Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Razorback droprate

Callback

3 hours ago, Callback said:

With keysharing disabled (it now consumes everyone's regardless of who uses it) 1% for the dual-heat AW mods is far too low.

It's really not. 100 missions should get you both mods, that's 100 missions over 5 or 6 razorbacks. These are the rewards that shoudl induce you to save the relay not just this time but the next few times as well, and if they are that rare, to sell them after that, some people might keep farming them. Without a reward that is super rare, who would save the relays?

23 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

It's really not. 100 missions should get you both mods, that's 100 missions over 5 or 6 razorbacks. These are the rewards that shoudl induce you to save the relay not just this time but the next few times as well, and if they are that rare, to sell them after that, some people might keep farming them. Without a reward that is super rare, who would save the relays?

Aside from that not being the reason, the low droprate is actually counterproductive to that goal.

Having it farmable at a reasonable rate, say at least 5%, would encourage players to run and farm it.  Every time it returns there would be players who need it farming for these mods.

Having it impossibly rare and locked behind insane resource and nav grindwalls means nobody is going to bother.  At best they do their 3 for a potato and abandon the event.

Maybe if runs were free or significantly cheaper (1 ALU per run no resource cost) the low rate might be acceptable?  But as it is it's a terrible RoI and highly discouraging.  Nobody is running for these things.  Will the relay suffer for this lack of runs?  Who knows?  DE rigs the bars anyway, they can rig it either way this time.

On 12/1/2017 at 12:54 PM, Callback said:

Aside from that not being the reason, the low droprate is actually counterproductive to that goal.

Having it farmable at a reasonable rate, say at least 5%, would encourage players to run and farm it.  Every time it returns there would be players who need it farming for these mods.

Having it impossibly rare and locked behind insane resource and nav grindwalls means nobody is going to bother.  At best they do their 3 for a potato and abandon the event.

Maybe if runs were free or significantly cheaper (1 ALU per run no resource cost) the low rate might be acceptable?  But as it is it's a terrible RoI and highly discouraging.  Nobody is running for these things.  Will the relay suffer for this lack of runs?  Who knows?  DE rigs the bars anyway, they can rig it either way this time.

The number of people selling the mods proves you wrong. C;early people have done enough runs to get multiple copies of them. I got mine on the last razorback. I still did 10 or so runs of this one to see if i could get some to sell. If I got 5 of each mod last time, instead of 1 of each mod last time (as your 5% would have given me) I would have ONLY done the 3 and out this time because the mods would have not been worth selling. everyone willing to pay for them would have just farmed them.

On 30/11/2017 at 3:44 PM, Callback said:

With keysharing disabled (it now consumes everyone's regardless of who uses it) 1% for the dual-heat AW mods is far too low.

Tell me about it...

I did about 70 runs (might have actually been more) last time this was here and so far I've done 39 runs this time... I still don't have searing steel and only have managed to get 1 magma chamber.  The most annoying this is that I got all but searing steel last time so I've basically done 39 runs trying to get just one mod and out of those runs iirc I've had 2, yes 2, puncture mods....you only need one set of gorgon wraith parts to make it, not 20 full sets (plus some spare parts).. just checked and I've had about 100 gorgon parts out of my 110+ runs

RNG is not fun at the best of times but 1% drop rate is beyond a joke.  I, like many others, don't want to have to spend their entire gaming time trying to get one mod and it's not just the razorback fight we need to do, we also need to farm for the alu to create the ciphers. 

DE, everyone liked the store approach of plague star and ambulas reborn... stop with the stupid rng (you'd be sick of it after over 100 runs too) on events like this and allow us to just grab what we want rather than need to run it over and over again. 

21 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

The number of people selling the mods proves you wrong. C;early people have done enough runs to get multiple copies of them. I got mine on the last razorback. I still did 10 or so runs of this one to see if i could get some to sell. If I got 5 of each mod last time, instead of 1 of each mod last time (as your 5% would have given me) I would have ONLY done the 3 and out this time because the mods would have not been worth selling. everyone willing to pay for them would have just farmed them.

Just because some people have lucked into the rng lottery, potentially multiple times, doesn't mean that 1% drop chance is ok and you're also forgetting some may have got searing steel from the original event where it was a straight up reward for getting 10 points so any they get this time would be a spare.

