Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kick Or Vote To Kick

Izeck

I know this has been brought up before and that there are a lot of players opposed to it, but the truth is that this option NEEDS to be in game. There are too many players who like to troll and just destroy your fun.

I have well over 200 hours in the game and I have encountered many types of players. Most, I would say about 95% (This is my estimate, by no means official), are good people who you can have a great time with. About 3% are newer players or players who just act like they don't know what they are doing. The other 2% are the trolls and players who like to do their own thing while playing in a team. IMO, if you want to do this, go play solo mode, but they choose to do multiplayer solely torment us all (Who hasn't played an online shooter and had a little kid singing or whining just to be a pest?).

We need a way to deal with these players. A vote to kick seems like the best option to me.  A vote to kick is a fair option that can't be abused (At least not as much).

I have read a lot of players right out say no to this because, according to them, there will be players who kick others for the fun of it. Well, those are the people you don't want to play with anyway, they are part of the 2%.

If a player is kicked they should get their reward as if they had finished the mission (To the point where they were kicked), but not reached the extraction point. This seems like a fair thing and with as little loss to the player being kicked for being a #$&(% or whatever reason. They get their loot and the other players don't have to deal with their BS. Everybody wins (ish).

Jeez, just deal with it. There is ton of players to play with.

Or you can just play with your friends as you don't need online mode for everything.

Also note how people, like trolls would abuse the kick option, just for saying such as you are a part of a fandom or something.

Edited by 123Olympian

Its still 5%, thats 1 in every 20 games where you will be paired up with a troll, is it that bad? Just leave.

Why should I leave? I'm not the one ruining the game. Why not get the option to kick the troll so me and the other 2 players can keep enjoying a fun game.

Also, why are people so opposed to this? I keep hearing "If you don't like being trolled, just leave". Isn't it better off to have the troll leave instead? He/she is the one ruining the game, why should I be the one to leave?

NO !

(this again?  *facepalm)

No. don't feed the trolls.

No kick, no vote kick.

Go play with like minded players. That's what the contacts list is for. (and clans) An ignore list would be nice though.

Every MMO that has a kick sees it getting abused in a variety of different scenarios.

Here is how to not play with trolls.

Contact list

1) Play with random people.

2) Add people whose play style you agree with to you contacts list.

3) Do not add people to your contacts list that you disagree with for any reason. (any reason at all it's up to you)

4) After some time you will have a list of players personally approved by you. Play with them.

5) Maintain your list. If you need to boot someone or if someone stops playing you may have to play some more randoms to refill your list.

No kick of any kind. Blacklist, sure. Way less potential to be used by the trolls. Do you not understand that the 3% you are complaining about will have the ability to kick other players too? Why give the trolls that power? With a blacklist yes, you have to play with the troll once, but only once! And no one gets kicked just because they happen to be on a Loki frame, or because they're new and they got lost, or because they broke a window.

No

Kick

NO !

(this again?  *facepalm)

No kick, no vote kick.

Go play with like minded players. That's what the contacts list is for. (and clans) An ignore list would be nice though.

Every MMO that has a kick sees it getting abused in a variety of different scenarios.

Contact list

3) Do not add people to your contacts list that you disagree with for any reason. (any reason at all it's up to you)

4) After some time you will have a list of players personally approved by you. Play with them.

5) Maintain your list. If you need to boot someone or if someone stops playing you may have to play some more randoms to refill your list.

No kick of any kind. Blacklist, sure. Way less potential to be used by the trolls. Do you not understand that the 3% you are complaining about will have the ability to kick other players too? Why give the trolls that power? With a blacklist yes, you have to play with the troll once, but only once! And no one gets kicked just because they happen to be on a Loki frame, or because they're new and they got lost, or because they broke a window.

No

Kick

Agree

But having MOA kick would be awesome :P

NO !

(this again?  *facepalm)

No kick, no vote kick.

Contact list

No

Kick

If someone kicks me for no reason. Fine by me, I don't want to play with anyone like that anyway. Even better, it just saved me from having to deal with his/her BS anyway. I still don't see what the problem is.

If someone kicks me for no reason. Fine by me, I don't want to play with anyone like that anyway. Even better, it just saved me from having to deal with his/her BS anyway. I still don't see what the problem is.

Look at this. You need Nova systems and you are in group with random people that are from same clan or they are friends. You get your Nova systems and someone of them needed chassis and he is mad because he didnt got it ( we all meet that kind of players from time to time ) and you get vote kick just for fun. Or you are doing ? alert with some people that know each other, everything is find just before extraction where you got kicked out just they can have little fun.

