Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Companion abilities are still mods?

(PSN)Nozomi244

have you ever heard about companion mod priority? if not I will explain, abilities on companions remained as mods to let ppl still use them in order of priority, which ability do sentinel or whatever needs to use first/more frequently (from left to right)

No it's lazy and abandoned design.

Pet's still work on the old mods 1.0 system, they have done some minor tweaking to the mods themselves, but the core mechanic is exactly the same as the original concept. Right down to the lack of an aura slot or exilus slot.

So yeah one of the unintended consequences is you do have more flexibility to mix and match certain abilities and they did tweak it a bit to put that in. But then again the majority of pet abilities mods have very limited usefulness or effectiveness in general, so there is no real balance issue to worry about.

This is part of the reason Pet's seem underwhelming and inherent universal vacuum is always brought up. Pet's have been neglected, and even with Kavats it's starting to show it. Honestly I'd rather they had not done POE and worked on revamping pets, creating more types, replacing the mechanics with something comparable to warframes, and actually have pets be a mechanism to provide real flavor and unique characterization to your overall loadout. Not just be there for a cosmetic on your ship(that's what my kavat is), lolz or strictly for vacuum.