On 12/3/2017 at 1:56 PM, LSG501 said:

Just because some people have lucked into the rng lottery, potentially multiple times, doesn't mean that 1% drop chance is ok and you're also forgetting some may have got searing steel from the original event where it was a straight up reward for getting 10 points so any they get this time would be a spare.

No luck, odds. At 1% I got both, because i did the razorback enough times to make it likely. At 5% i would have likely gotten 5x as many. I see no luck there, good or bad. 1% drop rate means doing the razorback 10 runs, 10 times over the course of your WF experience. That's not alot to ask to do 10 runs to save the relays 10 times (or 20 runs 5 times) and it's more likely you will get them sooner than that.

4 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

No luck, odds. At 1% I got both, because i did the razorback enough times to make it likely. At 5% i would have likely gotten 5x as many. I see no luck there, good or bad. 1% drop rate means doing the razorback 10 runs, 10 times over the course of your WF experience. That's not alot to ask to do 10 runs to save the relays 10 times (or 20 runs 5 times) and it's more likely you will get them sooner than that.

Well I did 120+ runs over the last 2 showings, if I'd only done a few each time I wouldn't be complaining but I did well over 100 and still didn't manage to get searing steel.  I was 'lucky' in as much as I managed to get a second magma chamber right near the end so in the end I had to trade for it.  The fact I was able to trade for it still doesn't change the fact that I should not need to do over 100 runs of the same repetitive, resource hungry thing to get a SINGLE mod thats for archwing....

Hell in this showing even the puncture mods weren't dropping that high either. 

Edited by LSG501

23 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Well I did 120+ runs over the last 2 showings, if I'd only done a few each time I wouldn't be complaining but I did well over 100 and still didn't manage to get searing steel.  I was 'lucky' in as much as I managed to get a second magma chamber right near the end so in the end I had to trade for it.  The fact I was able to trade for it still doesn't change the fact that I should not need to do over 100 runs of the same repetitive, resource hungry thing to get a SINGLE mod thats for archwing....

Hell in this showing even the puncture mods weren't dropping that high either. 

The plural or anecdote is not data.

Doing 75 runs or so to get both isn't an obscene thing to ask.

2 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

The plural or anecdote is not data.

Doing 75 runs or so to get both isn't an obscene thing to ask.

ok clearly you're just going to ignore the fact that I did 120, not 75, and still did not get one of the drops.  That is excessive and unnecessary grind in any normal persons eyes.  You can carry on with your personal view thinking it's fine or trying to make out your original comment was right, but I don't think it's acceptable to spend the amount of time I spent grinding for the resources (because we can only get them during the event too) and then farming for the item....and I doubt I'm not the only one who had this situation. 

And before you put one of the many 'rng' images the problem is being caused BECAUSE of the rng drop rates and the continued use of rng to give out rewards instead of the 'reward store' like operation plague star etc.  It wasn't down to the resources or the mission type it was due to the overly high % drop rate on gorgon wraith parts and stupidly low 1% drop chance on archwing mods. 

8 hours ago, LSG501 said:

ok clearly you're just going to ignore the fact that I did 120, not 75, and still did not get one of the drops.  That is excessive and unnecessary grind in any normal persons eyes.  You can carry on with your personal view thinking it's fine or trying to make out your original comment was right, but I don't think it's acceptable to spend the amount of time I spent grinding for the resources (because we can only get them during the event too) and then farming for the item....and I doubt I'm not the only one who had this situation. 

And before you put one of the many 'rng' images the problem is being caused BECAUSE of the rng drop rates and the continued use of rng to give out rewards instead of the 'reward store' like operation plague star etc.  It wasn't down to the resources or the mission type it was due to the overly high % drop rate on gorgon wraith parts and stupidly low 1% drop chance on archwing mods. 

There is always one person with bad luck, when it is RNG based you really have to look at, and talk about, the averages. When DE makes a drop rate it has to work for the average. Again, your anecdote, is not data. Most people would get both in under 100 runs. Some will get lucky some will get unlucky, but if the drop rate works well for the unlucky ones then the market will be flooded and the item will not be valued, and the incentive to save the relays evaporates. Those mods are not necessary to have, If you don't want to grind for them don't, but the grind for them, on average, is not obscene. This back and forth has run its course.