The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth charger build help

(XBOX)Magnesium 360

Question

Hello. So I'm finally done with forma on my nidus and weapons. It's time to build my helminth charger. I've already matured him, customized appearance, upgrading kubrow segment and bought stabilizers. All I need now is mods. I'm a bit confused on how mods work for companions. My biggest issue was the lose of vacuum but I saw the MOD retrieve, however it says chesa kubrow. Same with some other mods I would really like for kubrows, it says a certain variant. Can I use these "variant" mods on my kubrow? I'm also looking at dig which is for a variant and a kavat MOD. I'm also looking at stats. My nidus has no shields. Will it hurt the combat of helminth charger to not use the shield link MOD. I presume the health link MOD will do more for him than other warframes considering I have high health. Will that be sufficient. Any advice on a helminth charger build would be most appreciated! Thanks tenno.

4 answers to this question

Variant mods for kubrows only work with their respective kubrow breed, think of it like sentinels and their individual abilities.  There are 5 kubrow breeds and 1 helminth. 

For more information on their individual traits see http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Kubrow

As to helminth build....

personally I do a similar build on all of my kubrow/helminth which basically revolves around health, armor, shield links, medi pet, shelter, maul, bite, animal instinct and then one or two of their individual ability mods plus another utility mod if there's space.  I haven't tried putting in a hunter mod yet but can't see me changing my builds that  much.  Actually thinking about it my kavats aren't much different if I'm honest.

Edited by LSG501

If im not mistaken Kubrow and Kavats have a mod similar to vacuum but i dont believe its anywhere near as good and i currently am drawing a blank on the name of it, also i may be thinking of the 1 u named thats breed specific

But also the way i look at it, sentinels for scanning or vacuum and Kavats and Kubrows for Damage

For damage most people will be seeking the Bite mod, the Maul mod, and if for kavat the Sharpen Claws mod

as far as shields to health, health is usually king as some damage types ignore shields anyway and some will drain shields faster

and ive never tried to put the shields mod on while having a character without them, i think inaros is currenlty my only 1 but id imagine you get no boost or a very little boost from it since its a shield link giving them a percentage bump to their shields based on yours and you have none (but either way i suppose if you got the space more shields is more shields lol)

Edited by Tokens210

Awesome. Thanks for all the advice. My only last question is, is operation plague star on console yet? Lol. I'm about to start second dream and I wanna complete war within before I hit PoE. I also saw the devs are doing a revisit to companions and sentinels, so hopefully they'll take out the breed specific or make a universal retrieve