The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

FPS Limiter with V-sync not working....

DarkFlameZealot

I'm using an Acer Predator 15 with the game right now and have V-sync currently turned off with the fps set to a max of 60. However, when I enable v-sync, it spikes up to around 250+ for some reason and this in turn makes the cooling fans whir crazy loud. Isn't this the bloody opposite of how this should work? Turning on v-sync causes your fps to lower down to values under normal (unless really good graphics cards) in order to make sure the pixels are 100% synced up as you view them, so why does Warframe make this crap backwards?

If anyone has a fix for this issue, please let me know :/

Edit: I play in windowed mode, not fullscreen, but either mode still causes this massive fps spike with Vsync enabled...

Edited by DarkFlameZealot

I actually can't replicate this... I do know that when you enable v-sync in game it will blur out the fps limiter because like you said that's vsyncs job so whatever your fps limit is set to it doesn't affect vsync. I think vsync will also work with borderless fullscreen and of course fullscreen, not sure about just windowed though.

You might want to try ticking the fullscreen box in the launcher and see if it will work properly then. Otherwise I'm really not sure, don't think I've had this happen to me before.

4 hours ago, Zenviscerator said:

I actually can't replicate this... I do know that when you enable v-sync in game it will blur out the fps limiter because like you said that's vsyncs job so whatever your fps limit is set to it doesn't affect vsync. I think vsync will also work with borderless fullscreen and of course fullscreen, not sure about just windowed though.

You might want to try ticking the fullscreen box in the launcher and see if it will work properly then.

The point of VSync is to limit fps to usually around 60 in order to have those pixels line up while disabling allows it to go to whatever limit you want (before tearing ofc).

But for warframe, it doesn't naturally limit it at all, but rather spikes up. I've tried the launcher options and nothing works, so I'm assuming it's DE's mess up with some update maybe.

vsync is suppose to synchronize your frames per second with your screens refresh rate . effectively capping it to 1 below what ever your screens refresh rate is. typically it would be 59 or 74 but with some of the first line 4k screens its 29. all dem pixles is hard to keep up wif when there is a 32 bit processor chugging along behind the screen

vsync shouldnt work with separate frame rate caps since as long as its below your screens refresh rate screen tearing is almost unheard of and thats the only reason vsync is a thing

On 12/12/2017 at 7:46 PM, m101011 said:

vsync is suppose to synchronize your frames per second with your screens refresh rate . effectively capping it to 1 below what ever your screens refresh rate is. typically it would be 59 or 74 but with some of the first line 4k screens its 29. all dem pixles is hard to keep up wif when there is a 32 bit processor chugging along behind the screen

vsync shouldnt work with separate frame rate caps since as long as its below your screens refresh rate screen tearing is almost unheard of and thats the only reason vsync is a thing

I know it shouldn't considering it's supposed to auto-limit to 60 or whatever your computer is set up for. But there's no explanation for why turning v-sync on would make fps around 250+ when it's not designed to...

Edit: My screen is 60Hz, so the fps should be 59, not 259...

Edited by DarkFlameZealot