Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Stalker Needs To Stalk You.

Stefanovich

So as you know, The Stalker appears in your game at random and proceeds to kill you for the murder of a boss, yadayadayada. What dissapoints me is that he doesn't really...stalk you. He says a few things, he teleports in, and attacks.

Why I don't have a problem with this method, I think there could be a secondary approach for The Stalker to attack you. Yes, by stalking his prey, and waiting for just the right moment to strike without blowing his cover with, "Hey, you! Yeah, you. xXTooCoolforSchoolXx, you have killed this guy, so I'm gonna kill you! So just be aware that I will be in your vicinity very shorty! That is all.".

An even cooler feature is if The Stalker could be seen in your game spying on you, maybe sitting crouched off in the distance and immediately dissapears when spotted without ever saying anythingor engaging the player in that game, creating an element of always being vulnerable and the fact that he's ACTUALLY stalking you.

If I saw The Stalker crouched on a rock off in the distance of a defense mission watching us Tenno fight off waves Corpus only to see him vanish upon being spotted would actually creep me out.

What do you guys think? Abosolutely not, or definately needs to happen?

It is already happening actually. Get gear that needs to be leveled up, and he will attack you. He has a much higher chance of attacking when you are more weak... with new stuff.

I do think that the warning gives away that 'stalkish' idea. Never saw it like that. Good point.

Edited by HellEnforcer

Yay, a SlenderFrame

Warframe_2013-04-16_21-13-41-054.jpg

“We didn’t want to go, we didn’t want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time…” – Tenno unknown, presumed dead.

One of two recovered images from the Outer Terminus Datamass Library blaze. Notable for being taken the day which fourteen Tenno vanished and for what is referred to as “The Stalker”. Deformities cited as film defects by officials. Fire at library occurred one week later. Actual datamass confiscated as evidence.

Edited by DaftMeat

I still like the red screen flashes and whispers, but I think his taunts need to go cause the way it is set up now just isn't very menacing after a few encounters. I say randomize the number of flashes or whatever before he shows up so you can't go "There's the 4th one! Here he comes!"

And then when playing solo, I think the slow grand appearance is fine because it gives you that, "Flannels off bro, let's duel!" sort of feeling, but online, all it does is cause him to be in 4 cross-hairs before he even gets up which pretty much guarantees he will get shot to hell and quadruple ultimated in a matter of seconds.    

• 6 months later...

I think they should buff the stalker for Higher Level players.

There is no thrill or suspense once you`ve reached a certain level when you know you can almost instakill kim.

And that is a missed oppurtunity in my opinion.

Edited by Makinar

Would be nice if when he shows, the music dies out to this quiet and eerie sound track only unique to him, and all the while the map gets progressively darker,

a shadowy effect starts spreading wherever you go (remember, everything is still quiet, you have no clue what's going on) and when the screen flashes,

you see greyed out Tenno appear, standing still, staring at you, and disappear immediately (like a taunt showing all the Tenno he has killed)

and by the next flash, stalker starts coming from the ground, everywhere, slowly. But then another flash and they are gone, (now you hear the whispers) and the map is more of a shadowy illusion at this point, and the battle starts.

This is my 100th post so I had to make it special. But I think this would be awesome!

He would probably need a good buff and new mechanics to make him more of a challenge but meh...

On the other hand, your idea is still excellent!

*Starts sounding like a story near the end, oh well haha

Edited by Kheim

Would be nice if when he shows, the music dies out to this quiet and eerie sound track only unique to him, and all the while the map gets progressively darker,

a shadowy effect starts spreading wherever you go (remember, everything is still quiet, you have no clue what's going on) and when the screen flashes,

you see greyed out Tenno appear, standing still, staring at you, and disappear immediately (like a taunt showing all the Tenno he has killed)

and by the next flash, stalker starts coming from the ground, everywhere, slowly. But then another flash and they are gone, (now you hear the whispers) and the map is more of a shadowy illusion at this point, and the battle starts.

This is my 100th post so I had to make it special. But I think this would be awesome!

He would probably need a good buff and new mechanics to make him more of a challenge but meh...

The issue with this is that it would be immensely creepy for the first few players, but eventually people would expect it and it would end up being another "hosting stalker run must be marked" farm. I kinda like the idea of the OP more, because it's different for every person, and since you don't really know for a fact whether or not you saw him or it was just a trick of the eye, it sorta keeps you on edge.

The issue with this is that it would be immensely creepy for the first few players, but eventually people would expect it and it would end up being another "hosting stalker run must be marked" farm. I kinda like the idea of the OP more, because it's different for every person, and since you don't really know for a fact whether or not you saw him or it was just a trick of the eye, it sorta keeps you on edge.

Yeah I got a tad carried away, but it was more of an addition to his. But with all intents and purposes, his is definitely the superior idea!