Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gambit: The gambler warframe from my dream.

Trenggiling

Hi thanks for reading.

On the final day of operation plague star I spent the last few hours of the night mindlessly running the event over and over again, trying to get as much cheap forma as I could before it ended.
Eventually though I had to call it quits and finally go to bed.

That night I had a dream that DE had released a new warframe.
It was a fun dream, and the warframe it depicted actually seemed pretty good, so I decided what the heck why not post the idea on the forums?

However before I continue, I should mention that my dream only showed him use two of his abilities, so I had to come up with his 2 and 4 while I was awake.  
I also had to name, and put numbers to everything except his passive.

=====Terminology=====

Spoiler

SWPE: Stands for scales with power efficiency.

SWPR: Stands for scales with power range.

SWPS: Stands for scales with power strength.

SWPD: Stands for scales with power duration.

SIWPD: Stands for scales inversely with power duration.

=====Gambit=====

iiBf1vR.png

Okay... Technically he looked like this in my dream, but I like the other coloration better.

xhMxZpC.png

=====Stats=====

Health: 80 - 240
Shields: 100 - 300
Armor: 250
Energy: 100 - 150
Speed: 1.0

=====Passive=====

All of Gambit’s weapons have a 1% chance to deal 100% of an enemy's max health as finisher damage per hit.

=====1:  Charms Of Fortune=====

Cost: 25 energy SWPE. 
Toggle Drain: 3 energy per second SWPE + SWPD.

Gambit surrounds himself with 14 charms that attach themselves to nearby enemies at random within a 9/11/13/15 SWPR meter radius of him.
Each charm corresponds to a particular damage type, and they increase the damage enemies take from it by 100/200/300/400% SWPS while attached.
Except for the “lucky one” which increases all damage by 200/300/400/500% SWPS.

Attached charms will return to Gambit, after 5 seconds, when the affected enemy dies, or once Gambit moves out of range.
An enemy can only be affected by 1 charm at a time.
Toggling the ability off will dismiss all currently active charms.
Gambit can still regen energy while this is toggled on, but it is automatically turned off when he starts to bleed out.

6s01vKS.png

=====2: Lucky Streak=====

Cost: 50 energy SWPE. 

Gambit places a permanent ward on himself that restores 50 SWPS health, and 25/40/55/70% SWPS of his max shields whenever his shields are depleted. 
Each time this effect triggers the ward has a chance to fail and be destroyed, starting at 0% when cast and increasing by 30% SIWPD with each successful proc.

Lucky Streak can be reactivated at any time to return the fail chance to 0%.

=====3: Spinning Fate=====

Cost: 75 energy SWPE. 

Gambit creates a 14 piece spinning roulette wheel around himself for 10/15/20/25 SWPD seconds.
Each wedge on the roulette wheel adds 15/30/45/60% SWPS additional damage of its particular damage type to your weapons while your target reticle is horizontally aligned with it.
Except for the “lucky one” which increases all weapon damage by 30/60/90/120% SWPS.

The wheel spins faster when standing still, and slower when moving.
The orientation of the wheel is independent of your camera movements, so you could keep one type of damage amp for longer by turning your camera to match the rotation of the wheel.
Or you could get to other wedges quicker by turning against the spin of the wheel.
Your target reticle will change color to indicate what wedge is currently in effect, (this didn't happen in my dream, but I think it would be a nice touch of clarity anyway.) 

UUZKKXS.jpgOlhbUL2.jpg

=====4: Deadly Wager=====

Cost: 20 energy SWPE. 
Toggle Drain: 20/15/10/5 energy per second SWPE + SWPD.

While active Gambit deals 50% less damage with weapons, and gains greed equal to 100/150/200/250% SWPS of the damage he deals.
When Gambit’s total greed exceeds the combined health of all enemies within a 13/17/21/25 SWPR meter radius, then all enemies within range are killed and Gambit’s greed is reduced by an amount equal to their combined health.

Gambit can still regen energy with deadly wager on, but it is automatically turned off when he starts to bleed out.
When disabled, deadly wager remains for 4 seconds as its range rapidly shrinks until it is gone.
Previously stacked greed will be retained for the next time the ability is activated.

Anyway that's it folks, thanks for your time.

Edited by Trenggiling

16 hours ago, Etomb said:

Couldn't keep track of all the abbreviations/acronyms, but I got the general idea.

I like it.

Sorry my bad. 

I really should have put the terminology in the OP.

Give me a sec.

Edit: Done.

Edited by Trenggiling

Il y a 8 heures, Trenggiling a dit :

How so?

For now, 1st and 3rd power area really similar and supposed to synergize, but imply too much random, even if it's the intial goal of the warframes.
4th power also seems a bit out of place.

I have some ideas to suggest in order to give it a bit more variety while still fit the theme.
I can write the detailed changes I would do if you want.

The idea is really interesting but I feel the name Gambit has been used in every luck related warframe concept, maybe something more into mythology and less into comic books?

Just a thought but maybe you can use some names of the Chinese luck deities  

Ebisu, Daikokuten, Bishamonten, Benzaiten, Fukurokuju, Jurōjin, Hotei, Kichijōten

Even just parts of the names can be pretty good warframe names like Daiko 

Nice work on the abilities though you got my +1

Edited by Helios1414

22 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

For now, 1st and 3rd power area really similar and supposed to synergize, but imply too much random, even if it's the intial goal of the warframes.
4th power also seems a bit out of place.

I have some ideas to suggest in order to give it a bit more variety while still fit the theme.
I can write the detailed changes I would do if you want.

I suppose you could if you want.

However, I don't see myself changing his 1 or 3 as they were the abilities he had in my dream.

21 hours ago, Helios1414 said:

The idea is really interesting but I feel the name Gambit has been used in every luck related warframe concept, maybe something more into mythology and less into comic books?

Just a thought but maybe you can use some names of the Chinese luck deities  

Ebisu, Daikokuten, Bishamonten, Benzaiten, Fukurokuju, Jurōjin, Hotei, Kichijōten

Even just parts of the names can be pretty good warframe names like Daiko 

Nice work on the abilities though you got my +1

I was thinking more chess then comics but ya I see your point.

Chinese luck deities sound like they would be a good place to draw a name from.

If I knew anything about Chinese mythology that is. XD

10 hours ago, Trenggiling said:

I was thinking more chess then comics but ya I see your point.

Chinese luck deities sound like they would be a good place to draw a name from.

If I knew anything about Chinese mythology that is. XD

Maybe we could draw on other mythologies; the game is not exclusively Chinese themed, (Oberon, the fae king, for example).

I suggest Gad as a name, especially because your concept art makes him look middle-Eastern in origin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gad_(deity)

Also, the passive puts an unfair emphasis on rapid-fire weapons.