Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potential sound options for sirens?

AeneasofTroy

I'm actually asking this on behalf of a good friend of mine who recently decided to start playing Warframe. They absolutely love the game but there's one major thing with the sound design that has caused them a lot of distress. The sirens that play at the start of Defense missions (and as well the Night Evacuation Sirens on the Plains) are extremely alarming to them and their first few accidental exposures have caused panic attacks. We've been helping them navigate through the star chart but overwhelmingly their uncompleted nodes are defense missions and we aren't always available to do a mission with them any time they need to do a defense mission (alerts, invasions, leveling).

Would it ever be possible for a setting in the sound options to mute, muffle, notably distort, or even provide a different sound for the sirens present in the game?

I suppose the siren isn't in for quite a while, until players are kind of lost in a mission as in what to do.
The siren is meant to alert players to defend an objective, which I don't know why the attacking party would actually sound the siren.

It is strange enough consider unless you are trained in military that you are suppose to response to a siren
with a contact drill that means going for nearest cover and guns up in any possible directions enemies can attack from.
Most people are trained to evacuate and seek shelter.

When i hear sirens, i plug my ears and ready my net while gettin awkward boner.

But hey....Doesn't gunfire and all that stuff trigger these friends of yours? I mean....they react to siren, but are completely alright with gun noises?

Not that i mind an option to turn sirens off.....but its just kinda weird.