Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage needs to be a cohesive frame.

(XBOX)Ivan of Jupiter

Now what I’m suggesting isn’t a “rework” of her abilities, but slight changes to make her more appealing beyond, “I can make clones”. 

Right now her key abilities are Hall of Mirrors and Eclipse. Prism sees some use, but only in certain situations. And I have yet to try out Sleight of Hand since it’s update so I’ll reserve judgement for that ability once I’ve tested it extensively.

HALL OF MIRRORS: Now, crucify me all you want, but as someone who plays Mirage, I believe that Hall of Mirrors needs to be a Toggle similar to Hysteria in that the energy drain increases the longer the ability is active. Why? Hall of Mirrors is without a doubt one of the most terrifying and effective first abilities in the game. Low energy cost. Incredible potential depending on the weapon of choice. No downsides. This would ultimately have an effect on the amount of Mirage spam as well. And would save weapons from ending up like the Simulor post nerf. In a perfect world I’d like to see this shifted to her 4 and have it return to the way it used to be before all the nerfs.

ECLIPSE: An incredibly useful, but boring, ability. Turn it on, receive a buff depending on if you’re in the light or in the shadow and that’s all she wrote. Would be great if there was a way to see which areas counted as light or dark. Maybe have more pronounced shadows and lighting when the ability is active? I have no idea, but as it is, it’s hard to tell where’s light and where’s dark. I’d also like to see some kind of interaction with any of her other abilities beyond a possible damage buff. Some kind of synergy. Preferably with Prism.

PRISM: This ability needs a quicker casting time. I’d use it a lot more if it didnt put Mirage in danger for several seconds. It is a visual spectacle though and it’s damage potential should be respected, if used correctly. The blind nerf was justified and its still hella potent in large scale maps, especially the Plains. A quicker casting time or even just the ability to move while casting the ability would be much appreciated. Again though, in my mind I’d much rather have a more potent version of HoM as her 4th and maybe a toned down version of Prism as her 1. But that’s just me.

Her Passive isn’t amazing, but it is noticeable. I like it. Not much to say in hat respect.

She needs a bit more work than what’s currently being given. She doesn’t even need a “rework”. Just a few tweaks to make her more interesting. 

Again, though, this is merely my opinion. She’s entirely playable as it is and doesn’t actively need any changes beyond the one she was given. But I would like to see something. Warframe is ever changing. The Warframes themselves should change along with it.

Edited by (XB1)Ivan of Jupiter

Not all the nerfs were for damage. The 5 clones each potentially using a weapon to throw physical projectiles was actively lagging yourself and other players. There likely won't be all clones doing damage again. This doesn't fit as a 4th skill unless there was something significantly more done to it.

Prism would make an awful 1st ability and would have to lose a lot of damage and utility.

Had they infinite time and manpower, they would update everything when new content was added. They can't in reality.

She is absolutely FINE. No changes other than QOL like I said like 50 times both here and reddit. I play her a lot and NO she is not invisible in high levels unless you get lucky to get true actual not lying to your face map dependent 95% damage reduction. I play her BECAUSE I want more dakka, in fact I'm still angry DE changed 4 clones shooting to only 2, Mirage REWARDS map awareness and positioning and not vrain dead spamming at level 80+.

2 minutes ago, Mad_NOORS said:

She is absolutely FINE. No changes other than QOL like I said like 50 times both here and reddit. I play her a lot and NO she is not invisible in high levels unless you get lucky to get true actual not lying to your face map dependent 95% damage reduction. I play her BECAUSE I want more dakka, in fact I'm still angry DE changed 4 clones shooting to only 2, Mirage REWARDS map awareness and positioning and not vrain dead spamming at level 80+.

Did you even read most of my post? Most of what I brought up were QoL.

22 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Had they infinite time and manpower, they would update everything when new content was added. They can't in reality.

Valid points except for this. I don’t feel as though just because it’s “unrealistic” shouldn’t keep people from bringing up as many points as possible. Good or bad.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ivan of Jupiter said:

Sassy. Except your entire post was bashing on my opinion. Eh. It’s what I’d like to see. Hate me if you want.

