Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Point Of Running 20+ Deffence Waves

Stilgar

So, what the point of running 20+ deffence waves now? You will have that same mods, same loot at wave 20 and at wave 50. Expirience? doh....It's much faster and easer to farm middle level mobile deffence like Kappa for exp.

the main reason why I don't like going high level defence that much: the wave rewards have too much chance to be ****... if it was set that at wave 15+ you'd be almost guaranteed to find better stuff and the best stuff at wave 25+, ok, then I might bother

as it stands now, I use kappa for xp and general mod / fusion core farming (to upgrade other mods). with a good party (like I had about 30mins ago) it was very easy to get 20k xp on a weapon I didn't even use. mid tier difficulty 5 mobile defence is so much better than most defence missions. more mobs, they don't level up, there's no downtime after you've killed a certain amount of enemies (they just keep coming until the timer finishes)

I'd like to see one of the next weekend challenges be prizes for defence missions. Wave 20, 30 40 50 60 and 70. Plus prize for Top 10 teams, because I am sure out these some people with get beyond 80.

It would be fun and challenging e.g. narcissus at wave 65, the enemies level is 358

How about an event where every 2 hours if the wave is 100% completed, the next wave set goes another 5 waves more than the last.  This would get away from the rusher style event rushing and introduce some real excitement and some actual possibility of failing on event missions.

High level defence waves are the hardest challenge in the game currently. It's fun to try and get as far as you can with a group of good friends, My aim to reach that elusive wave 100 and get into the triple wave digits, plus its such a great way tp level up weapons. Wave 50 on xini is enough to give you about 15 levels on a weapon from starting at around 10, warframes about 4 - 5 levels. Also the fact that you get all those loverly fusion cores to improve your mods with are very useful. 

man I can't imagine getting to 100.  wave 17 on xini is the hardest wave I've gotten to.  gotten to 25 on easier defense missions.  Was still easy but we were farming so took the reward at 25

But yea, defense missions are the best challenge in game.  totally fun!

I'll keep going if I don't like the rewards that have come up thus far. Or if there's some particular loot (Samples, for instance) that I'm farming for. Or if you have a really good group that could conceivably murder high-level waves (e.g. me in my Rhino, with 2 Novas and a Vauban).

The only reason I can think of is that more enemies spawn in a smaller amount of time. If you have a good enough team that means more XP, credits, and mods in a shorter amount of time. If you are just after the 5-wave rewards there is no reason.

My only objection to proceeding beyond the standard end-point of a defense map is that I'll retain NONE of my rewards, if I at any point fail the mission. So, let's say I'm playing a defense mission with my girlfriend, and her wifi craps out on wave 14... Awww... too bad, I got swarmed, couldn't defend the objective solo, and I get none of what I've managed to accumulate. 

I earned it, and logically, I should be able to keep it, for having gotten as far as I did.

My only objection to proceeding beyond the standard end-point of a defense map is that I'll retain NONE of my rewards, if I at any point fail the mission. So, let's say I'm playing a defense mission with my girlfriend, and her wifi craps out on wave 14... Awww... too bad, I got swarmed, couldn't defend the objective solo, and I get none of what I've managed to accumulate. 

I earned it, and logically, I should be able to keep it, for having gotten as far as I did.

Odd... I keep all my drops that I had from the previous extraction option but lose the drops from that point on.  So if you die at wave 14, you should still have everything you picked up from wave 1-10.

No, mods have large variance they do not start repeating past 20th wave. I went through 55 waves of xini to get my Banshee Helm, then it dropped at wave 15 same day, all repeatition I had was Barrel Diffusion streak at waves 10-15-20-25 then nothing else repeated.

Edited by KONAir

Odd... I keep all my drops that I had from the previous extraction option but lose the drops from that point on.  So if you die at wave 14, you should still have everything you picked up from wave 1-10.

I made wave 13 a little while back with the girlfriend, and we had NONE of our collected drops, when we finished.