The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Snow Globe Obligatory For The Void?

lautalocos

I think that's the idea, it's supposed to be hard (without broken abilities anyway). You shouldn't just breeze through every mission and if you can't beat T3 defense without snowglobe than that doesn't mean it's impossible, just difficult. People have done it. People have solo'd it, and without frost.

It does. But that requires people to do more than stand around slowly plinking at ancient's faces with a grakata I guess.

this clearly shows that u have not tried t3 defense with out a frost.. becuase if u have and you got to 5 - 7 waves remaining then u would know for a fact that you need a frost.. so plz try it b4 u say something like this.

this clearly shows that u have not tried t3 defense with out a frost.. becuase if u have and you got to 5 - 7 waves remaining then u would know for a fact that you need a frost.. so plz try it b4 u say something like this.

I've done it a bunch. I don't like using a frost because the snowglobe is so limiting space-wise and does very little to stop the most dangerous enemies, the fusion moas. I am of the mindset that the best defense is a good offense.

The honest, blunt, truth to the OP's question is the simple fact that that Frost is required because he simply is. If you get up to those last waves in T3 defense, and don't have it - the pod dies within a second. If a moa gets in even for a second the pod is gone. That is why taking a Vauban is also a good idea.

If you only take a vauban though, the pod will die very quickly. Doesn't matter how good your team is. If something gets a few seconds to fire on the pod over the level 100 mark of mob levels, it's gone. So it's more about area denial then anything.

Edited by BoOz

try loki, nyx, vauban, and banshee. Loki teleports pod to spawn vauban uses his abiitys(plus vortex), banshee boosts team and keeps them off pod(has 7 second stun incase) and nyx to make them kill each other it is possible.

If you only take a vauban though, the pod will die very quickly. Doesn't matter how good your team is. If something gets a few seconds to fire on the pod over the level 100 mark of mob levels, it's gone. So it's more about area denial then anything.

They come from very predictable areas. Two vaubans can easily control all of these locations. Forexample the spinny door that most enemies spawn can be controlled by throwing a vortex on the right pillar (looking from the pod) and then turning on the laser shortly before it ends. It will pull almost all of the enemies from that side into the lasers range.

Bastille can be used to control the left side, and nyx can be used to CC the back right side. The back left rarely spawns enemies and can often be handeled by the laser.

Its hard without frost, very hard. But not impossible. It takes very good gear, and a very skilled and synergistic team.

Its hard without frost, very hard. But not impossible. It takes very good gear, and a very skilled and synergistic team.

Swapping a single frost for two Vauban is still highlighting the fact the mission are being made that require Frost or Vauban.

I would prefer DE just design maps that do not require a Frost/Vauban in the first place.

They come from very predictable areas. Two vaubans can easily control all of these locations. Forexample the spinny door that most enemies spawn can be controlled by throwing a vortex on the right pillar (looking from the pod) and then turning on the laser shortly before it ends. It will pull almost all of the enemies from that side into the lasers range.

Bastille can be used to control the left side, and nyx can be used to CC the back right side. The back left rarely spawns enemies and can often be handeled by the laser.

A single ogris can keep the front entrance with the revolving door pretty well underhand if it's decently modded, especially in conjunction with the front lasers.

one last thing before i forget about this topic: i understand that the enemies seem to focus on the pod. i mean, it makes sense, but if there isn´t a barrier to protect the pod, enemies will just shoot it from very far away. i don´t have a frost, so what im i supposed to do? wait to get one to enjoy part of the game content?

one last thing before i forget about this topic: i understand that the enemies seem to focus on the pod. i mean, it makes sense, but if there isn´t a barrier to protect the pod, enemies will just shoot it from very far away. i don´t have a frost, so what im i supposed to do? wait to get one to enjoy part of the game content?

Nyx CC from 25M away with max chaos

Along with rhino stomping everything in a 20M radius

Vauban will Vauban

Nova's MP with stretch reach absurd lengths

Make trinity cast Godmode for everyone and go on offense

Frost isn't needed, but it dam well makes it all easier.

Snowglobe is a crutch... and most frost players are bad.  

Some are amazing, but they also know when to just use their ulti and skill rather than sit in the bubble waiting to die.

lol.

I'd love to know what planet you live on that a 10m range ulti that fails to kill enemies beyond level 40 is worth using against level 100+ enemies.

I can confirm the snow globe being far too critical for defense.

I suggest changing the defense levels in a way that the pod is not in a direct line of fire from long ranges, or have some repairable/reactivate-able "shield generators" around it enclosed in small rooms to.power up barriers blocking long range shots. Or just change level so that the generator is behind some sort of an obstacle so that enemies would need to get a bit closer, allowing the squads to react to deal with the incoming enemies.

I think this would reduce the need to rely on the frost and make the game more fun for everyone.