Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pandora Archwing Mission - Saturn - Glitchy/ Poor Design

PartingOfWays

I typically try not to make a big deal out of questionable game mechanics or glitchiness, but this archwing mission really just hit a nerve for me. Pandora on saturn has to be my least favorite mission of the entire game. I'd say i want to see some improvements in this mission, but i hope to god i never have to go back there. I'll try to give a quick concise explanation of the particularly infuriating parts

You are required to chase down the target ship and destroy the engines to disable it, this in theory seems like it would be fun, however the hitbox on the engines is horriffic. The only reliable method i found was flying 10 meters behind the ship shooting it for a solid 30 seconds of hits. This is made more difficult when the ship frequently spins, slows, and speeds away. Which again, might have made for a rather interesting mechanic, if it didn't take ages to disable only to be required to destroy 4 more shield generators in a short period of time before it gets going again (i feel like you can get 2, maybe 3 if you're good at flying before it restarts). And then just to add an extra layer of annoyance you have to defend it, which wasn't terrible, but just made me panic thinking i'd have to potentially redo this horrendous mission. 

Now if those were the only difficulties, i may just write it off as difficult rather than broken. However this entire tedious process is turned infuriating when the ship gets stuck in an asteroid half the time and breaks the mission (this is not an exaggeration). I find myself dying to ads or other various fire because i try to burn down the shield generators before it gets a chance to fly off and get glitched...again. I'm an intermediate level player, i just finished war within and completed my first sortie, and decided to finish off some of the missions i skipped. So i like to think i'm not completely garbage at the game, i had my mods and gear setup so this wasn't difficult due to my incompetence (i think). 

For the sake of future players, i do hope this gets fixed/updated. The one time i had someone join my game and potentially help, the ship immediately got stuck in an asteroid and we had to quit. 

I honestly hope i never play this mission again. Sorry for the complaining but like i said, this mission just struck a nerve in comparison to the rest of the game, which i bloody love. I realize now why i skipped it earlier in the campaign, because screw future me right?

Rewards are not very good, mission is forgettable, would be a waste to do it more than once unless you really want a tradeable, gold archwing mod.

It'd be a waste of time to change it up. Maybe the next Archwing rework.

Right now it is Cetus, Focus, and Warframe ability tweaking.

the ship often gets stuck in an asteroid.

this mission type should be changed tbh. (remove from game)

a lot has to be fixed. i would like meleeing the toxic spore in jv to be fixed because you sometimes go through it..its very glitchy pushing that thing.

the only 2 missions worth doing interception on uranus and mobile defense on neptune.

if you want to kill grineer for 1 or 2 specific mod drops you could do grineer exterminate as well, otherwise you should do the interception to kill grineer.

16 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

Rewards are not very good, mission is forgettable, would be a waste to do it more than once unless you really want a tradeable, gold archwing mod.

It'd be a waste of time to change it up. Maybe the next Archwing rework.

Right now it is Cetus, Focus, and Warframe ability tweaking.

this isn't the mission you should be doing for the rare archwing mods. only 2 of those here and you can get them all elsewhere at the same time.

they need to add something with good relic rewards on rot a and b, not just mods.

btw i have almost all the rare archwing mods besides the ones from the events (magma chamber)

all pretty easy to get. so yea rewards are terrible. i hope they replace with relics so its an alternative.

also archwing is tied into cetus so..it'd be helpful. i am pretty sure they said they would keep working on archwing.

Edited by wiredframed