeah you can revive rescue targets, but after a certain point you just won't be able to complete any excavations unless you've got something like Gara's wall or Frost's bubble, because any stray fire will just shred it. Even at the higher levels you can just kill things, then revive the rescue target, and make progress.

It should scale at least a bit.