The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma change ??

SuDancingRain

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BigLithuanian said:

That sounds interesting. I main chroma and that would be handy but do you think they will do some "fixes"(debuff/nerf)

Usually, it is a nerf.

After playing for 4 years, I have noticed the trend is usually like this:

Frame X just released > Nerf called for by forums > Frame X nerfed > *Some other frame(s) released and people start comparing how bad/good Frame X is > Frame X buffed/nerfed > 2 possible routes: 

(a) Frame X no longer as popular and name does not appear much in forums > Nothing happens until * happens again

(b) Frame X starts being names often in forums and used as comparison to how good it is over other frame(s) > Frame X nerfed

Due to POE and Eidolon meta, Chroma has appeared in forums a lot more. Therefore, likelihood is nerf incoming.

However, good news is DE is less harsh on nerfs these days. They used to nerf stuff to the ground but these days, they are a little bit more lenient so they tend to just nerf one ability to the ground and not the whole frame.

17 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Usually, it is a nerf.

After playing for 4 years, I have noticed the trend is usually like this:

Frame X just released > Nerf called for by forums > Frame X nerfed > *Some other frame(s) released and people start comparing how bad/good Frame X is > Frame X buffed/nerfed > 2 possible routes: 

(a) Frame X no longer as popular and name does not appear much in forums > Nothing happens until * happens again

(b) Frame X starts being names often in forums and used as comparison to how good it is over other frame(s) > Frame X nerfed

Due to POE and Eidolon meta, Chroma has appeared in forums a lot more. Therefore, likelihood is nerf incoming.

However, good news is DE is less harsh on nerfs these days. They used to nerf stuff to the ground but these days, they are a little bit more lenient so they tend to just nerf one ability to the ground and not the whole frame.

That is what pisses me off because I have been playing Chroma ever since I got Warframe(a few years ago) and I enjoyed him but now my Main will most definitely get nerfed and I can't do anything because all these Meta followers kinda ruined it. I know Chroma can one shot the parts but it because of Mods like Intesify not because Chroma can just inherently one shot Eidolon parts. I know Chroma is not just mine to claim but i still would like my Main Frame not to be nerfed into the ground. Chroma fits my playstyle perfectly. Plus the fact that I made a lot of memories with Chroma from doing the Second Dream and War Within to soloing the Shadow Stalker and just playing the game in general and to think that he may be unsusable in unbearable.

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BigLithuanian said:

That is what pisses me off because I have been playing Chroma ever since I got Warframe(a few years ago) and I enjoyed him but now my Main will most definitely get nerfed and I can't do anything because all these Meta followers kinda ruined it. I know Chroma can one shot the parts but it because of Mods like Intesify not because Chroma can just inherently one shot Eidolon parts. I know Chroma is not just mine to claim but i still would like my Frame not to be nerfed into the ground. Chroma fits my playstyle perfectly.

Unfortunately, there really is nothing much you can do about it but a way to cope with this that i have found is to have more than 1 "main". At least 3 will be good.

The good news is that it is always a round-robin so even if it is nerfed now, a buff will eventually come months later when something else is nerfed.

8 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Unfortunately, there really is nothing much you can do about it but a way to cope with this that i have found is to have more than 1 "main". At least 3 will be good.

The good news is that it is always a round-robin so even if it is nerfed now, a buff will eventually come months later when something else is nerfed.

I do have quite a few other frames but I mostly use Chroma just because he is useful to me for just about everything and I know there are better frames for certain activities but I try to personally survive and help.

He stand out among the other Frames in terms of abilities because of Vex Armor and Elemental Ward which are his most useful abilities for survival and damage(Ward is based off Energy color/Elemental type).

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian

Call me crazy, but I believe that when DE gets around to Chroma changes they won't end up nerfing him. I think they''ll just make some changes to Spectral Scream and Effigy honestly. His other two abilities really don't seems that broken. If they are going to touch Vex Armor, which is what I assume everyone is worried about here, they'll probably just drop the damage buff a little or make it so that you can't self damage for buff. I really don't think they'll mess with it though it seems pretty solid and not broken. I've only been playing for a year and half now, so I don't know everything, but most of DE's nerfs seem justified to me. They just don't want players to have abilities that make content trivial and I don't think Chroma has any abilities like that.   

I think the intent behind chroma is to offer him different attributes to his skills but for you to be committed to the build upon start of the mission.

He's not Equinox, where he can shift powers mid fight. That's what Equinox was designed to do.

Imo, Chroma would be way too strong shifting his weight at any moment, and would likely result in a major Nerf if applied.

1 hour ago, deliciousdoobmaster69 said:

Call me crazy, but I believe that when DE gets around to Chroma changes they won't end up nerfing him. I think they''ll just make some changes to Spectral Scream and Effigy honestly. His other two abilities really don't seems that broken. If they are going to touch Vex Armor, which is what I assume everyone is worried about here, they'll probably just drop the damage buff a little or make it so that you can't self damage for buff. I really don't think they'll mess with it though it seems pretty solid and not broken. I've only been playing for a year and half now, so I don't know everything, but most of DE's nerfs seem justified to me. They just don't want players to have abilities that make content trivial and I don't think Chroma has any abilities like that.   

I hope you are right.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

I think the intent behind chroma is to offer him different attributes to his skills but for you to be committed to the build upon start of the mission.

He's not Equinox, where he can shift powers mid fight. That's what Equinox was designed to do.

Imo, Chroma would be way too strong shifting his weight at any moment, and would likely result in a major Nerf if applied.

Well then let's hope they don't apply it. To be honest it would be interesting but I think fire Chroma is the best. So I stick with my normal build and it should stay that way.