The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is A Real Gun Too Much To Ask For?

simeo77

Your are correct. I don't want bullets to be more powerful, I just want want balance. Yesterday I was irritated after playing with the Vasto. I'll probably be irritated again if I play with the Vasto today.

What you said though is exactly what I mean:

Armor scales too fast for bullet element damage to remain competitive. I prefer the aesthetics and feel of a traditional firearm and it's disappointing how few are useful at higher levels.

Again, (I won't repeat myself about this....) I'm not trying to reskin the game to Call of Duty. It's annoying that some people are blowing this arguement off as that. Why would the developers even put "traditional" type firearms in the game if they did not intend for them to be used? They just released the Vasto. It's a brand new bullet gun. The Grakata is not that old. Why would they release a gun they just wanted to be a complete fail?

Obviously it was DE's intent for us to use bullet guns, otherwise the MK-1 Braton, Braton, Braton Vandel, and Braton Prime wouldn't be around. Same on Latron, Latron Prime, Grakata, Gorgon, Burston, Lato and AKLato, Viper, Twin Viper, Furis, AFuris, Lex, Vasto.

I prefer the feel of an AKLato or Vasto/Lex as a sidearm and Braton/Latron/Snipetron as a primary. Those are my 'favorite' guns and to say I only want to use them because I want to play Call of Duty is simply not true.

The "balance" you speak of here is spelled either Armor Ignore if you shoot for center mass, or headshots if you have the skill. If you lack skill, go armor ignore. That simple. If you want to excel with your favourite weapon, you have to learn how to properly use it and how to utilize it correctly against the factions in the game.

OP wants weapon which can oneshot anything, is pinpoint accurate, ammo efficient, got decent rof and low recoil.

And "dumping 45 rounds into a standard grineer units face at point blank with a fully upgraded/modded weapon is BS." doesnt happen unless you try yourself against impossible content (high endless defense waves)

Why are you putting words into my mouth? I don't want a one shot but it's insane when MY unforma'd Kunai will in fact kill an ancient in 4 shots and my double forma'd braton unloads almost two clips to kill one ancient. This with mods. That's stupid and it's no where near balance.

Heavily upgrading the conventional firearms doesn't fix the problem.

So you've upgraded it to the point where it competes with the non-forma'd AI weapons?  Opps, looks like the AI weapons are still vastly outperforming the conventional firearms when they get forma'd themselves.

Every upgrade you apply to the regular firearm in an attempt to compete on the same level as AI weapons can be applied to the AI weapon and always push the finish line further out of reach.

Exactly. If I forma my Braton 5 times to get it equal with my single forma'd Boltor why don't I just forma my Boltor 5 times instead and get higher damage rather than wasting my time and resources?

There is no balance. Headshots. No headshots. Damage mods, Forma. Etc. If I do the same thing to both weapons they will NEVER come out equivalent. 

Edit: To Cary2010haha: You're using a Braton Prime. Obviously it will/should do more damage. It's a prime weapon. We're talking standard here. You have Boltor which is a "12 hours later" weapon and Braton which is a "12 hours later weapon" (to compare apples to apples). They should both have similar dps/performance at high levels (not mid-levels), but the Boltor tremendously outperforms. So the question begs, "Why shouldn't I throw darts instead of bullets?" "Because I like bullets?" "Well then you'll always suck with bullets because everything the bullet gun can do at high levels the AP gun could do better."

I hope this makes sense.

Edited by simeo77

We've got lots of cool longswords! A shame they all suck. Ah well, I still love my Ether Sword!

And i must strongly disagree! Some of the guns have elegance to them... well definitely not the Ogris but still. I find every gun that fires semi-automatic or short bursts to be quite elegant, double so if they require accurate headshots to be effective. Nothing beats the satisfaction of landing a whole magazine of rapid, non-zommed headshots, all on sepperate targets from a Lex or something similar. Well maybe a bow. But it's still nice.

Currently only the Snipetron, the Snipe Vandal and Lanka are the near instant hit (lanka projectile flies twice as fast as the new Dera, it is hit scan at all but the longest range) weapons with armor piercing / serrated blade damage.

A Braton that fires armor ignoring bullets on automatic will absolutely dominate the game due to hit scan while most AP / AI have some disadvantages mainly travel time and arc. 

But AI and AP scaling should be a separated issue and I believed DE is already aware how broken this is at higher scaling.

I have a non-supercharged Bolto,at rank 29. I lean on it. I don't need anything else. Sure you need to lead the target (think of it as subsonic AP rounds),but the damage is impressive,with a decent fire rate and mag size. And it ignores armour,which means less mods points used to make up for shortcomings. My Bolto has an unranked Deep Freeze,rank one Ammo Mutator,rank three Hornet Strike,rank one Barrel Diffusion (lucky me),and a rank four Trick Mag. All-in-all,most of my mods are utility. I have the Deep Freeze to slow the victim down,the Hornet Strike buffs damage,but it'd be serviceable without it,the Ammo Mutator keeps me stocked up,the Barrel Diffusion gives me a CHANCE at double damage,and the Trick Mag is another way to display my fear of running out of ammo.

Before that,the Lato was perfectly serviceable.

Mods are the key to make any weapon (except for the Grakata) something great. And,really,what's wrong with a laser,or a missile launcher? Quite frankly,the modern game market is FLOODED with games about bullet-throwers. Gimme a BFG! Gimme a Winchester Plasma Caster! Gimme an Ogris!

From my observations,you simply want Warframe to be a reskin of Call of Duty/Battlefield/Generic Shooter XIII. Variety is good. You want a good bullet hose? Latron Prime. 25% chance to crit with a max level Point Strike. That alone makes it worth while. Make your gear cover itself. My Bolto will cover my Latron Prime's inability to pierce armour. My Latron Prime will be used to hit distant enemies. My Hate/Scindo will disperse entire crowds.

You have three weapons slots,each can be blessed with weapons that aren't just some bog standard bullet dispenser. Warframe is something new,with a spirit of something old. Revel in it.

/thread