Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

universal Login ?

Snowflufficus

this has been bugging me for quite some time. I know that awhile ago DE allowed account transfers from PC to PS4 ... but with that came the loss of your entire PC account so you could never go back to PC and if you did you would have to start all over again. Since all i have seen over the forums about cross-platform warframe i honestly don't think it will happen. I do feel like a Universal Login would at least fix the issue . That being said console players could login to their accounts on PC and play with their friends on pc without having to lose their account and be able to play with all the new items before going back to playing on console when they are done. that being said certain items will be locked out for those people like for instance some of the Tennogen skins that are not available on console yet. so if a PC person went to go on the PS4 or Xbox One and play with their friends all their stuff would be there except for the weapons and skins that are not available to use. so basically your account would be accessible to both consoles and pc. at least that way we can go play with our friends without having to lose our valuable progress and earnings because we had to start all the way over again because we decided to join our friends on the console side. before you say "Well what happens when the weapon is locked" if you were an xbox player playing on pc to have some fun with your friends. all the forma's, stats, levels, and mods and if applicable rivens will stay on the weapon and once console recieves said update all that progress made with said weapon will be on the weapon. it is your account . i think its time we should be able to login on consoles if we wanted to and join friends who may be on there without having to sacrifice accounts just to play once with them and console players will be able to jump on pc and be able to play with their friends as well. and for security conserns 2FA will be the safety net atleast for PC players jumping in on consoles . also imagine if DE decided to make a Switch version of the game . you wouldn't want to start over for the possibly 3rd time in a row again.  

You know, DE probably would not object to full account transfers at will. Keep your customers happy and all that.

Sony and Microsoft however. Given that the PC and console builds are not the same, a universal login could never work. Because someone that has been playing on PC has stuff a console player cannot. Besides, if Sony and Microsoft allow account transferring (of any sort) they lose money.

Edit: you mention preventing people from using stuff they have spent resources on. That is an illogical system. Keep in mind, Mastery Rank. What happens if I hit MR25 on PC, then switch to console?

Edited by krc473

@krc473, what the OP was basically saying how DE could work in a PC login for Warframe for console builds, but due to the build differences and differences in content you wouldn't have everything you had on PC.

For a stereotypical example, The Sacrifice comes out on PC. I get Excal Umbra. I go on Console, which doesn't have that yet, and Excal Umbra doesn't show up in my inventory there at all.

How I perceive that Mastery Issue to be dealt with:

Spoiler

As for Mastery Rank, when you go on console and log in with your PC account on Warframe on console (as in, when you boot up Warframe on console, you have two login options: A: use Playstation/Xbox login (exclusive to respective consoles) or B: manual login. B allows you to log in with a PC account, as for PC, you'd also be able to enter your console login and just log in like that, but you won't be able to access exclusive skins and cosmetics), it would subtract the 'content that doesn't exist on this build's Mastery XP and if that causes you to go back a MR on your console side until that build gets that content, and when it does you automatically reclaim your lost MR XP and autoskip the MR test (like how we got free reputation rankups with the Operation Reputation for Plague Star).

Though its unfortunately true that Sony and Microsoft refuse any and all possible methods for PC accounts to be used on console builds of Warframe and vice-vera.

18 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

, what the OP was basically saying how DE could work in a PC login for Warframe for console builds, but due to the build differences and differences in content you wouldn't have everything you had on PC

I got that. I just cannot imagine many people wanting to go back to consoles. You lose (potentially great) gear for a while. It could be months, depending on cert and build times.

As for the MR suggestion. How likely is that to require a script from DE each time? Keep in mind that you would cause sync issues between the accounts, and DE only logs 30 days. I can see that there would be a very high possibility of encountering issues with it. The plague star standing change and refund bugged for many people. This is not a viable method (unless they can work out all the kinks). 

One last thing: dojo research. How would this work?

Edited by krc473

They talked about doing something similar a long time ago when Warframe just came out of closed Beta and they were working to port the game to consoles. It was pretty much impossible at the time, Microsoft and Sony would not allow such a thing and would drop support for XBone and Playstation in a heartbeat. They had to keep them happy so they could both make grofit. 

I would imagine so, at the state of the game currently, it would be even more impossible to do such a thing. The builds for consoles are behind on the PC, so that opens up a whole new Pandora's Box of bugs. As a programmer, I can not image the complications of programming how the accounts work on two different versions of the game, on multiple consoles, while keeping the transitioning streamlined. Just think about all the crap that's currently in the game now, and then which is exclusive to the platform, and then which isn't even released yet.

What I would like to see, however, is another migration opportunity. I believe in the past they allowed people to transfer accounts twice? I'd like to see that happen again, so some people on consoles can join the PC platform, of course at the cost of losing all of their console exclusives. And vice-versa.

Edited by ViolettaFoxx