Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate missions and medals

DroopingPuppy

In the Syndicate missions, you can gather up to 8 medals. But isn't it annoying? Unless you are make a solo game and want to destroy every single item caches in the game and find out every single one on the mission, there is no proof that the teammates are also agreed on this(usually many of them does, though). Also, in order to farm this you need to search through the map, in every single missions, to find eight items not just one such as the shards. And you will have about nine missions to do the same each days.

It is not only annoying, but also requires to use too much time to finish them all.

And even if you want to find out that, but if all the other teammates are picked the medal before you are loaded you can't pickup it at all as the other items, and you can't even know how it happens too.

I think that it is better to remove the medals on the map, and instead of this drop the medal on the target of capture/rescue, object on the defense/mobile defense/excavation/interception, and on the enemy at the extermination. Else they may give us medals instead of direct reputation bonus on finish the mission.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

>_> it's a scavenger hunt...  You don't need to do them to get reputation, and if you do go through them you'll get to a point where you have so many medals stashed you'll only do those missions if you feel like having a little fun hunting for shinies.

The ideas in the OP just make the missions...bland.  At least doing the syndicate missions grant extra rep already.  The medals are just extra.

1 minute ago, Nighttide77 said:

>_> it's a scavenger hunt...  You don't need to do them to get reputation, and if you do go through them you'll get to a point where you have so many medals stashed you'll only do those missions if you feel like having a little fun hunting for shinies.

The ideas in the OP just make the missions...bland.  At least doing the syndicate missions grant extra rep already.  The medals are just extra.

We have to, actually. You may say that it is an extra objective, but in the reality we have to get them all because you can't play it again and have a second chance to gather it again. And search for the medals makes the game very slow and only results destroy every single room which is only annoying.

3 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

We have to, actually. You may say that it is an extra objective, but in the reality we have to get them all because you can't play it again and have a second chance to gather it again. And search for the medals makes the game very slow and only results destroy every single room which is only annoying.

-_- why do you have to?  Your response doesn't seem to explain the need to gather the medals, unless I'm not seeing something.

On 12/5/2017 at 4:47 AM, DroopingPuppy said:

It is not only annoying, but also requires to use too much time to finish them all.

That's the whole point about medals.  You optionally choose to sacrifice more time & effort finding them to get a lot more standing from them. They're not supposed to be super conveniently easy to acquire. This is balance.

And use mods like Loot Radar/ Thief's Wit / Animal Instinct. They make finding them so easy that after doing syndicate missions on all tile sets a couple of times, you will eventually memorize all their fixed potential spawn locations, fetching them won't take that much time at all.

39 minutes ago, MystMan said:

That's the whole point about medals.  You optionally choose to sacrifice more time & effort finding them to get a lot more standing from them. They're not supposed to be super conveniently easy to acquire. This is balance.

And use mods like Loot Radar/ Thief's Wit / Animal Instinct. They make finding them so easy that after doing syndicate missions on all tile sets a couple of times, you will eventually memorize all their fixed potential spawn locations, fetching them won't take that much time at all.

I am always using Thief's Wit and smashing every single (possible) item boxes what I can see by Ignis when I run a Syndicate mission all the times already.

Then what's the problem? In a farming game, the more rewards you want, the more time you are expected to invest in farming.  That's how we all have been doing it for years. Use Loki, who is one of the fastest frames, stay invisible and just run from room A to room B.  If you need to do it faster, then visually sweep the map room by room instead of actively removing and picking up every item from your radar. 

I enter an area and see all the items on my radar, I visually identify them all from far away as containers or dropped loot, ignore them then move on. I pick up a medal if I see/find one. Running back and forth picking everything up and destroying all crates in a room just to "clean" the radar map obviously takes  too much time.

You're using Ignis + Vacuum (I assume) + Thief's Wit, that is definitely the fastest way to do it. And it really is fast enough.

I don't recommend pub runs for medal hunting at all, unless it's a specific defense/interception map you know has no medal spawns. Like you mentioned, joining a game in progress eliminates your chance of picking up medals already taken by the host player due to the game mechanics. Doing them solo is the best timesaver. I know many people don't like this "play solo" advice but that's the way it is. There's no avoiding it if you want a guarantee getting all medals; or you need to be lucky to have a dedicated group of friends to play with who hunt medals every day at specific times.

And like I said earlier, it may seem like it takes too much time at first, but keep doing it and you will memorize all the fixed possible spawn locations of the medals for each tile sets.  I barely rely on my thief's wit + animal instinct anymore. I enter an area and I already know where the medals can possibly spawn. I go in a straight line to these locations to check them out and run on to the next room.

And you think that everyone can memorize all the maps and all the locations? I will not say I can't, but I don't think that it applies to everyone either.

Anyway it is very boring job to simply dstroying every single caches on the map... and you need to do that for nine times for a day(or lower because some of them are defense or interception mission).

Also medals are like as convergence orbs; it may made as an 'extra' benefit but in fact it is the basic requirement.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

You get the freedom to pick two choices:

• Spent more time searching the medals for their extra standing.
  • Spent less time speed-running the missions just getting the base mission standing reward.

You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. Those who spend the extra time finding medals deserve to have more standing than those who don't. That's the whole idea behind an optional scavenging task in a F2P game, to get you to spend more time playing. It's been like this for years and until now I have never seen anybody complain about it.

Reach extraction point and you have 6/8 medals but you don't want to go back?  Then extract!  You still have 6 more random tier medals than somebody else who rushed through the map. You must have all medals at all times?  Congrats, you have OCD, we can't help you.

If somebody else can't memorize the locations?  Well, that's not really our problem now is it?  Every challenge out there in existence is difficult for one person and a cakewalk for another. It's not possible to please everybody because we all have our own individual limits.

Boring?  That's subjective. There is plenty of content in WF that group A finds boring but Group B enjoys and vice versa.
I have done these syndicate missions so many times because I enjoy searching for hidden stuff as I run bullet-jump through the maps really fast finding all medals without it ever feeling I'm wasting my time or taking too long to finish. The key is simply: Do everything fast, let Vacuum sort them out.