Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox One X Enhancements??

(XBOX)TaintedMatty

Any chance we'll be seeing a Xbox One X enhanced version of Warframe??

After playing so many games in 4K and HDR since its release, i'd love to see warframe join the list...

It already runs better on the X, but i'd love 4k assets, and maybe some extra tweaks to make use of the additional power... I would LOVE to see HDR support as well, but i feel as though that may be asking for too much...

40 minutes ago, (Xbox One)F34RTH15P41N said:

It already runs better on the X,

Can you elaborate - been trying to get a definitive answer on this.

Does it

• Load Warframe from dashboard faster?
  • Load into missions faster?
  • Leave missions back to ship faster?
  • Handle busy relays like Cetus better?
  • Have less lag? - Obviously sometimes or even most of the time lag will be network related but is definitely sometimes FPS drops
  • Host better? (Less lag spike when others join squad, less lag when hacking terminals in busy rooms, general FPS etc...)

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

Can you elaborate - been trying to get a definitive answer on this.

Most of the below questions have to do with network and connectivity concerns. I will say the overall gameplay once loaded has been smooth, the game just runs better. I came from an Xbox One, not an S, so it was a substantial upgrade.

Does it

• Load Warframe from dashboard faster?\
    •  It still has to connect up to the servers, but I think there is a shorter amount of time to start up and hit the first and second A buttons.
  • Load into missions faster?
    • Same, still delayed in contacting the servers, though I have noticed I do tend to load in faster than everyone else now. I am normally able to get going prior to most others.  
  • Leave missions back to ship faster?
    • Again, everyone is connected up to the server, and there will still be delays.
  • Handle busy relays like Cetus better?
    • It does seem less jerky when you drop into a busy server like Cetus, or around Baro
  • Have less lag? - Obviously sometimes or even most of the time lag will be network related but is definitely sometimes FPS drops
    • Yes, you can certainly tell during busy fights, loads of enemies the machine doesn't bog down like an original Xbox One. The graphics seems to look better too, just the overall gameplay.
  • Host better? (Less lag spike when others join squad, less lag when hacking terminals in busy rooms, general FPS etc...)
    • This would tend to be a network issue, not a machine issue.

• 1 month later...

Hope it's OK for me to bump an older thread like this.

I know Warframe had been listed as a title with upcoming Xbox One X enhancements, but since that report a few months ago there hasn't been any further word about it. I'm also wondering if there's any sort of ETA at this point and what kind of enhancements we might expect.

I would love to at least have the option to use 4K resolution even if the FPS has to drop. Though the standard version being locked at what appears to be 60fps is pretty nice. Maybe some fancy AA if 4K isn't an option?

As for the other questions, I definitely load from the dashboard and into the game faster than my buddies on a standard Xbone, I also definitely load into missions faster. When additional pubbies join our party, he almost always has a pause for a moment when they drop into the game whereas I barely have a hitch.

• 2 months later...