Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supplement to The Great Plains of Eidolon Feedback Survey

(PSN)Unstar

Before going any further, please fill out the Great Plains of Eidolon Feedback Survey!

If you're like me, there were a few questions in the survey where you wished you could have explained why you chose a specific answer.  Or maybe there was a question about a topic that you wanted to give an answer to, but it wasn't asked.

The purpose of this thread is to create a space where survey-takers can supplement their survey answers with actual words that they think will be helpful to the DE team in understanding their answers.  Please keep feedback constructive!

Overall, how much do you enjoy Cetus as a hub for the Plains of Eidolon?

My rating was fairly low because of how slow Cetus is.  I'm assuming it's because of all the players, as this happens in relays as well.  When I'm trying to navigate the winding stalls of Cetus, it's difficult and a bit nauseating because my movement is so "stuttery".  If I want to change my equipment, it takes a very long time to load the Arsenal; about 20% of the time it will just try to load forever and I'll have to give up.  With Cetus the way it is now, given the choice I would prefer to not go there between every bounty; I would rather just choose a bounty from my Orbiter.

Overall, how much do you enjoy completing Bounties?

I rated this fairly highly, but my score was lowered because unlike normal missions, finishing a bounty doesn't finish the area.  Host migrations, trying to convince all the other members to come to the gate, or just wanting to stay out and enjoy the plains.  Everyone is going to have different priorities now that the one agreed upon goal is gone, thus creating a situation that's ripe for unpleasantness.

Overall, how much do you enjoy fishing?

I rated this very low.  I actually like throwing spears at fish.  But to get more advanced fish, I have to make special baits, and some of those baits require specific fish as well.  Additionally, many fish are only available at certain times of day.  It gets way too complicated for me, having to catch specific fish at certain times so I can make a bait to catch a specific fish at a certain time, and so on.  Fishing also just doesn't naturally fit into the other activities available in Warframe.  All other resource gathering in Warframe (besides mining) can be done by doing things in normal missions without abandoning the rest of your group for long periods.

Overall, how much do you enjoy mining?

I rated this fairly highly, as I mining doesn't use up limited resources or require daisy chains to get high-level resources.  However, the score is lowered for what it shares in common with fishing: that it doesn't meld naturally with the other activities in Warframe.  If we're doing a bounty, and I decide to gather rocks, that's going to split the party.  Incentivizing splitting the party is bad for any team dynamic.

Overall, how much do you enjoy fighting Eidolons?

I rated this in the middle.  I actually think a lot of aspects of the Teralyst make it one of the better boss fights that DE has created.  However, I'm disappointed with how few Warframes feel appropriate to fight it with.  It's not impossible to win with any Warframe, but Chroma and Trinity offer drastic advantages, while some Warframes end up with most or all of their abilities having no effect on the Teralyst.  Part of what I love about Warframe is all the choices I have of what to play with, but I feel like this fight makes using all but a few Warframes a choice that's roughly as valid as entering a mission with no mods.  And unfortunately, the community runs with this imbalance and propagates it, demanding very rigid team setups.  And why wouldn't they, because it saves a lot of time and effort if these two frames are used.