Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Lanka Model

metalxempress

Need some own unique style model 

Why ? 

1. It 's a corpus design sniper such as grineer Vulkar , Tenno snipetron
2. It 's one of the most difficult to obtain Weapon in the game 
3. it 's a clan Dojo research weapon 
4. IMO this gun is Big daddy of all  for High level content so Its need some respect
(and like always sorry about my english)

Just a minor correction, according to the lore, the snipetron was a corpus weapon. That's also why it was removed, because it fired bullets, not laser/energy/etc.

But I do agrre it needs a new model, there are some SLIGHT variations from snipetron, like shorter scope, visually longer clip but thats all. When i read it was a gauss gun (by definition of the word) i pictured a long barreled gun with a  sort of techy-looking sight and visual magnetic coils along the barrel  with some spinning up effect somewhat similar to the railgun/MAC cannon of Halo 4

The remoddling it needs is dependant on how they lore-fixed the Snipetron. From my guesses, the Snipetron is a Tenno-modified version of the Lanka.

I could definitely get behind some minor tweaks to it, however.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason why is that the Lanka is the Snipetron. Instead of doing a total overhaul on the weapon and changing the way it functions completely, DE elected to remove the Snipetron from the game, and in it's place introduce the Lanka. It was done this way to try and avoid frustrating those who had already invested in to their Snipetron. As it stands right now the Lanka does not "Share" a model with the Snipetron because technically it is not in the game. We may have been grandfathered in to being able to use the older version of the Lanka (aka Snipetron) but that is it. It is a legacy weapon from beta that DE felt should be removed. And for those who missed their chance to buy it the gave us an event because we just wanted one last shot at the Snipetron.

So in the end it is simple the reason why the Lanka and the Snipetron share the same skin. It is because they are the same weapon. One is the new version with the mechanics and lore Digital Extremes wants, the other is the old version from beta that they just kept around to be nice there player base. Do we really want to make the model unobtainable just because, right now, a large portion of the player base has a gun that should not exist? It may vary well be as time passes, those who have the Snipetron become the minority to those who posses the Lanka.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I say make the lanka have a different model. I don't care that the snipetron had the model and DE wanted to give players the model to play with regardless of the fact they removed it. I want my lanka to look different. There's simply too many sniptrons in the game now and they are generaly confused with the lanka. I spent a lot of time to get this gun and would like it to be a status symbol aswell. Something that shows other players that I worked hard to get it at a glance. Hell, I would even settle for a gold paint job (reskin). However, a remodeled version would be really sweet. They could just modify the exsisting sniptron to look a little more different, like the barrel.

Edited by OcelotVampire

To my understanding snipertron should have differed model as for Teeno weapon, since it was meant to be a Corpus weapon, but due to the lore ... bullet design, fits more to Teeno with a corpus looking model.

I like Lankas model. However the only thing that could be changed is barrel, to a long not to thick split barrel design similar to Dera, if according to DE lanka supposed to be railgun rifle.

yes give it its own model AND make it a single shot rifle, this will make it better in every way

how many times do i, and the rest of the ppl tell you thats not going to happen

aM19726_460sa.gif

Edited by Depar

give it its own model AND make it a single shot rifle, this will make it better in every way

even if this will happen primed/charged chamber will not work on it or you have to reload after every shot what

take the huge advatages of the lanka, her big magazine away

I would suggest something close to the District 9 weapon design.

They're quite similar to the blocky Corpus style, though more detailed.

To me, the Lanka could be just this (custom colour palette):

27ysl6x.jpg

I would look too similar to the Dera.

Maybe make it longer and skinnier?

Just put Dera's rails on Lanka ...

2eq3w95.jpg

I don't know, but I still like original corpus design ^^

The problem I see here, Lanka's barrel is already bulky, which means the rails /coils (if coilgun) are inside and covered from the sides in oposite to Dera.

However, Lanka's barrel is to bulky for "standard" bullet firearm

(see Vulkar, or equivalent Barrett rifle: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/M82A1_afmil.jpg).

It could be just a shroud ... or maybe not. 

So it depends on point of view.

In my opinion Lanka is fine! 

Edited by Voidflow