The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creating a Warframe

(PSN)Valfrekr

I'd actually make a spiderframe instead of a whip-based catframe. Something focused on ensnaring the enemy and working almost exclusively on CC and leaving enemies open for teammates to deal with.

1. Spider's Web - Target the ground to leave a web trap that ensnares enemies and slows them down immensely. Target an enemy to trap them and surrounding enemies in a radius, leaving them vulnerable to finishers. Can be boosted with Range Mods, Duration, and Strength mods.

2. Spider Swarm - Summon a group of 5+ small spiderlings(like Nidus and his summoned larvae in his 4) that attach to enemies, panicking them and leaving them vulnerable to finishers. Affected by Duration, Strength, and Range(number of spiders summoned)

3. Webstring - Utility ability. Cast on a wall to leave a temporary string of web that can be traversed upon by yourself and allies. Cast on an enemy to ragdoll and pull them towards you. Long range for those Bombards that are shooting you from across the room. Affected by Range and Duration mods.

4. Charlotte's Web - Turn the battlefield into your own personal nest with a massive blast of webbing. Enemies caught in the initial blast are encased in a cocoon-like object and start losing health for as long as the web lasts. At zero health the cocoon explodes, summoning 1-2 spiderlings that last for a set duration and behave like they do in 2. The blast area has the residual effect of trapping enemies who venture in, initially slowing and eventually stopping them and leaving them vulnerable to finishing strikes. Affected by Range, Duration, and Strength mods.

Passive - Either full on terrain traversal like an actual spider, or an Inaros-like sand trap health gain when pressing E near a finisher-vulnerable opponent.

This is my idea for a Warframe.

Name: Barrage

theme: rockets, explosives, the Grineer Warframe.

passive: slam attacks with melee weapons create explosions that make enemies go unconscious, opening them up to finishers.

ability 1:explosive dart- shoot a dart from a shoulder mounted turret that on impact fills the target with void energy and drains its health simultaneously.  once the target dies, it creates an explosion based on what percentage of the target's health was consumed by the dart. cost:25.

ability 2:concentration- your bullets form your primary and secondary weapons now lock onto enemies for a short amount of time.  cost:50.

ability 3:guided missile-fire a missile that you can control the direction of.  cost:75.

ability 4:exalted salvo- take flight and fire a salvo of rockets at your enemy. cost 25.

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/12/2017 at 8:14 PM, (PS4)Unstar said:

So I started writing this as a joke, and in the end I actually thought it was neat.  Life is weird sometimes.

My Warframe is hair-themed.  It's simply covered in body hair.  And it has abilities that make the hair grow, so that as you dash around you have a flowing mane trailing behind your body.

• One ability should tie up the enemies with body hair so they can't move
  • One ability should put body hair in enemies' mouths, preventing them from calling for help and alerting other unaware enemies.
  • One ability will put hair gel on the body hair, making it very spiky, dealing puncture damage to enemies when you get close to them.
  • One ability should let you use the body hair as a grappling hook.

I dunno what the Warframe would actually look like.  Maybe like a Super Saiyan Ewok.  That's good enough.

Cousin Itt warframe?

giphy.gif

I'd think about how to make some abilities valid in both cases: exploring starchart as well as the long high level runs.

Take Mag, I think she's good example for the purpose:

• Polarize (back in a day) - used to deplete a percentage of enemy shields (base 50%, max up to 100% with high power strength) - it was able to wipe out an entire map of Corpus units, thus considered overpowered - I agree, it was absurdly OP
  • Polarize (now) - depletes a flat amount (base: 400) enemy shields and armor (scales with power strength) - it's fine at lower levels, but almost useless in higher level content
  • Polarize (how it should work IMO) - depletes a percentage + a flat amount of enemy shields and armor (exeplary formula: total damage = 20% + 200, where percentage doesn't and flat amount does scale with power strength) - it would work basically like it is now at low levels, but it would remain valid in higher levels as well without being blantantly overpowered. Also, from developing point of view, it would be easier to balance it out without overnerfing as both values could be tweaked depending on the feedback).