The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Snow Globe Obligatory For The Void?

lautalocos

oh im sorry my MLG lord, forgibe this filthy casual. i will banish myself from the forums now.

really, it´s just impossible to do. the pod is destroyed by enemies in 5 seconds from very far away.

I never said you were less of a person or sucked. Please do not assume I was insulting you. I was merely stating that, provided there is enough teamwork, you can accomplish a lot.

Excuse me, but doing T3 void defense IS very much possible without Snow globe.

Rhino, Nyx, Vauban, Loki, Nova are one of the frames that can substitute Frost. 

Don't tell me it's impossible. I've been there done that.

Edited by _Sokol_

oh im sorry my MLG lord, forgibe this filthy casual. i will banish myself from the forums now.

Please refrain from scalding comments like these. I'm sure the person who replied didn't mean it that way.

Elitism helps no one.

Only -you- can prevent forest fires.

I remember getting blown to smithereens within 1 second of the snowglobe expiring on 1 wave remaining. I had 810 shields and a bunch of health.

No, skill isn't a substitute. Snowglobe's almost mandatory.

Please refrain from scalding comments like these. I'm sure the person who replied didn't mean it that way.

Elitism helps no one.

Only -you- can prevent forest fires.

BURN FORESTS, BURN!

edit: yeah, he already explained, i just misunderstood the comment

Edited by lautalocos

it actually doesnt because right now my frost prime is in the foundry, and i will never get the almighty god vauban

iv got vauban and to me he is not that good he is only really useful for hostage or defenses missions that's it his vortex is not really a option when fighting because it sucks you into it also and his Tesla because useless at higher levels that leaves only bounce and Bastille.

Excuse me, but doing T3 void defense IS very much possible without Snow globe.

Rhino, Nyx, Vauban, Loki, Nova are on of the frames that can substitute Frost. 

Don't tell me it's impossible. I've been there done that.

my team I used my first time beat t3 void defense was my Excalibur volt trinity and i think a nyx

really, it´s just impossible to do. the pod is destroyed by enemies in 5 seconds from very far away.

yea actually a good story was when we got to 3 waves left.. the frost said o btw i gtg.. and as soon as his globe went away we died.. and im not kidding you when i say it took 2 seconds............... i even had most enemies mced... but still a fusion and other guys still attacked the pod.. yea no.. 

really, void defense missions are literaly impossible without a frost, can´t you make something for squads without frost to have a chance?

Acquire Frost in your team. Simple.

But seriously, what do you expect? That DE will close the cryopod in some kind of bunker, so nobody can shoot it or what?

It's a classic class balance problem though.  On defense missions people take a frost and use snow globe to protect the pod.  So the developers and designers, in an attempt to make the game challenging, balance the difficulty assuming that you're going to do this.  What they have done is made a common effective tactic a necessity for the mission.  After the defense is taken care of damage dealers become the next balancing problem.  It's why nearly every frame has some sort of AOE damage or AOE CC.  The problem is if you continue to "balance" the game this way you end up making none of the frames unique.

Things are already quite stupid as it stands.  Need AOE for Infested?  Take an Ember.  Need AOE for Corpus?  Take a Volt.  Need AOE for Grineer?  Take a Mag.  Oh, we have a Nova?  Forget those other guys Nova can handle it all!

Acquire Frost in your team. Simple.

But seriously, what do you expect? That DE will close the cryopod in some kind of bunker, so nobody can shoot it or what?

no, im simply asking them to balance it so that the pod last more than 5 seconds without a snow globe