The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burn And Remove The Slow Death Animations.

Rettycombine

The slow death animations are overly dramatic, boring and has no place in a game like warframe, the game is supposed to be fast paced, enemies are supposed to fly away like they actually got hit point blank by a shotgun, not re enact planet of the apes, Don't believe me that they are slow? getting a slow death animation on the last enemy in a extermination mission can take 10 seconds before they register as dead and go down, and lets not forget that the death animations are affected by cry ammo, and that it also applies to melee.

Aside from extermination missions, this complaint makes no sense. You aren't forced to stare at them. If they are the last person on extermination just head off to the exit while he dies. Extermination missions are a lot more linear compared to other missions so just look for the door you haven't come from and you're good.

nothing to say except i agree, ancients look really stupid flailing their arms around before dying, and it makes it harder to save ammo or to kill faster because when people are spamming stuff like bastille and snow globe and other powers that make visual effects which blind your sight, its harder to notice when something dies without having to constantly stare at their health bar. They seriously need to stop being overdramatic and just drop the ef dead.

Aside from extermination missions, this complaint makes no sense. You aren't forced to stare at them. If they are the last person on extermination just head off to the exit while he dies. Extermination missions are a lot more linear compared to other missions so just look for the door you haven't come from and you're good.

It's like you don't even play the game...

I think the death animations are fine. If anything we need to have more consistent ones--it's a bit odd to see people slowly drop to their knees after a straight hit from a bazooka, and go flying when hit with a thrown knife.

This.

There honestly isn't much wrong with the current death animations, and it's your fault for not recognizing or focusing on how much health they have left.

The long death animations on giant Grineer enemies turns them into riot shields that soak up Tenno bullets while still allowing their allies to shoot through them.  I don't mind the animations, but I don't want them to remain as valid landing points for bullets and projectiles while doing so.  Unintentional one-way cover is bad.

got 750 hours under my belt. Do you play the game?

proof: http://puu.sh/3PMqP.jpg

Joking note: Who the !@#$ gives a !@#$ about your playtime if it's not over the THOUSANDS?

Do you care about that My playtime is only 120hours?

Serious note: Slow death motion is annoying, espicially when i'm looking at mini-map with sonar/enemy rader to identify where enemy is and which is enemy and is it enough to SPAM THOSE AOE SKILLZ! or not.

I hope they will remove it or let the red points in mini-map disappear when they just died, not when they just stopped slow-dying.

Edited by WhiteNekophus

The long death animations on giant Grineer enemies turns them into riot shields that soak up Tenno bullets while still allowing their allies to shoot through them.  I don't mind the animations, but I don't want them to remain as valid landing points for bullets and projectiles while doing so.  Unintentional one-way cover is bad.

+++

Love trying to use my supra on a wave of infested only to have the corpses in the front row soak up half the shots.

Still not as bad as Vor's current death animation.

Eh, his animation's not that bad, at least you can just jolt out and not see, and he won't be clogging the walkway for other enemies to shoot through. But the scream... THE SCREAM!

Also tends to cause issues in CQC as the camera likes to go nuts when you walk through a corpse that decided to do the "flailing on fire" animation while also slowed from frost. And in a massive cluster of infested it's especially bad when you can hardly tell what's alive and what's dead from the writhing, screaming mass of flesh.

They just need to make it so that you can shoot through bodies.  I don't care how slow the death animations are, just stop blocking my bullets for 5+ seconds with a corpse slowed by frost damage.

but on the other hand, the "obstacles" could be part of the "difficulty" of the game? in that tactically, it block bullets for its former friends further behind.

Also, this may actually make future extensions of "penetrating" weapons meaningful (there are some already in place, though I feel that the system is still no stable). i.e. if we use conventional weapon and get a "blocking corpse", we will need to wait or move such that we can bypass it. But if we have an AOE or weapon capable of penetration, then we can happily continue to attack through the corpse at other targets behind. For impact triggered AOE weapons (like Ogris/Torid), we can even use the blocking corpse as an impact point (not saying that this is a good tactic, but just saying that it has POSSIBLE use).