The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Crash After Replacing Graphics Card

Amoren_Kitsune

Hello, recently my old graphics card suffered a hard ware fault and needed to be replaced. I grabbed an RX560 because it was in my price range and because it should perform reasonable well for any game I'd like to play. However, since installing the new card I've had the game crash on me unexpectedly, whether I'm in a mission or on the orbiter, and regardless of what graphic settings I seem to have the game set to. When it crashes the game window seems to become completely transparent (making me think that it alt tabbed at first) but still has control over the window - however I can easily alt tab and close the application without issue and everything else runs fine. Until these crashes everything else seems to run perfectly.

I've already tried updating to the newest graphics driver available for the card (1.7.4) and the issue persists (was at 1.7.1 before). I'm curious if there is any known compatability issues between the card and Warframe, or if not troubleshooting that seems to be the cause of the issue.

Update: Having it set to Windowed Mode causes the screen to momentarily go black, then the window to go completely white, rather than transparent.

Edited by Amoren_Kitsune

Further update: Still having the issue, I've also verified the game's files. It seems that in Windowed mode after it crashes, I can still hear the events of the game, but the window is still white. It does also seem that I'm still connected, as squad mates don't see me disconnect until after I announced I've crashed (and thus quit the game), but this could be latency. Before then, it looks like I'm just standing still.

I'd suggest getting DDU and doing a complete, fresh install of the latest video drivers. If you go and just do Clean and Restart and then reinstall the drivers it will probably fix these issues. I remember when I had TDR crashes like this that doing a clean install of my drivers would pretty much always fix it.

Thanks for the tip, I gave the DDU and fresh driver install a try but it doesn't seem to solve the issue, I'll give it another chance just in case I buggered something up with the new install.

Edit: On the flip side, the last two crashes I got happened earlier, and were true crashes as warframe's crash report tool popped up. So there's that? That could be coincidence however.

Edited by Amoren_Kitsune