Look at this. You need Nova systems and you are in group with random people that are from same clan or they are friends. You get your Nova systems and someone of them needed chassis and he is mad because he didnt got it ( we all meet that kind of players from time to time ) and you get vote kick just for fun. Or you are doing ? alert with some people that know each other, everything is find just before extraction where you got kicked out just they can have little fun.

Then you leave the game with the BPs and all the loot you have collected so far. I still don't see the problem.

Why should I leave? I'm not the one ruining the game. Why not get the option to kick the troll so me and the other 2 players can keep enjoying a fun game.

Also, why are people so opposed to this? I keep hearing "If you don't like being trolled, just leave". Isn't it better off to have the troll leave instead? He/she is the one ruining the game, why should I be the one to leave?

Again, you are talking about a 5% chance of that happening, leaving that one game gives you another 19 without them, statistcaly talking.

Add a kick feature and watch that number jump to somethin like 25-50% of trolling.

God... This again... *slams head on to wall and takes a deep breath* Dude if you meet trolls or get in to group who are acting stupid why not playing along?

Yet another "If you don't like it, leave" Solution. Why do we have to leave when we are NOT the ones being a pest. Why not give us a solution to the problem besides "Just leave".

Because the trolls will be able to use it too? Well, I rather get kicked by a troll than have to endure a mission with them.

They might kick you after you complete the objective. Just like you can't join a mission after the objective has been completed, why would they allow kicking then?

You might they will kick you for fun. It takes 3 votes to kick a player. If you are stuck with 3 trolls you were in deep S#&$ anyway.

This might happen or that might happen. There are a lot of hypothetical reasons why this is a bad idea, but the actual problems that we are having are something that we should "just deal with it", right?

Due to trolling, this game has become increasingly frustrating over the past few months. I have been here since alpha and have loved it, but as more people join the game we have gotten a swarm of trolls with them. You guys don't see a problem with this, but I know I don't speak for myself when I say that I have been spending more and more time playing in solo mode to avoid having an unpleasant time.

If this keep growing more and more players will be leaving the game.

Yet another "If you don't like it, leave" Solution. Why do we have to leave when we are NOT the ones being a pest. Why not give us a solution to the problem besides "Just leave".

Because the trolls will be able to use it too? Well, I rather get kicked by a troll than have to endure a mission with them.

They might kick you after you complete the objective. Just like you can't join a mission after the objective has been completed, why would they allow kicking then?

You might they will kick you for fun. It takes 3 votes to kick a player. If you are stuck with 3 trolls you were in deep S#&$ anyway.

This might happen or that might happen. There are a lot of hypothetical reasons why this is a bad idea, but the actual problems that we are having are something that we should "just deal with it", right?

Due to trolling, this game has become increasingly frustrating over the past few months. I have been here since alpha and have loved it, but as more people join the game we have gotten a swarm of trolls with them. You guys don't see a problem with this, but I know I don't speak for myself when I say that I have been spending more and more time playing in solo mode to avoid having an unpleasant time.

If this keep growing more and more players will be leaving the game.

So you mean if somebody is newbie on game somebody else sees him as a troll and doesn't remember check screen what is able to be seen by pressing that Z button resulting this getting kicked by being new on the game. THIS is the major reason WHY! Kick will never! EVER! Be on this game.

You can invite your fellow clan members to make a lobby or friends who you know to not be trolls. (except then they decides to be something like that and this was mentioned once already)

We just can't go around and kick our ways through things. That why as you mentioned there is solo mode for lone wolf gaming.

Again, you are talking about a 5% chance of that happening, leaving that one game gives you another 19 without them, statistcaly talking.

Add a kick feature and watch that number jump to somethin like 25-50% of trolling.

Mate, chances don't work this way. And sudden 5-streak of jerks will kill all the pleasure and desire to play.

I second OP. Kick is needed. And "just quit" is barely a good option when some jerk not letting go a lift when all of you already completed objective. And, in case of alerts, sometimes you can't just restart it. It's a clear loss or sucking it up and waiting for 1-80 minutes

Mate, chances don't work this way. And sudden 5-streak of jerks will kill all the pleasure and desire to play.

I second OP. Kick is needed. And "just quit" is barely a good option when some jerk not letting go a lift when all of you already completed objective. And, in case of alerts, sometimes you can't just restart it. It's a clear loss or sucking it up and waiting for 1-80 minutes

There is possibility to make private lobby. Problem solved.