Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Market Price Gouging

Llyssa

I like the idea of being able to buy mats on the market. Makes sense. Great income.

I actually need circuits, so I was like, "Let's go look at circuit prices!"

30 Plat! Okay. Sure, 30 plat, but I'll get a bunch of circuits, so it seems reasonable.

How many will I get?

1.5k.

What?

I'm not sure about anyone else, but that seems like way-too-few circuits for 30 plat. I mean, I can buy a whole new warframe for 75 plat, why would I spend 30 plat on building 1 part?

It's obviously not the worst price possible, but given the option of grinding painfully for tons of circuits or paying 30 plat per 1.5k, I'm going to grind. It is a complete no-brainer choice--you need way too many circuits to make that even slightly appealing.

I don't know how many more would be "good", but the idea that the ratio is 50:1, or, 2 plat per circuit bundle you'd find in the wild, is lame. I'm just completely certain it needs to be a better ratio than that for it to seem even remotely appetizing.

If you could buy resources for pennies, why would you bother playing? The prices have to be carefully balanced so that they're too expensive for casual use, but at a nice price to splurge if you want to save an hour or two.

This. Imo, I think alot of the prices are they way they are because DE actually wants you to PLAY the game. Not buy your way through everything in the game within a week. Same reason the warframe prices are so high, DE wants you to PLAY the game.

But that is just what I think of the high prices of resources and such.

This. Imo, I think alot of the prices are they way they are because DE actually wants you to PLAY the game. Not buy your way through everything in the game within a week. Same reason the warframe prices are so high, DE wants you to PLAY the game.

No they don't.  They want you to get frustrated by the game so that you have to buy materials to have fun.  Hence why everything is 800+ plastids and 4 nuerodes these days.

If you could buy resources for pennies, why would you bother playing? The prices have to be carefully balanced so that they're too expensive for casual use, but at a nice price to splurge if you want to save an hour or two.

Have you ever had to farm a rare resource and it just never seems to drop for hours on end?

Buying mats helps when for whatever reason you get bent-over by pure stupid chance. The pricing is terrible however so even this minor convenience isn't worth platinum.

The pricing is pretty arbitrary, and there have been threads about how it lacks any consistency or reasonable values outside of a few items.

Even though I doubt this will happen, remove the materials from the market and increase the drop rate on the rarer ones.  I am tired of farming control modules for days on end only to end up with 2 or 3.  Sure its a revenue stream for them now, you are always going to get the person who is either to lazy to farm or to fed up with farming to just buy them straight out of the market.

I really doubt that is their modus operani here, it is a revenue generator for them.  They can put a squeeze on the rarer materials making them even rarer and then look like heros by putting them up for sale for a butt ton of platinum.  The more we need the more platinum we'll buy, and the more money they'll make

You guys talk like it is hard to farm up most of these materials.  Yes the price is high, that is the cost of getting building mats the lazy way.  Honestly I think the costs for the mats in the market is just fine, maybe they need a little balancing but having them be expensive is just fine.  DE has already stated in the past that they know their price for platinum is high right now and they are not able to reduce it yet.  I would assume when the PS4 version goes live and the number of players increases they will be able to reduce the price for platinum, so the costs for items in the market may not seem so high. 

I would expect them to try out different methods to monetize this game, if they didn't they would be stupid.  They also just introduced this and the game is still in beta, things are likely to change.  This is also their first F2P game, they won't get everything right the first time around.

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

You guys talk like it is hard to farm up most of these materials.  Yes the price is high, that is the cost of getting building mats the lazy way.  Honestly I think the costs for the mats in the market is just fine, maybe they need a little balancing but having them be expensive is just fine.  DE has already stated in the past that they know their price for platinum is high right now and they are not able to reduce it yet.  I would assume when the PS4 version goes live and the number of players increases they will be able to reduce the price for platinum, so the costs for items in the market may not seem so high. 

I dont think anyone said its hard to farm the mats.  What they are saying is that mat requirements have gone though the roof and some the rare mats are incrediblely difficult to get a hold of. Case in point (for me at least) control modules, 3.5 hours on valefor netted me 2 control modules.  Man did i score on morphics and fieldron samples.

Edited by Zerointerupt

The materials to make a potato are more expensive than just buying a potato.

This is my main issue. The mats to make just about anything costs more than the actual thing itself. So, it's not for people with LOTS of plat to blow, they can just buy the item outright. It's also not for people with moderate quantities of plat to blow, they can't justify the price. People with very little plat can't even regard this as an option.

So if it's not for the rich(cheaper and faster to just buy what it makes directly)....

it's not for the middle-class(makes more sense to farm it with your limited plat)...

and it's not for the poor(can't afford it, don't need to)....

Who, exactly, is supposed to be buying circuits at 30 plat per 1.5k?

I dont think anyone said its hard to farm the mats.  What they are saying is that mat requirements have gone though the roof and some the rare mats are incrediblely difficult to get a hold of. Case in point (for me at least) control modules, 3.5 hours on valefor netted me 2 control modules.  Man did i score on morphics and fieldron samples.

All the rare components used to be easier to get (2~3 major updates ago, i don't really remember exactly when).  But then nerfed the drop rates into the ground way before they added materials to the market.  I think they could probably re balance the drop percentages to keep them rare but not stupidly rare like they are now.  They also need to remove the clan tech materials (fieldron samples etc.) from the loot pools of bosses, that alone would help out a lot.  But as far as mats reaquired for building, yes around the time of update 8 the number needed did spike in a lot of blue prints, but it seems like more recently they are coming back down, with exception maybe to neurodes(for the Vasto and Sobek).

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

If DE wants us to play their game, they have to make a game worth playing, not make items cost exuberant amounts in the RM store.

This argument is asinine, its like saying your local food store wants you to WORK for your food and not just buy too much food and let it spoil.

If DE wants us to play their game, they have to make a game worth playing, not make items cost exuberant amounts in the RM store.

This argument is asinine, its like saying your local food store wants you to WORK for your food and not just buy too much food and let it spoil.

Worst analogy I've read all week.

I spent 3000 plat for 300,000 Nano Spores. Money well spent.

^ lol.

Anyway, I agree that prices for crafting materials are bad...like 10 plat per Control Module?

Aside from my disappointment that DE is actually selling crafting materials on the Market for Plat, rather than Credits. Its sad.