Nah, I said that after seeing 5 or so people saying Mirage is OP GUYZ nerf her 1 to the ground. Yeah only 3 weapons that had too much synergy and let's blame the frame instead. 

1 minute ago, Mad_NOORS said:

Nah, I said that after seeing 5 or so people saying Mirage is OP GUYZ nerf her 1 to the ground. Yeah only 3 weapons that had too much synergy and let's blame the frame instead. 

And that’s why I’d LOVE for her 1 to be a 4. The energy drain is a means to control the spam especially if they revert it to its once great status.

Just now, (Xbox One)Ivan of Jupiter said:

And that’s why I’d LOVE for her 1 to be a 4. The energy drain is a means to control the spam especially if they revert it to its once great status.

Seeing how they handled the current frames they're trying to balance yeah I want DE to not start shuffling major stuff on her. Last thing I want is DE putting stuff like energy drain per bullet fired and only limited to secondaries without buffing anything in return because B A L A N C E. 

Il y a 10 heures, (Xbox One)Ivan of Jupiter a dit :

HALL OF MIRRORS: Now, crucify me all you want, but as someone who plays Mirage, I believe that Hall of Mirrors needs to be a Toggle similar to Hysteria in that the energy drain increases the longer the ability is active. Why? Hall of Mirrors is without a doubt one of the most terrifying and effective first abilities in the game. Low energy cost. Incredible potential depending on the weapon of choice. No downsides. This would ultimately have an effect on the amount of Mirage spam as well. And would save weapons from ending up like the Simulor post nerf. In a perfect world I’d like to see this shifted to her 4 and have it return to the way it used to be before all the nerfs.

That's a 100-150% damage buff a bit more usefull in low level missions (but then use ember), with a range increase for aoe weapons (firestorm op ?). And it's only for you. What about octavia/nova/etc buffs for the whole group (no downsides!) ? And when you use it with light eclipse, the clones damage become nearly irrelevant most of the time (I do 6 times clones damage, or 12 times if we talk about one clone).
I don't see why it's "the most terrifying and effective first abilities in the game", except maybe for the "first" part. But then, does it takes more skill to push 4 instead of 1 ? I don't care if they switch abilities, but because we push 1 to cast it isn't a good reason to nerf it.

Also mirage has bad survivability and permanent HoM is needed, especially with the current eclipse. With your HoM, you can't bring her in sorties (or hide in a corner waiting for energy with energy siphon, amazing gameplay), and even lvl 40+ missions will be hard af (or boring af, your choice). 

3 hours ago, Arkandae said:

That's a 100-150% damage buff a bit more usefull in low level missions (but then use ember), with a range increase for aoe weapons (firestorm op ?). And it's only for you. What about octavia/nova/etc buffs for the whole group (no downsides!) ? And when you use it with light eclipse, the clones damage become nearly irrelevant most of the time (I do 6 times clones damage, or 12 times if we talk about one clone).
I don't see why it's "the most terrifying and effective first abilities in the game", except maybe for the "first" part. But then, does it takes more skill to push 4 instead of 1 ? I don't care if they switch abilities, but because we push 1 to cast it isn't a good reason to nerf it.

Also mirage has bad survivability and permanent HoM is needed, especially with the current eclipse. With your HoM, you can't bring her in sorties (or hide in a corner waiting for energy with energy siphon, amazing gameplay), and even lvl 40+ missions will be hard af (or boring af, your choice). 

I always bring her in sorties, even with CP Mirage doesn't need a ton of energy to begin with. Usually I vaporise everything unless its assassination missions, which then I bring Chroma+Tigris Prime combo instead, or Mesa if I'm lazy. But yeah Mirage dies to a wind breeze in high levels unless you're in shadow(too bad Corpus Ship dark areas doesn't exist :V)

il y a 8 minutes, Mad_NOORS a dit :

I always bring her in sorties, even with CP Mirage doesn't need a ton of energy to begin with

Me too (except spy missions). But I was talking about the OP HoM rework draining energy. Try to imagine : no HoM, no dark, against lvl 100 corpus.